Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine has given birth to a girl!  (Read 28216 times)
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2018, 10:17:28 PM »

The only people I know who got one guilted their partner into it
I myself got a lovely string of black pearls for my daughter's birth, but no one gave it that hideous name.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2018, 10:23:56 PM »

Spontaneous, meaningful gifts are great. I just meant we've turned into a Facebook spectacle like gender reveal parties and such, more for others consumption, not for the couple. Anyway, no biggie. Just my experiences
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »

In my area it’s a normal thing to do and is, by no means, a new concept - but the Danish name is a LOT nicer. Barselsgave.

My dad gave my mom jewelry for both me and my brother and my SIL got a necklace from my brother when my nephew was born.

Those pieces of jewelry mean at least as much to them as their wedding rings.

Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2018, 10:42:57 PM »

Does this mean that CG and Silvia wont be at the Te Deum?

I am ok with Madde and Chris not doing a "leaving the hospital" photo as that has been done to death. This is a much nicer and more intimate picture. And none of the stupid peekaboo games with hats and baby blankets either!

Wondering if the journo picked up that term from some terrible US reality program or some friend of hers in Manhattan told her about "push presents" and she thought she would be hip putting it into the question.  *eye roll* 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2018, 10:50:39 PM »

They have released two pictures where you can see the wee girls cute face. Already they're ahead IMO.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »

Spontaneous, meaningful gifts are great. I just meant we've turned into a Facebook spectacle like gender reveal parties and such, more for others consumption, not for the couple. Anyway, no biggie. Just my experiences

Thumb up The new trend of over the top announcements and gender reveals, etc., is so  Dead Dead Dead IMO.

I love how the SRF does baby photos: warm, intimate and normal. Nothing too stylised or over the top.
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2018, 10:54:58 PM »

Congrats to the family!
She is such a cutie I wish her health and happiness!!
She does looks like Nicolas, I don’t know if My thought has a base, I have never been pregnant, but she is havier and seems to me bigger  than her siblings maybe that’s why Maddie had more back pain with her.
I would love if they honor Victoria, but maybe as a second name, I would love if they name her Johanna, isn’t a Scandinavian name(?) because it’s a great node to the founder of the dinasty (as there are 200 years seens then) and/or maybe one of maddie’s second
names.
I agree with you it was very rude of her to ask him about the push present, in Cyprus we don’t have it as a tradition or something but there are people that are doing it I find a beautiful gesture as long is done privately and for the right reasons.
My maternal grandpa gifted my grandma for each of their children a bracelet, and when it was time for my mother and aunts to married she gave it to each of them as a wedding gift to remember their father as he died in a car accident when all of them were young instead my uncle inherited his watch,and “his” bracelet will go to his daughter upon her wedding.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
LenaT

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2018, 11:56:21 PM »

Hi! I am new here but I read you often, sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

I just wanted to say one thing, Victoria, Daniel and the children were in Sweden when the little princess was born, when the media revealed they were in switzerland they said they would be there for a week, and this was on February 27, then said that Victoria and her family returned to Sweden on March 1, they went back to Sweden for Oscar's birthday.

Victoria and Daniel had events this week, on March 6 Victoria visited the exhibition "Couturens Hemligheter "(Secrets of Couture) at Sven-Harry's Art Museum, Met Wallenberg Academy Fellows Anita Öst at the Wallenberg Foundations and went to Post Davos Nordic Summit, on March 7 she visited the municipality of Sotenäs, the photos of this events are in "Victoria - News & Events 2018". Also on March 7 Daniel visited Katedralskolan and Linnaeus University in Växjö with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial program.

I think the confusion about where the family was is because the media published photos of their stay in Switzerland when they were already at home.

On the other hand the king and queen went to Switzerland on March 4 and they would be there for two weeks, but with the birth of the new little princess they returned to Sweden, so the king and Victoria were not on vacation at the same time, first were Victoria with her family and then the king and queen.

Again, forgive me for my English, I will try to improve! and say that I love this forum Wink
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2018, 12:16:30 AM »

Hi! I am new here but I read you often, sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

I just wanted to say one thing, Victoria, Daniel and the children were in Sweden when the little princess was born, when the media revealed they were in switzerland they said they would be there for a week, and this was on February 27, then said that Victoria and her family returned to Sweden on March 1, they went back to Sweden for Oscar's birthday.

Victoria and Daniel had events this week, on March 6 Victoria visited the exhibition "Couturens Hemligheter "(Secrets of Couture) at Sven-Harry's Art Museum, Met Wallenberg Academy Fellows Anita Öst at the Wallenberg Foundations and went to Post Davos Nordic Summit, on March 7 she visited the municipality of Sotenäs, the photos of this events are in "Victoria - News & Events 2018". Also on March 7 Daniel visited Katedralskolan and Linnaeus University in Växjö with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial program.

I think the confusion about where the family was is because the media published photos of their stay in Switzerland when they were already at home.

On the other hand the king and queen went to Switzerland on March 4 and they would be there for two weeks, but with the birth of the new little princess they returned to Sweden, so the king and Victoria were not on vacation at the same time, first were Victoria with her family and then the king and queen.

Again, forgive me for my English, I will try to improve! and say that I love this forum Wink

Brilliant!   Star
lizzie78

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2018, 12:26:55 AM »

The new little princess is absolutely beautiful!  I'm personally glad they didnt take a picture leaving the hospital....it just seems like a photo op where the mother feels pressured to be done up more than she probably feels like being, and in the past royal families' photos we haven't even seen the babies' face, so it seems a waste and too much pressure on the new parents to me.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2018, 08:15:28 AM »

Thumb up The new trend of over the top announcements and gender reveals, etc., is so  Dead Dead Dead IMO.

I love how the SRF does baby photos: warm, intimate and normal. Nothing too stylised or over the top.

I agree.  These lovely snaps allow everyone who's interested to get a peek at the new little baby and her siblings.  I think it's very considerate.  We've seen some lovely natural pics of the other children, too.
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »

The new little princess is absolutely beautiful!  I'm personally glad they didnt take a picture leaving the hospital....it just seems like a photo op where the mother feels pressured to be done up more than she probably feels like being, and in the past royal families' photos we haven't even seen the babies' face, so it seems a waste and too much pressure on the new parents to me.

This is how Madeleine looked when they left with their firstborn, Leonore.
How can anyone look so gorgeous after just giving birth  Grin
Makes me want to hate her, nearly, but her engaging and serene smile makes me like her even more Wink

Personally I don't also mind that M&C didn't pose with their newborn baby and instead shared pictures of the baby girl and then another picture of two older siblings welcoming their little sister. Those were sweet and lovely photos, where you could see the wee girls cute face. SRF share the best pictures of the little ones methink.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2018, 10:31:41 AM »

In this picture it was Chris Who looked like he had just given birth!! 😅
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2018, 11:03:22 AM »

This is how Madeleine looked when they left with their firstborn, Leonore.
How can anyone look so gorgeous after just giving birth  Grin
Makes me want to hate her, nearly, but her engaging and serene smile makes me like her even more Wink

Personally I don't also mind that M&C didn't pose with their newborn baby and instead shared pictures of the baby girl and then another picture of two older siblings welcoming their little sister. Those were sweet and lovely photos, where you could see the wee girls cute face. SRF share the best pictures of the little ones methink.

Its the new Mum hormones! The first 24 hours after birth most mums are on a blissful high.... its day 3 that all comes crashing down! And newborns tend to be very sleepy in the first day or two as well, so the sleeplessness hasn’t kicked in either  Snore
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2018, 11:08:08 AM »

Congrats to the family!
She is such a cutie I wish her health and happiness!!
She does looks like Nicolas, I don’t know if My thought has a base, I have never been pregnant, but she is havier and seems to me bigger  than her siblings maybe that’s why Maddie had more back pain with her.
I would love if they honor Victoria, but maybe as a second name, I would love if they name her Johanna, isn’t a Scandinavian name(?) because it’s a great node to the founder of the dinasty (as there are 200 years seens then) and/or maybe one of maddie’s second
names.
I agree with you it was very rude of her to ask him about the push present, in Cyprus we don’t have it as a tradition or something but there are people that are doing it I find a beautiful gesture as long is done privately and for the right reasons.
My maternal grandpa gifted my grandma for each of their children a bracelet, and when it was time for my mother and aunts to married she gave it to each of them as a wedding gift to remember their father as he died in a car accident when all of them were young instead my uncle inherited his watch,and “his” bracelet will go to his daughter upon her wedding.

Yes, babies tend to get bigger with each subsequent pregnancy, plus the pregnancy itself tends to get harder each time..... your muscles are stretched from each previous time, your pelvis has been pulled apart a couple of times, so you definitely feel it more! By number four, I felt he sat right down in my pelvis from very early on! Plus you’re running around after other children, so there is less time to rest, and lifting a toddler whilst pregnant takes a toll on your back as well. So much fun! (Wouldn’t change it for the world  )
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: