Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 182076 times)
sj007

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »

I am interested in Jensen's (2001) book, Juvelerne i det danske kongehus.
How extensive is the coverage on the royal jewels?
What is 317,00 DKK in dollars?
I once saw it on Ebay but didn't think anything of it.

Royal Me,

You might like this website (blog):  Halfway down the page Mr. Jensen, the book's author, posts an extensive comment about his book, his book tour and his own website is listed.  It's a very nice post written by him.

http://royal-jewels2.blogspot.com/

"...When I asked Her Majesty to allow me to use pictures she said yes. When I asked to have some pictures taken, she also said yes, and I could fetch some of her jewels at the Lord Chamberlain's Office. I did - she had wrapped the jewelry requested in paper and put it in a box. My photographer and I went to one of the Amalienborg Palais where I also wanted a painting to be photographed. After around six hours I brought the box back and said thank you for borrowing this!

I don't know what Queen Margrethe said to my book but Princess Benedikte told me that she had bought many copies and that she gave one to Queen Silvia as a Christmas present  Smiley. Other royal persons have told me that they find my book well done and most interesting..."

The Queens exchange gifts! Very nice to know! Thumb up

He also writes: "I am working on having a new edition of my book with new pictures published in English by an Australian publisher. I hope it will be possible. It will not be a translation but a book with Crown Princess Mary as a principal character - to use the Mary effect." 

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 11:50:05 PM »

Thanks, sj007.

I've seen the blog.
I've even email Jensen about an English version of his book!
No response from him.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »

Next time you email Mr. Jensen you could politely ask him to forget about Mary (effect or not) and her anal beads and concentrate on the jewels and I will myself get a copy. (Ask him to do a paperback version too, thank you.....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
boneofcontention

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 04:37:49 AM »

What really stands out for me is that Mary never seemed to sport jewellery in her pre-Fred Sydney photos but she now often wears three or maybe even a combo of four pieces at once -earrings, ring, bracelet, necklace ( not a look I like - I think one piece at a time ,two max).She didnt even seem to wear cheap jewellery then, just nothing, very bare.

Engagement ring is a bit modest but overall she wears a nice variety of real stuff and costume - which makes her look a bit more trendy.

I like her tendency to wear long earrings and I find it unusual that she wears little square studs always turned horizontal rather than vertical as they are usually worn - eg her diamond ones and the blue and purple sets too.
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 04:47:00 AM »

I really dislike those rectangular studs, I always want to turn them on her ear.

Piper

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 11:57:51 PM »

That's why she's into Dulong and Shamballa or whatever crap, because she knows she has to fill her coffers herself, she's only getting the crappy leftovers Daisy doesn't want anymore.  That bracelet from Daisy is just fugly and looks like a young girl should get it, not a massive man-handed muscled CP like Mary.

Laughing    Indeed Patricia!!  I noticed she's been on a buying binge lately, especially rings and bracelets. She's probably trying to keep up with her {fellow cp} royal neighbors who seem to have full coffers of their own.
patricia07

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 07:00:15 PM »

She had no style before and she has none now, even with all the Danish jewelers at her disposal - she buys what's on trend regardless of how it looks on her.  Some of her jewelry looks very boring.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:06:12 PM by patricia07 » Logged
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:10:45 PM »

...and cheap

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

patricia07

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 07:13:55 PM »

That's the problem with having no taste, anything you buy will look cheap no matter how much it costs, whereas a stylish person can look like a million bucks with non-designer clothes.
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »

That's the problem with having no taste, anything you buy will look cheap no matter how much it costs, whereas a stylish person can look like a million bucks with non-designer clothes.
I tottaly agree  Yes

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »

I really dislike those rectangular studs, I always want to turn them on her ear.
It seems Dulong...

There is a picture of it with the price here http://webshop.mariannedu...?cPath=21&language=en

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 02:01:21 PM »

ANd what a design is that? Rectangular gems in a stud? Whats next? Round studs, no no no no, a revolution.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »

Perhaps Mary is trying to keep the WalMart Jewelry department in business
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 08:51:15 PM »

I have already commented on her engagement ring on another thread: while I think it is quite a nice ring, it is certainly nothing to wet your pants about. So when I read that they went to Brazil to an aclaimed international jewellery designer I was flabbergasted:
Am I expecting too much from a designer (which would be a tad more than I could come with) then a three stone ring with the colours of the Dannebrog?
Well i hope most of the money went into the stones, because lets face it the design is not a revelation.

Mary's life motto:
Selene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 04:59:22 PM »

It seems Dulong...

There is a picture of it with the price here http://webshop.mariannedu...?cPath=21&language=en

I totally agree with u about the rectangular studs turned sideways. Maybe she has short ear lobs but then why does she not get circular studs? None of the jewelery by Dulong is expensive  - it is quite affordable. By the way she appears to be also using the rings featured at the same website. You know those 3 rings she stacked together. Not very elegant rings.  I have seen much much pretier ones. It appears Maxima has the Pomelato (spel?) stackables and the appear more elegant to me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: