Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commonwealth Day 2018  (Read 20841 times)
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 05:36:59 PM »

Keen!
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »

Some more, Sophie looks beautiful and Kate looks very good. IMO the best dressed are the queen in that lovely burgundy color and the elegant Sophie.

genegal43

Medium Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 05:49:25 PM »

I love that maroon on the Queen!  She's just rocking it!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Todayonly

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 05:50:17 PM »

Some more, Sophie looks beautiful and Kate looks very good. IMO the best dressed are the queen in that lovely burgundy color and the elegant Sophie.

I agree, I think Sophie looks fantastic.  I like the length of her coat.  Queen looks great also.
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 05:59:17 PM »

The Queen looks beautiful. She and Pantone are the experts in colour matching systems.

I get the idea of Meg’s outfit - and I like the intention. The beret is nice and gives me a B. Borromeo vibe. The coat seems crinkled and the trimmings under the collar and around the waist look cheap. But altogether it is an appropriate outfit for the occasion. 

Sophie as always poised and beaming. I think, except for Andrew’s crumpled look, they give a pleasant appearance, considered individually  and as a group.

Thank you, Noodles! As for the prompt picture supply I can only second this fellow disher:

Star to you friend,always super quick in giving us news and pics!!!!!!
Star

Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 06:06:09 PM »

The Queen looks beautiful. She and Pantone are the experts in colour matching systems.

I get the idea of Meg’s outfit - and I like the intention. The beret is nice and gives me a B. Borromeo vibe. The coat seems crinkled and the trimmings under the collar and around the waist look cheap. But altogether it is an appropriate outfit for the occasion. 

Sophie as always poised and beaming. I think, except for Andrew’s crumpled look, they give a pleasant appearance, considered individually  and as a group.

Thank you, Noodles! As for the prompt picture supply I can only second this fellow disher:

Star to you friend,always super quick in giving us news and pics!!!!!!
Star

Pleasure guys

Keen!
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »

Sophie is just pure class IMO.  Was Edward not there?

The Queen looks very well! Burgundy is a nice color on her.

Meghan looks great too. I like this coat a lot and I remember when I saw it a couple of months ago I thought it would look nice on Meghan. I like her whole outfit, but I think her recent weight loss has done her no favors in terms of having the best fit for clothes. But she is truly beautiful and her and Harry stand out together.

Kate looks good. This is one of my favorite maternity coatdresses for her, but I HATE this style hat on her. I much preferred how she styled herself when she wore this when pregnant with Charlotte.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:45:48 PM by wisdomheaven » Logged
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 06:12:45 PM »

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:24:22 PM by Coya » Logged

Ktc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 06:21:48 PM »

Coya, that is how the coat is styled on the site of the designer. There is a picture of the coat with the collar properly flattened and I find it more feminine than this way.
https://www.amandawakeley...t-cream-1630801-front.jpg
All in all, Meghan is better dressed than in any previous engagement, but there is still a long way to go.

That’s what I meant, why ruin the style? That coat was designed to wear with the collar flattened and I understand sometimes you want to change things and give some personal touch like Caroline Herrera does with her blouses but don’t do it if will show the fabric underneath and stitches, especially at an official event.

PS I saw the model picture with the collar up but also the felt color is cream like the rest of the coat which made it less noticeable, not white like Meghan’s. Of course this is JMHO

Thank you for explaining this. I was so confused about what in the HECK was going on with her collar.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »

The way Kate is carrying [i know, old wives tale don't equal a science], i am going with another boy for her.
sal89

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »

The navy color coordinating is so, so, so boring. These people are so boring! I'm not sure if I'm in a particularly snarky mood today or what, but goodness. This family is dull, tedious, insipid, and unimaginative.

Bleh.
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 06:49:26 PM »

Some of the BRF females wore combinations of navy, white and cream. Others didn't. The Queen for instance wore purple. Princess Alexandra was in grey blue. I don't think the Duchess of Gloucester was in navy and white either.
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 06:56:49 PM »

I guess they mostly wore navy blue as a reverence to the Commonwealth flag? Usually they coordinate the colours of the dresses to be different especially to ensure that no one is dressed in the same colour as the Queen.

IMO navy blue is an elegant shade and they don't look uniformed since every outfit has its distinctive features. The main intent is always to make the Queen stand out. And this is what is happening today.

Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 07:01:08 PM »

Sofie for the fashion win! She looks fantastic  Thumb up Kate and Meghan both look ok but I really dislike Meghan’s hat. It reminds me of Marges teletubby hat.

Andrew is just gross. I feel sorry for Meghan having to sit next to that nasty old pervert.
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 07:12:18 PM »

I like Meghans style. Simple and smart. Sophie is pure class.  Champagne  She should offer consulting for the younger generation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: