Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 279716 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: August 26, 2014, 09:14:54 AM »

I actually think it's a very cute bracelet. You can tell that it's from a different era and it has a certain charm, IMO. It was also a nice gesture with a personal gift and with those beads on the dress, a lot of bling might have looked over the top - especially for a not yet CP. But Mosh is not one to value subtlety, only BIG AND SHOWY BLING counts.

It could have looked understated and elegant but Mary can't do that. If she tries understated, it comes off as plain. Because she is very plain.

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »

I think its also telling that she brought NO family jewellery into the marriage. Not even a string of pearls or a gold chain.
I come from peasant stock but there is some of granny's jewellery that wouldn't be out of place at a an event like this. I can't believe between two sisters and being her granny's favourite there was nothing for Mary to use?
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: August 26, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »

I haven't thought about it like that before, but you raise a good point. My guess is that it's got to do with Mary not wanting to acknowledge her past (which is a very odd trait in her since she also seems desperate to market herself as Aussie).

Every once in a while I wear the Georg Jensen Daisy earrings that are heirlooms from my late grandmother. It feels special every time I wear them with my (new but still matching) Daisy necklace because then she's with me, somehow. I doubt anyone expects a normal girl to have family tiaras but surely there must be small, private family jewelry that she loves and wears for that reason alone.

I will never understand the way she dismisses her family history. The main reason why the Bogansons are such a fail is because they're constantly trying to not be who they really are.

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: August 26, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »

I remember when Mary wore the parure set pre-wedding there was a lot of criticism on MBs with many posters pointing out, rightfully so, that it was reserved for Fred's wife so she should have worn something else.

so true!

But after the hissy-fit she threw at the pre-pre wedding reception they probably caved and let her wear it.

Mary seemed to be under the impression that Margrethe was going to be generous like Beatrix was to Maxima.  Laughing

very true!

But that shows Yrma's real character. Daisy gave her a personal present

but I guess it was not a good enough gift, or even statement piece. Yrma wears the ring as well, from time to time.
Good eye PeDe. I'd not realized that was a personal gift from Daisy.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: August 26, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »

I think its also telling that she brought NO family jewellery into the marriage. Not even a string of pearls or a gold chain.
I come from peasant stock but there is some of granny's jewellery that wouldn't be out of place at a an event like this. I can't believe between two sisters and being her granny's favourite there was nothing for Mary to use?

My family didn't really do jewellery.  However, I have necklaces and earrings that were gifts to me for birthdays, graduations etc that would be perfectly fine as day jewellery.  To not wear these pieces occasionally would be strange to me, even if I were married into a family that owned and could buy much more impressive necklaces - they are gifts, they are sentimental.  It is odd that Mary has nothing like this whatsoever.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: August 27, 2014, 01:45:15 AM »

It could be that if she did have some family jewelry, she left them with her sisters as mementos of her. I think that would be a nice touch.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: August 27, 2014, 06:05:12 AM »

It could be that if she did have some family jewelry, she left them with her sisters as mementos of her. I think that would be a nice touch.

Come on bumbershoot, that would mean Mary had an unselfish bone in her body  Laughing

Do you see the incredible bitch face she is making in those pics, she isn't unselfish enough to do that even for her sisters-if she had anything of value to take she would have done so, IMO
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #682 on: August 27, 2014, 06:27:17 AM »

Come on bumbershoot, that would mean Mary had an unselfish bone in her body  Laughing

Do you see the incredible bitch face she is making in those pics, she isn't unselfish enough to do that even for her sisters-if she had anything of value to take she would have done so, IMO

Mary giving jewelry away  Laughing

Mary thinking of others  Laughing

Mary...the same Mary who tossed out personal letters and photos with the grandmother she used to manipulate Fred into thinking she had a soul. Not just tossed out but tossed out with unpaid credit card bills,embarrassing old driver's licenses featuring the original face, and embarrassing pictures with low tier celebrities.

Boganrella gave her sisters something to remember her by alright. Memories of her being an insufferable bitch to them throughout her wedding day. Snapping at them at the altar....snapping again getting out of the carriage. Memories to last a lifetime.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2014, 07:09:32 AM »

Snapping her cape at Fred on the wedding day!
Woohoo, I thought she would fly off on her broom at that point 
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »

I wish she had... That would have made this past decade a whole lot cheaper for us danes... And a lot less embarrassing.

Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #685 on: August 28, 2014, 10:17:07 AM »

I wish she had... That would have made this past decade a whole lot cheaper for us danes... And a lot less embarrassing.

To quote an old post of mine

The bride wore malice

Poor little bogan couldn't even get a big tiara so the only big "jewels" on display from the Donaldson clan was from Pa flashing his balls at Daisy.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: March 24, 2015, 11:05:37 AM »

There is a new theory these days about Mary's wedding tiara provenance...

Here is a picture of Princess Anne of Denmark, née Bowes-Lyon (she was one of the Queen Mother's nieces, married to Prince George of Denmark)
Her necklace here is supposedly Mary's tiara...What do you think ?

Mary's tiara worn in necklace form:

More info about Anne : https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Princess_Anne_of_Denmark

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:13:04 AM by Elissa » Logged

perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: March 24, 2015, 11:56:56 AM »

Here is a picture of Princess Anne of Denmark, née Bowes-Lyon (she was one of the Queen Mother's nieces, married to Prince George of Denmark)

I don't think so.  The main bits are a different shape - look where they are widest and that is different on each, and also the spacers (the in between bits) are a different shape.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: March 24, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »

the "Emerald Set"? I don't know about any Emerald Set, but we believe that when the Lux came for an official visit she expected to be decked out, tiara, earrings, etc., any Danish Family Jewelry. But she wasn't. Alexandra was established and had her bling going, and so was Daisy and MT. She pulled a sour face the whole evening in every photo. Hence the hissy-fit,  what an embarrassment for the DRF. And she wasn't even married then

another set of pic from the same visit

I think it was a double whamy for her, because she "only" was invited to the opera and gala, and not to any official welcoming or events. Alexandra took that representative role

With that black outfit and strict ponytail Mary reminds me of Sporty Spice of the former Spice girls.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: March 24, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »

I don't think they're a same piece, Mashie's tiara/necklace has five spikes while the princess' necklace has more than five (about 7)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: