Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 225880 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: January 08, 2019, 03:52:18 AM »

Look what I found

SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: January 10, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »

Look what I found

I really like the look on the left, I think Mary did look beautiful that day. I can see why the tiara was altered to hide the metal band, but it's latest form just looks too... Glitzy and too much for me. Not a regal look at all, more "look at me in my jewels" rather than acknowledging the history of the tiara.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: January 10, 2019, 03:46:10 PM »

Itís an absolute crime how they ruined that tiara. The leaves and berries thing is completely gone now. It used to be so pretty.

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: January 10, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »

She ruined a 200-years old historic tiara to suit her own tacky tastes.
I shudder thinking about what she's going to do with Daisy's jewels once she is Queen... Yikes Yikes Yikes

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: January 10, 2019, 04:01:30 PM »

The new design took all the naturalistic "life" out of it Thumb down
VanillaMoomin

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: January 11, 2019, 12:36:39 AM »

Itís an absolute crime how they ruined that tiara. The leaves and berries thing is completely gone now. It used to be so pretty.

I 100% agree with you, it was exquisite and now itís just a straggly heap of sparkle. I love botanical jewels like her original tiara! I wonder if itís fixable?
anastasia beaverhausen

Big Member

United States United States

The cat on the left has been given Miracle Gro.

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: January 11, 2019, 01:09:26 AM »

I 100% agree with you, it was exquisite and now itís just a straggly heap of sparkle. I love botanical jewels like her original tiara! I wonder if itís fixable?

Iím sure it is. Pieces like that are made to be reworked.

Probably not too the extent madame has done, but still....
Seagull

Micro Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: January 11, 2019, 10:28:48 AM »

May I ask if anybody really seen the original tiara? Is there any historical pictures of it available? I remember reading on this board some years ago that Queen Ingrid also made some alterations to the parure.

ďIn the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.Ē
Buddha
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »

May I ask if anybody really seen the original tiara? Is there any historical pictures of it available? I remember reading on this board some years ago that Queen Ingrid also made some alterations to the parure.

I think there’s pictures of it somewhere on the board. It was quite a lot smaller and more leaves (and berries?) were added to make it more substansial lookinh. It was beautiful then as well.

ETA: I can’t seem to attach a picture but google Ruby parure tiara, and you’ll get pictures

Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: January 11, 2019, 11:50:25 AM »

Look what I found

Off topic, but am shocked at how much she has aged in the last 14 years.

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: January 11, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »

The historic value of the Ruby Parure goes back Napoleon ... Now it's a crafts project.

I suppose after Ingrid, a great-great-great-granddaughter of the set's original owner, took the sparse bandeau and transformed it into a full, imposing wreath tiara and made other alterations and additions to the parure during her lifetime, Mary felt it was fair game to do whatever she wanted with the Parure.   

So not true.  Mary had not even been Crown Princess for a decade before she wiped out her wire cutters and glue guns.
Princess MS

Warned
Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: January 11, 2019, 01:49:27 PM »

Look what I found

Off topic, but am shocked at how much she has aged in the last 14 years.

The difference between early 30's and late 40's is huge in terms of looks - and 4 children too - and add the punishing sun in Australia in the first 3 decades and the effect on skin . . . I would presume being in Denmark would help to some extent . . .  but the dieting - just look at those in the same space in UK, Spain, Jordan, Monaco etc  . . . they do not do themselves any benefit going down that path. If you want to see "old before time" just come to Sydney - no idea about sun, and poor diet and too many parties - not everyone of course but too many - I was asked could I recommend a tanning salon with a "machine" this week by a "visitor" - these were banned a decade ago - go to Bondi beach and see the girls in micro bikinis who won't be able to sit down for a week . . .  
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: January 11, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »

Left how she got it (still asymmetrical, after Ingrids alterations), right what she made of it (streamlined).

How it once started - Alexandrine of Sweden wearing the two former hair ornaments of Desirťe combined to a bandeau style tiara:
thecrownjewelthief

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: January 11, 2019, 03:49:08 PM »

Left how she got it (still asymmetrical, after Ingrids alterations), right what she made of it (streamlined).

How it once started - Alexandrine of Sweden wearing the two former hair ornaments of Desirťe combined to a bandeau style tiara:

Thanks for the comparison! I've always liked this tiara and I understand wanting to cover the base since it did show a bit, but it definitely lost something moving the leaves and berries so close together. They aren't really discernible anymore, which made the tiara more delicate and unique.
anastasia beaverhausen

Big Member

The cat on the left has been given Miracle Gro.

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: January 11, 2019, 03:53:05 PM »

Thanks for the comparison! I've always liked this tiara and I understand wanting to cover the base since it did show a bit, but it definitely lost something moving the leaves and berries so close together. They aren't really discernible anymore, which made the tiara more delicate and unique.

I agree.  It was once delicate and evocative of nature.

Now itís a melee of diamonds with some rubies thrown in.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: