Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14/2: F&L visit Almonte, Doņana and Sanlucar de Barrameda.  (Read 4421 times)
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 11:01:34 PM »

They were watching animals and birds.

Donaņa is a natural park, an important wildlife reserve and they went there to commemorate its 50th anniversary as a national park. The dunes and the marshes are part of the landscape of the area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...Do%C3%B1ana_National_Park

King Felipe knows the place well, in 1996 he participated in a television documentary about wildlife in Spain and Doņana was one of the places he visited.

Doņana area is also famous because there is the Palace of Las Marismillas, a residence used by the President of the Government, and that many international leaders have visited ... the last one,  Angela Merkel.

Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 11:44:46 PM »

They were watching animals and birds.

Donaņa is a natural park, an important wildlife reserve and they went there to commemorate its 50th anniversary as a national park. The dunes and the marshes are part of the landscape of the area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...Do%C3%B1ana_National_Park

King Felipe knows the place well, in 1996 he participated in a television documentary about wildlife in Spain and Doņana was one of the places he visited.

Doņana area is also famous because there is the Palace of Las Marismillas, a residence used by the President of the Government, and that many international leaders have visited ... the last one,  Angela Merkel.

Thank you, lula. These photos are interesting. Sadly. they do not remotely resemble the more recent pics posted. A better showcase for the park would have been to  see what they were looking at instead of  their various poses across the dune. A wasted opportunity.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 12:04:42 AM »

As beautiful as the photos are, I cannot understand the need for so many of them in various poses with the same backdrop. The video clip is also more of the same. The cynic in me wonders what the point is. Not a comparison but a reflection: Wills' and Kat's Pakistan tour photos told a story about a beautiful slice of Pakistan. What is this narrative supposed to be of? "Love in the Time of Desert?" The series of photos and especially the video clips are too "try hard".  Thinking

Maybe I'm too much an old-timer, but I always thought that highlighting their own country is the royals' job whereas sightseeing in a foreign country is frivolous. What is the interest to UK by highlighting "a beautiful slice of Pakistan"? Felipe and Letizia was celebrating the 50th anniversary of a national park and an important natural reserve that's under threat of climate change in their own country. That's what royals do...at least in the old time. Same with the idea of highlighting their own country's designers on official visits aboard instead of wearing designers from the visiting country. Kate really turned the idea of royal duties upside down.

P. S. Haven't been here for a while. Not sure why Kate appears in this folder. Is Kate no longer off-limit in other folders?     
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 12:34:11 AM »

As beautiful as the photos are, I cannot understand the need for so many of them in various poses with the same backdrop. The video clip is also more of the same. The cynic in me wonders what the point is. Not a comparison but a reflection: Wills' and Kat's Pakistan tour photos told a story about a beautiful slice of Pakistan. What is this narrative supposed to be of? "Love in the Time of Desert?" The series of photos and especially the video clips are too "try hard".  Thinking

Maybe I'm too much an old-timer, but I always thought that highlighting their own country is the royals' job whereas sightseeing in a foreign country is frivolous. What is the interest to UK by highlighting "a beautiful slice of Pakistan"? Felipe and Letizia was celebrating the 50th anniversary of a national park and an important natural reserve that's under threat of climate change in their own country. That's what royals do...at least in the old time. Same with the idea of highlighting their own country's designers on official visits aboard instead of wearing designers from the visiting country. Kate really turned the idea of royal duties upside down.

P. S. Haven't been here for a while. Not sure why Kate appears in this folder. Is Kate no longer off-limit in other folders?    

If what royals do when they travel through foreign countries is sightseeing rather than practising diplomacy at their government's behest, they should all stay at home. That would certainly help the environment.

The example of Kate and Wills could have been replaced by any royal couple on a recent trip in or out of the country. I could have used Victoria's visits as examples. That might have been less contentious. This is not about Kate. Not going there.

I was perplexed by the first set of photos posted. Lula  Star  , thank you for the 1996  photos - they piqued my interest in finding out more about the Doņana National Park. Isn't that what royal visits should do? Raise awareness? Pique interest? Return heritage to national/international awareness?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:47:49 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2020, 12:36:50 AM »

I'm just in this thread because LaP is and I'm happy.  Star

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2020, 01:48:00 AM »

Source: https://felipeandletizia.tumblr.com/

Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »

As beautiful as the photos are, I cannot understand the need for so many of them in various poses with the same backdrop. The video clip is also more of the same. The cynic in me wonders what the point is. Not a comparison but a reflection: Wills' and Kat's Pakistan tour photos told a story about a beautiful slice of Pakistan. What is this narrative supposed to be of? "Love in the Time of Desert?" The series of photos and especially the video clips are too "try hard".  Thinking

It is maybe 'choreographed spontaneity' and so many press photographers! and the magazines will love it (even although Leti has to tell her husband to put his arm on her  Secret) But ..... they seem to be happy together at the moment  so we must hope it will continue. It is a beautiful location.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »

Hey press photographers - some of us would like to see some shots of the wildlife they were looking at . . .

Good PR for the park too.  Wink

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 09:04:58 PM »

It is maybe 'choreographed spontaneity' and so many press photographers! and the magazines will love it (even although Leti has to tell her husband to put his arm on her  Secret) But ..... they seem to be happy together at the moment  so we must hope it will continue. It is a beautiful location.

When they ain't demonstrative in public, their marriage is on the rock. When they are demonstrative, it's choreographed for the cameras. We knew they're miserable because tabloids told us so.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »

This two are still on honeymoon, almost 16 years later. They are a joy to see Cute

Welcome back LP!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 04:22:05 AM »

Laprincess, it's so good to see you posting again! Jumping Star
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 07:33:55 AM »

Laprincess, good to see you too.  Star
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 12:45:27 PM »

Judiging by how they are dressed they are not really outdoorsy kind of people..,White jeans and white shirt and highheeled leather boots But it seems to be a white jeans kind of park since Merkel was also wearing them
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2020, 07:57:57 AM »

The dress was from Emporio Armani, a little bit more expensive than HB, but looked better on her than the HB version.

https://www.dailymail.co....-visit-national-park.html

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 08:24:28 AM »

Judiging by how they are dressed they are not really outdoorsy kind of people..,White jeans and white shirt and highheeled leather boots But it seems to be a white jeans kind of park since Merkel was also wearing them

I quite like those low heel boots that didn't look chunky on her.

https://www.europapress.e...cadiz-20200214195430.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: