Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DRF attends Dinner in honour of the Armed Forces  (Read 7847 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 08:26:40 AM »

Henrik died a month ago. If Fred looks rough then it is because he is grieving.i certainly wouldn't have wanted to attend a gala event a month after my Dad died.

As for Mary she could have opted for something much more sombre and in keeping with the official mourning period.

Itís Fredís job to turn up to work sober regardless of his personal grief (and as marriage)...
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »

Henrik died a month ago. If Fred looks rough then it is because he is grieving.i certainly wouldn't have wanted to attend a gala event a month after my Dad died.

As for Mary she could have opted for something much more sombre and in keeping with the official mourning period.

Itís Fredís job to turn up to work sober regardless of his personal grief (and as marriage)...

Is he drunk here?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 12:21:32 PM »

I donít blame Frederik for not looking his best. His dad died recently. I canít say if heís been drinking here or not but he looks really bad. I hope he, and the rest of his family, get help with their mourning if they need it.

As for Mares, she just looks like her usual mess. Nothing new there. As sheís not the one who recently lost a parent, I donít expect her to look as broken as her husband - though, she obviously knows what heís going through. I hope sheís a better support and help for her husband and kids than we give her credit for.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »

I donít blame Frederik for not looking his best. His dad died recently. I canít say if heís been drinking here or not but he looks really bad. I hope he, and the rest of his family, get help with their mourning if they need it.

As for Mares, she just looks like her usual mess. Nothing new there. As sheís not the one who recently lost a parent, I donít expect her to look as broken as her husband - though, she obviously knows what heís going through. I hope sheís a better support and help for her husband and kids than we give her credit.

ITA. Fred may be many things but if he is struggling to deal with his grief then he needs support, not ridicule and judgement IMO.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 02:44:04 PM »

I always give Fred a bit of a pass because he has to live with Mary. I think despite all his bitching about his childhood the death of a father has such a strong impact on a son. Maybe he has a lot of regrets?
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 03:19:04 PM »

As for Mares, she just looks like her usual mess. Nothing new there. As sheís not the one who recently lost a parent, I donít expect her to look as broken as her husband - though, she obviously knows what heís going through. I hope sheís a better support and help for her husband and kids than we give her credit.

ITA. Fred may be many things but if he is struggling to deal with his grief then he needs support, not ridicule and judgement IMO.
I agree.   Star
caroline

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 12:02:49 AM »

Mary is not mourning, she is one step from the Crown and she is celebrating/salivating! She has had to keep a low profile for a while during mourning period and it's killing her. Hence the blue garsly totally inappropriate "sexy dress". Didn't a certain Duchess wear blue instead of black at the Bafta last month?
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 01:37:01 AM »

IMO, Mary definitely had work done on her face during mourning.

I also think F&M were not and have not been in close proximity to each other.
Seemed like they got ready in different spaces and just rode in together. 
GoodGollyMissMolly

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 02:06:43 AM »

When my grandmother died, the first few weeks were a blur and very numb because we were always surrounded by extended family, friends, and mourners. It wasnít until about month later when life began to return to normal did the grief actually hit and start to become unbearable.

I fear that is what is happening here.
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »

Mary is not mourning, she is one step from the Crown and she is celebrating/salivating! She has had to keep a low profile for a while during mourning period and it's killing her. Hence the blue garsly totally inappropriate "sexy dress". Didn't a certain Duchess wear blue instead of black at the Bafta last month?

True, she hasn't been on the front covers for a few weeks and it's been annoying her, hence the new sexy dress which she knows will get her the attention she craves ....disgusting Imo.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 11:26:28 AM »

If he isn't up to the job, he should pass it to his competent sibling. I have no truck with Fred's approach, his incompetence, his laziness. Everyone loses their parents eventually and he should take personal leave if he isn't up to attending a function.
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »

If he isn't up to the job, he should pass it to his competent sibling. I have no truck with Fred's approach, his incompetence, his laziness. Everyone loses their parents eventually and he should take personal leave if he isn't up to attending a function.

I agree totally, Hester. It's not like suddenly, after his father's death, he's fallen apart. No, he's been like this for years. And Mary is a monster of his own creation, so he doesn't get a pass on that account either. Besides, no one can be more heartbroken than Marge, and she manages to show up looking sober.

Mary's dress and demeanor shows she has no class, wearing a one-shoulder lace dress is her usual lookerme game. Neither one of them is fit for the position they're in IMO.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 10:22:18 PM »

Fred has been a mess for years. I tend to think he's been wishing to walk away from it all at times, but I don't think he's been allowed to. Now too much would have to be changed if he did. For this I pity him and side-eye Margrethe.. that being said: he's an adult, he's got acces to the best of help and he lives a life where he could pretty much get the lightest schedule to fit his .. state of mind which many people with mental and/or other problems cannot. Instead he does next to nothing with his position, lets his wife get away with the same and seemingly doesn't prioritze his children very highly so it can be hard to feel genuinely sorry for him.
I think Henrik passing away has been a big thing for Frederik. Obviously. I lost my father quite young myself - it was horrible. I still miss him and wasn't able to do anything but grief for a long time after he passed away. Fred is almost 50 though and Henrik was old and ill. I feel his pre-condition has probably caused him to take it extra hard, especially since I don't think he was in a healthy state of mind before Henrik passed away. So I am bit in two minds here. One the one side I think Fred is probably in full on grief and with an added layer of emotional turmoil. On the other hand I think he's a 50 year old man who should have been prepared to loose his father and be able to move on with the knowlegde that his father lived a good and long life. Him looking once again off - because he does far too often look like this at official events - is just another time where he's not up to the job.

Mary parading like she's the shizzle doesn't help one bit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: