Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 178608 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:15 PM »

She spent almost as much money in over a decade on Dulong and Lyngaard pieces that look like costume-jewelry. Now she finally decides she needs some more regal pieces. Since Fred's not buying, she has to go to auctions. Other royal wives all get gifts from their husband or in laws. She doesn't.

The pathetic part is that Aussie press is citing these new jewelry as a sign of her imminent ascension to the throne. No, it's a sign that she's no where near the royal vault. Marge is not passing on the key any time soon and she knows it. That's the reason why she's going to auctions.  
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: May 14, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »

Thank you so much for finding this auction. I think this new hobby of hers is hilarious. A tiara, two pairs of earrings to go with the tiara, and another pair of earrings and a copy of Big Blue so far. She totally missed out on investing in good jewelry in her ten years as CP. Instead, she bought tons of Prada and who know what.

In the jewelry department she really lags behind her peers, as PeDe said. In particular Maxima has tons of jewelry to chose from. Also, other queens and mothers in law seem much more generous toward their DIL's in terms of lending jewelry - poor Mares (can't blame Daisy though).

All Mares got is Marianne Dulong and maybe a few pieces of Lyngaard. And since she's not getting any jewelry from Fred - understandably, she never wears what he's given her - she's taking it in her own hands but she needs to go to auctions because she still needs to fit it into her budget.

Mares buying jewelry for herself via auctions is pathetic.

I wonder what she thinks when she sees Sofia of Sweden, who has such litthe accomplishment compared to Mary Icon of Everything parading around with the proverbial key to the Swedish tiara vault around her neck.

Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: May 14, 2017, 09:15:31 PM »

The ring is gorgeous, although the sapphire looks a bit washed out in the auction pics, Diana's has a much deeper color.
But the setting is all in all nicer than Diana's, just because not all of the surrounding diamonds are brilliant cutted.

Then again, I cannot understand why Mares went for exactly this style, oval big blue surrounded by small diamonds.

I would have opted for a square or emerald cut one. Or for a setting in rose gold - just something to set my own footmark, to distinguish MY RING from the world's best known sapphire.

But that's Mares, and the ring should be posted in the "Mary's obsession with the BRF"-thread.

If this is indeed the ring, the description reads, "a sapphire and diamond ring set with an oval-cut unheated sapphire encircled by numerous brilliant and trapeze-cut diamonds."

I'm not sure if the unheated aspect has anything to do with the color.
Aubiette

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: May 14, 2017, 09:31:40 PM »

I don't like the ring but I'm just not a fan of huge rings. It looks gaudy to me. I do like the earrings though.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Emerald for May

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: May 14, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »

She spent almost as much money in over a decade on Dulong and Lyngaard pieces that look like costume-jewelry. Now she finally decides she needs some more regal pieces. Since Fred's not buying, she has to go to auctions. Other royal wives all get gifts from their husband or in laws. She doesn't.

The pathetic part is that Aussie press is citing these new jewelry as a sign of her imminent ascension to the throne. No, it's a sign that she's no where near the royal vault. Marge is not passing on the key any time soon and she knows it. That's the reason why she's going to auctions.  

Good post

Fred not gifting her another tiara is a clear proof of them not having the sugar-coated fairytale marriage the media describe since Day 1.
Even Mette-Marit got to wear more family tiaras and jewels than Mosh.

And I totally agree with Daisy not abdicating (or heaven forbid, passing away) anytime soon and hence not loaning her more jewels. That's why she had to buy herself a new tiara instead of patiently waiting. She knows her wait can be very long....

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: May 14, 2017, 09:42:37 PM »

Yes it does. Heating the stone is an ancient method to enhance the color so it appear even more blue. As blue is the most desired (apart from some fancy and rare colors) and is at the most precious the bluer (with secondary color purplish) it is, enhancement thru heat is extremely popular. Unheated stones are therefore even more precious and usually come with an extra certificate.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: May 14, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »

In my un-royal mind, it has less to do with what jewelry Mary has and/or wears that would make her more likeable.

I had hoped that she was truly the commoner-turned-princess girl from Aus and didn't need all the artificial glamour.

I had hoped that she would break the fairy-tale princess nonsense.

I had hoped that she would work hard every day (at the UNICEF center, at a soup kitchen, etc.).

It didn't happen.  In fact, she's really over the top in spending and sense of entitlement.

Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: May 15, 2017, 01:40:40 AM »

Yes it does. Heating the stone is an ancient method to enhance the color so it appear even more blue. As blue is the most desired (apart from some fancy and rare colors) and is at the most precious the bluer (with secondary color purplish) it is, enhancement thru heat is extremely popular. Unheated stones are therefore even more precious and usually come with an extra certificate.

Thanks Fairy  Star  Thumb up
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: May 16, 2017, 02:19:01 PM »

i think the  earrings are a right royal bargain..just the prize of 6bor 7 pairs of gianvito Rossi shoes😋 And according to this blog she has atleast 32 pairs...
http://princessesblog76.b....no/p/le-dressing-de.html
Better spend it on jewellery than another pair of black pumps...
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: May 16, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »

Holy fu..! Her collection is beyond obcene and vulgar. How can anyone support this? How does she sleep at at night? This can never be justified  Ranting
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: May 23, 2017, 02:16:20 AM »

The earrings look like this pair from Marianne Dulong. Luna with pearl drops:

Cost is around 4,500 USD without the pearls.

https://dulongfinejewelry...-k-med-34-pave-brill.html

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: