Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 279699 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:58 PM »

Where do you see the ca. 7 spikes in the necklace, I only count 5 (just like the tiara)
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: March 24, 2015, 01:41:54 PM »

You will see it clearly when you zoom in the picture.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: March 24, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »

You mean zoom in on the older pictures? Because when I am looking at the pic of Mosh wearing the necklace I still count 5 of them, but this is also influenced by the way Mosh holds her head in that pic.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: March 24, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »

You mean zoom in on the older pictures? Because when I am looking at the pic of Mosh wearing the necklace I still count 5 of them, but this is also influenced by the way Mosh holds her head in that pic.
Yes, the princess Anne's necklace has 7 spikes, hence  Moshie's tiara/necklace and the princess Anne's necklace aren't the same piece.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: March 24, 2015, 03:47:29 PM »

There is a new theory these days about Mary's wedding tiara provenance...

Here is a picture of Princess Anne of Denmark, née Bowes-Lyon (she was one of the Queen Mother's nieces, married to Prince George of Denmark)
Her necklace here is supposedly Mary's tiara...What do you think ?

Mary's tiara worn in necklace form:

More info about Anne : https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Princess_Anne_of_Denmark

where did this rumor first appear, Elissa  Thinking

somebody tries to put more relevance to the piece than there actual is, and hide the fact that it was bought at an auction for a ridiculous low price, what royal tiaras are concerned.

No history here, and no provenance, and especially no heirloom.

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: March 24, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »

It was these last days on the sugarboards  Secret But there was already some mentions about Anne 's necklace back in 2013.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: March 24, 2015, 03:55:24 PM »

Not Quen Mary sugars once more trying to make her more relevant than she's is... Face it morrows, she got a very cheap and insignificant tiara from Marge as a wedding gift!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: March 24, 2015, 04:05:15 PM »

It was these last days on the sugarboards  Secret But there was already some mentions about Anne 's necklace back in 2013.

no worries, thank you Elissa  Hug Hug

sometime they get the info right....just not in this case

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: March 24, 2015, 11:39:00 PM »

They look similar but there are some differences in sizes. Nice story though.
I think Marge went cheap with Mary because of what happened with Alexandra and the tiara she gave her and the fact that Mary would have the ruby parure to wear and eventually the crown jewels.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: March 25, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »

I think its also telling that she brought NO family jewellery into the marriage. Not even a string of pearls or a gold chain.
I come from peasant stock but there is some of granny's jewellery that wouldn't be out of place at a an event like this. I can't believe between two sisters and being her granny's favourite there was nothing for Mary to use?

Not everyone has family jewellery to bring to a marriage....... My grandmothers had very little of significance (that I know of) and the couple of pieces my sister and I did inherit were sold by my mother when we were little...... The only jewellery I had coming into my marriage were some cheap sterling silver pieces
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: March 25, 2015, 06:05:17 PM »

There is a new theory these days about Mary's wedding tiara provenance...

Here is a picture of Princess Anne of Denmark, née Bowes-Lyon (she was one of the Queen Mother's nieces, married to Prince George of Denmark)
Her necklace here is supposedly Mary's tiara...What do you think ?

Mary's tiara worn in necklace form:

More info about Anne : https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Princess_Anne_of_Denmark

I don't think so.  The main bits are a different shape - look where they are widest and that is different on each, and also the spacers (the in between bits) are a different shape.

Hard to tell since the pics aren't exactly clear. The neck part (behind her neck) looks similar but not sure because of the 5/7 spike thing. It could be plausible that Marge would've bought the necklace/tiara from an auction (maybe in Denmark) where Anne's jewellery was being sold. I don't think it makes the piece of jewellery sound more important, just that it was easier for Marge to find a suitable piece for Mary since it was floating around nearby and insignificant enough.

tight-ass tiara

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: March 26, 2015, 03:38:50 AM »

I bet you never see Mary wearing that upside-down necklace on her head ever again when/if she becomes Queen.  She'll toss it to one of her kids.

I just can't even fathom her glee when she gets to wear all of the big pieces Marge keeps away from her now.  What's the biggest piece?  I bet that's the first one she lunges for...

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: March 26, 2015, 10:31:13 PM »

Hard to tell since the pics aren't exactly clear. The neck part (behind her neck) looks similar but not sure because of the 5/7 spike thing. It could be plausible that Marge would've bought the necklace/tiara from an auction (maybe in Denmark) where Anne's jewellery was being sold. I don't think it makes the piece of jewellery sound more important, just that it was easier for Marge to find a suitable piece for Mary since it was floating around nearby and insignificant enough.
Victoria of Sweden once wore similar necklace which looks alike to that behind part of both (mosh's and Anne's) necklaces above, but unfortunately I couldn't find back the picture, my guess it's quite popular design for that function. It can be worn it on it's own as bracelet too.

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: March 26, 2015, 10:35:50 PM »

Does anyone know who gifted Mary her aquamarines? Fred as wedding present?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: March 27, 2015, 03:20:04 AM »

Does anyone know who gifted Mary her aquamarines? Fred as wedding present?

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: