Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 186923 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: February 11, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »

She looked so much better back then.  Still sour-faced and b*tchy, but better.

Also I love that brooch.  Very Art Nouveau. Shame she hasn't repeated it. 

Agree about brooch. But those aren't Mary's REAL lips! She was filling something even in the early days!
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: February 11, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

This is the only one of the brooches I actually really like. It's really pretty but not overly flashy. Which is probably why we never see it. Also, the shade of green she's wearing is really very beautiful.

Mosh, herself, looks younger, less artificial but still bitchy and fake. And it's mainly a fakeness coming from inside.

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: February 11, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »

Agree about brooch. But those aren't Mary's REAL lips! She was filling something even in the early days!

Oh, I know!  But at least she still looked relatively natural.
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: February 12, 2017, 03:12:40 AM »

Oh, I know!  But at least she still looked relatively natural.

Yes, you get a glimpse of the "natural" Aussie girl Fred (allegedly) fell for!
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: May 11, 2017, 10:45:31 PM »

Another auction purchase for Mares?:

Link to Bruun Rasmussen website:

http://www.bruun-rasmusse...=300883260&tg=classic

Link to catalog pages 254-255 (pages 52-53 for separate catalog)

https://bruun-rasmussen.d...logues/869/869-011216.pdf

A pair of diamond ear pendants each set with numerous brilliant-cut diamonds weighing a total of app. 9.50 ct., mounted in 18k white gold. Colour: Top Wesselton-Wesselton (F-H). Clarity: SI-P1. L. 6.2 cm. Circa 2010. (2)

Sold for 40,000 kr.

ETA:

Detail of earring top

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:25:05 PM by Kittycat_dish » Logged
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: May 12, 2017, 12:24:37 AM »

Several sapphire and diamond rings were also offered in auction 869.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to find a good photo of Mosh's ring:

Perhaps the ring came from the same December 2016 auction.

??
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 01:00:31 AM by Kittycat_dish » Logged
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: May 12, 2017, 12:36:33 AM »

You know she was bound to go for a Big Blue. No surprise there  Roll Eyes
OrangeOrchids

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: May 12, 2017, 12:46:18 AM »

I have to give it Mary for buy beautiful jewelry via aucyions houses with a decent price. For all her faults she never lets me down on that part. No overprice Kiki McDonalds Claire copy jewels on this furture queen.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: May 12, 2017, 12:58:18 AM »

I have to give it Mary for buy beautiful jewelry via aucyions houses with a decent price. For all her faults she never lets me down on that part. No overprice Kiki McDonalds Claire copy jewels on this furture queen.

well, tell that to the damned Danish taxpayers, who pay for her bling. This is utterly ridiculous!!!! Real mad Just because she does not get access to Daisy's jewelry, and wants to keep up with her peers who either own those pieces or are allowed to borrow it, she spends money on shit like that.

And you know it's about her ego, nothing else.

She hailes herself as the world's personal saviour, then show it. How many charities could have benefited from this amount of money.

Mary is offensive and vile!

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: May 14, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »

Mary hardly wears the jewels given to her by Fred, Henrik, or QMII.

The aquamarine earrings from Fred would have gone nicely with her new Erdem -Kate- dress.

But Mary needed new earrings and Big Blue to complete her Kate transformation.

Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: May 14, 2017, 07:52:34 PM »

The ring is gorgeous, although the sapphire looks a bit washed out in the auction pics, Diana's has a much deeper color.
But the setting is all in all nicer than Diana's, just because not all of the surrounding diamonds are brilliant cutted.

Then again, I cannot understand why Mares went for exactly this style, oval big blue surrounded by small diamonds.

I would have opted for a square or emerald cut one. Or for a setting in rose gold - just something to set my own footmark, to distinguish MY RING from the world's best known sapphire.

But that's Mares, and the ring should be posted in the "Mary's obsession with the BRF"-thread.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: May 14, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »

The ring is gorgeous, although the sapphire looks a bit washed out in the auction pics, Diana's has a much deeper color.
But the setting is all in all nicer than Diana's, just because not all of the surrounding diamonds are brilliant cutted.

Then again, I cannot understand why Mares went for exactly this style, oval big blue surrounded by small diamonds.

I would have opted for a square or emerald cut one. Or for a setting in rose gold - just something to set my own footmark, to distinguish MY RING from the world's best known sapphire.

But that's Mares, and the ring should be posted in the "Mary's obsession with the BRF"-thread.

Agree. And the earrings should belong to a thread about "Mary's obsession with Queen Letizia" thread.  Whistle  She has been copying Letizia a lot more lately. I guess she's obsessed with whichever royal that is in the news.   
Hermione

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: May 14, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »

Thank you so much for finding this auction. I think this new hobby of hers is hilarious. A tiara, two pairs of earrings to go with the tiara, and another pair of earrings and a copy of Big Blue so far. She totally missed out on investing in good jewelry in her ten years as CP. Instead, she bought tons of Prada and who know what.

In the jewelry department she really lags behind her peers, as PeDe said. In particular Maxima has tons of jewelry to chose from. Also, other queens and mothers in law seem much more generous toward their DIL's in terms of lending jewelry - poor Mares (can't blame Daisy though).

All Mares got is Marianne Dulong and maybe a few pieces of Lyngaard. And since she's not getting any jewelry from Fred - understandably, she never wears what he's given her - she's taking it in her own hands but she needs to go to auctions because she still needs to fit it into her budget.

Mares buying jewelry for herself via auctions is pathetic.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: May 14, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »

Honestly, her buying jewellery at auctions is the most thrifty thing she ever did ....
Hermione

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: May 14, 2017, 08:58:16 PM »

That's true, but I think it's still pathetic for someone in her position. And so embarrassing. She's been busted.

I don't have a problem with auctions. Didn't the Norwegians buy MM's wedding tiara at an auction for her? No problem with that, they bought if for her. But Mares is buying it for herself.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: