Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate has a boy!  (Read 85081 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »

Women in Europe are very lucky. I wish the US had similar rights and programs Sad

As "bad" as people claim health care is in the US, isn't it interesting how so many people want to immigrate here? Can't be all that bad, right, or they'd stay where they're coming from?

You moved right over in the not even close to being on topic off topic sphere here. We do not want politics, least of all US politics discussed here AT ALL.

The comparison between expenses on health care is at least somewhat relevant. This isn't at all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:59:04 PM by Maria » Logged
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »

When will they announce his name?
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2018, 02:59:28 PM »

I think they will announce it today. George and Charlotte were announced two days after birth and that’s where we are with baby #3.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2018, 03:55:30 PM »

I think they will announce it today. George and Charlotte were announced two days after birth and that’s where we are with baby #3.

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 ...!!!  Wink

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »

Women in Europe are very lucky. I wish the US had similar rights and programs Sad

As "bad" as people claim health care is in the US, isn't it interesting how so many people want to immigrate here? Can't be all that bad, right, or they'd stay where they're coming from?

That’s not at all why people immigrate here. They come for jobs, to join other family members, or to save their lives due to violence, war, and discrimination in their home countries. Our health care system (not doctors and nurses) and access to it is a joke and a disgrace. But I’m getting off topic, so I’ll shut up now.

Edit: sorry, Maria. I hadn’t seen your post
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2018, 04:16:25 PM »

Who else is keen for the name announcement? I am really hoping they DON’T call him Arthur (Aussie’s will understand, all I can think of is “I say, Arthur” from Mother and Son, or creepy Uncle Arthur!).

I still personally hope for Albert, little Bertie would be cute and a lovely gesture to the Queen honouring her beloved father.

EDIT : William was overheard telling a gentleman at the ANZAC service that he has a “strong name”.......

A “strong name”? What does that even mean? What is a “weak” name? Weird. William is so awkward.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »

Who else is keen for the name announcement? I am really hoping they DON’T call him Arthur (Aussie’s will understand, all I can think of is “I say, Arthur” from Mother and Son, or creepy Uncle Arthur!).

I still personally hope for Albert, little Bertie would be cute and a lovely gesture to the Queen honouring her beloved father.

EDIT : William was overheard telling a gentleman at the ANZAC service that he has a “strong name”.......

A “strong name”? What does that even mean? What is a “weak” name? Weird. William is so awkward.

Thor?  Tywin Lannister Wales?
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »

Manfred Armstrong Studkins? Is that strong enough?

What the hell does that mean?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2018, 04:27:06 PM »

I'm.holding out for Aegon Targaryen. 

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »

Plus our maternity leave policy is a joke in the US. I was one of the lucky ones. I’m home with my daughter now but I worked a government job in which I was vested and part of a union so I was able to take my full 12 weeks of unpaid leave. I saved my vacation time to cover most of my pay and my amazing coworkers donated leave time to make up the rest. Most are not as lucky as I was. One of my friends had a son about 7 months after I had my daughter. She had a c-section and only had 6 weeks off. I can’t imagine recovering not just from childbirth but a major surgery and having to go back to work 6 weeks later. It’s inhumane. So many parts of the system are broken here. I wish we had healthcare and maternal leave like the European system.

I had 3 weeks off following a c-section since I saved all my vacation time.  Not every job in the US is covered under the FMLA so I wasn't eligible for the unpaid 12 weeks even.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2018, 04:48:42 PM »

Manfred Armstrong Studkins? Is that strong enough?

What the hell does that mean?

Manfred Armstrong Studkins McHasapenis.

Is that strong enough for William?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2018, 04:53:02 PM »

On the risk of venturing into the political side of this debate as well:
Health care in Europe is generally speaking very good. But we do pay an absolute fortune for it every month just in case we might need it.  The difference is some sort of enforced solidarity. Everybody has to pay, and if you are never sick and never need it, you lose out on big bucks every month for those who need support. Insurances only work, when more money comes in than is paid out, so most people pay way more than they ever make use of themselves to cover those that use more money than they have paid into the system.

As to the strong name: I had to google that.
Seems that Arnold is a strong name as is the German "Amell" (which I have never ever heard of in Germany) and Voila ANDREAS, which incidently is William's great grandpa. ..
Wasn't strong enough to go beyond A....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »

Thor?  Tywin Lannister Wales?

Tywin Lannister  for the win!!!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:09:07 PM by leatherface » Logged
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2018, 05:04:25 PM »

Okay Wills and Kate: WE'RE WAITING!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »

My husband's grandma always used that exact phrase when we told her the names of our kids. My first thought when I saw that quote was, Wow, he sounds just like Grandma Judy!  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: