Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Princess Adrienne, Duchess of Blekinge  (Read 44747 times)
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2018, 02:01:11 PM »

A little more tidbit about Blekinge:
Blekinge is the country's second-smallest province by area (3039 km2) and the smallest on the mainland.
Looking at the pictures it looks like real gem by the sea. All those picturesque red&white houses by the water, charming meadows, there's even a golf coast and its own rock festival (this year's line-up includes classics like Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, and Judas Priest, btw).

https://www.visitblekinge.se/en

So cute, in the pics of Blekinge they have a pic of Adrienne!
Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24:21 PM »

Just wondering... Wikipedia lists Bernadotte as the last name of all the children and I guess it is correct. For some reason I've been thinking their last name is O'Neill or O'Neill Bernadotte but I remember reading that actually to be a princess or a prince of Sweden, your last name needs to be Bernadotte as they do not want to change the name of the ruling family/dynasty. This is why Daniel had to take the name Bernadotte as well and has moved his former last name to one of his middle names.

Wiki has sometimes some terrible mistakes (though wiki is my first point of reference often too  )
I do think the surname of the kids is O'Neill Bernadotte though. Wasn't such a statement made when Leo was born? Thinking

Leonore's passport states her name as "Bernadotte O'Neill".  Leo technically has a double surname but since Sweden only recognizes one surname, the Bernadotte is actually considered Leo's middle name.  She is also technically, the first prince/princess of Sweden whose last name is not legally Bernadotte.  At this point though, I don't think it matters what Leo/Nic/Adrienne's last names are.  I struggle to believe that Madeleine and Chris will be returning to Sweden to keep the kids in the line of succession; in two years this may all be a moot point anyway.
Alice

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2018, 02:55:04 PM »

Nicolas's birth certificate is linked on his Wikipedia page and it has only Bernadotte as the surname. Leonore's page cites to the Swedish tax rolls, which apparently list her last name as Bernadotte. I don't speak Swedish, so I can't use the tax search site myself.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »

What a beautiful baby!  Smiley Smiley
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2018, 04:19:10 PM »

Just wondering... Wikipedia lists Bernadotte as the last name of all the children and I guess it is correct. For some reason I've been thinking their last name is O'Neill or O'Neill Bernadotte but I remember reading that actually to be a princess or a prince of Sweden, your last name needs to be Bernadotte as they do not want to change the name of the ruling family/dynasty. This is why Daniel had to take the name Bernadotte as well and has moved his former last name to one of his middle names.

Wiki has sometimes some terrible mistakes (though wiki is my first point of reference often too   )
I do think the surname of the kids is O'Neill Bernadotte though. Wasn't such a statement made when Leo was born? Thinking

Leonore's passport states her name as "Bernadotte O'Neill".  Leo technically has a double surname but since Sweden only recognizes one surname, the Bernadotte is actually considered Leo's middle name.  She is also technically, the first prince/princess of Sweden whose last name is not legally Bernadotte.  At this point though, I don't think it matters what Leo/Nic/Adrienne's last names are.  I struggle to believe that Madeleine and Chris will be returning to Sweden to keep the kids in the line of succession; in two years this may all be a moot point anyway.

It is now possible to have a double surname, the law has been changed. You can also change one of your middle names (which is different than given names) to be part of your new double name.

I don't know if you can actually see other people's listings on the tax site so I don't know if it is possible to see whether the kids are registered with a surname or not. I think they technically do not have one but for practical purposes they do.

These articles seem to say all others have an asterisk where the surname would be in other words they don't have a last name. Daniel is an exception to the rule, he is actually registered as having Bernadotte as his surname. The reason for this was said to be because he already had a surname and it could not be changed into an asterisk in the database. Strangely enough though, Sofia does have an asterisk even though she also had a surname of her own. I wish I knew why. I don't know if it's the same for the O'Neill Bernadotte kids. Madeleine did not take Chris's name when she married so she still does not have a surname.

http://spraktidningen.se/...le-i-strid-med-svensk-lag
http://bloggar.aftonblade...har-kungen-ett-efternamn/

Edit: This article claims both Sofia and Carl Philip have chosen to have the same surname Bernadotte and are applying for a name change in the registry. Weird. https://www.expressen.se/...ter-namn-till-bernadotte/

I have no intention to hijack this thread for an off-topic so I promise this will be my last post on the topic and will get back to Princess Adrienne, the actual topic!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:37:39 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2018, 04:31:56 PM »

Nicolas's birth certificate is linked on his Wikipedia page and it has only Bernadotte as the surname. Leonore's page cites to the Swedish tax rolls, which apparently list her last name as Bernadotte. I don't speak Swedish, so I can't use the tax search site myself.

Perhaps the difference lies with Leo being born in the States?  I'm not sure but here is the photo of her passport that was uploaded at the time of her first travel back to Sweden.

masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »

Te-Deum Service for Princess Adrienne Josephine Alice

On March 12, 2018, Monday, in connection with the birth of Princess Adrienne Josephine Alice, a Te Deum thanksgiving service was held at the Royal Palace Chapel in Stockholm. King Gustaf , Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia, Christopher O'Neill and representatives of official Sweden and the staff of the Royal Court attended the hanksgiving service.

https://www.facebook.com/...album_id=2059586820718922
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2018, 11:45:52 PM »

Cute name and beautiful baby 

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2018, 12:46:18 AM »

Congratulations to the entire family on the beautiful addition of Princess Adrienne.   

Lollie

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2018, 05:41:22 PM »

Adrienne... Oh God. What is it with the french names ? Is it because the founder of their dynasty was a french soldier ?

I had a great-aunt born in the 1910's called Adrienne... Old-fashioned af.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »

I'm with the posters who can't get Rocky out of their head.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2018, 02:57:05 AM »

I love her name and have heard it pronounced both in the English and French way.  Both are beautiful.  Everybody I have known with this name has been a lovely soul.
LenaT

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2018, 12:58:32 PM »

https://www.instagram.com.../?tagged=princessadrienne

Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2018, 07:41:49 AM »

Madeleine posted this on instagram this morning

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2018, 07:49:38 AM »

Madeleine posted this on instagram this morning

Aw, so precious! I love how Madde shares photos, it's very sweet.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: