Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate has a boy!  (Read 85079 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »

weak names being Bubba, Junior, etc

Somehow, I donít think either of those names were ever on the table for consideration.

Although, both of those names have class markers attached to them, so itís an interesting thought that society sees them as weaker names (I know Iím certainly guilty of doing just that).
Skirt Queen

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »

When are they going to announce the name?

Hopefully soon.   George's was announced around 6 pm on 24 July and Charlotte's was announced around 3 pm on 4 May.   The next hour or two is my hope.   It sounds like they have it picked out and just can't be bothered.   The press got a "soon" on Monday and today someone was told "a strong name".   Just out with it already.

Especially because it's not like it's their first born!  Roll Eyes Maybe they are waiting out of respect of the solemnity of ANZACs remembrance (and don't want to take away coverage from that)?
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2018, 06:08:57 PM »

A weak name?

Timidius Fraidycat Shadowjumper Wales.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »

Hopefully soon.   George's was announced around 6 pm on 24 July and Charlotte's was announced around 3 pm on 4 May.   The next hour or two is my hope.   It sounds like they have it picked out and just can't be bothered.   The press got a "soon" on Monday and today someone was told "a strong name".   Just out with it already.

Especially because it's not like it's their first born!  Roll Eyes Maybe they are waiting out of respect of the solemnity of ANZACs remembrance?

Sorry for the double posted but I added this as you were posting:

The Services were this morning and midday (church at noon).  Granted I'm not British, Aussie, or Kiwi but waiting several hours for late afternoon early evening when people have been waiting since midday Monday seems ok to me.   I don't think there are any events tonight in connection, if there were then delaying until morning might make sense but then I expect 8 am on the dot.   And it's not like ANZAC day came as a surprise so they could have announce yesterday to avoid today.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2018, 06:12:03 PM »

Especially because it's not like it's their first born!  Roll Eyes Maybe they are waiting out of respect of the solemnity of ANZACs remembrance?

Sorry for the double posted but I added this as you were posting:

The Services were this morning and midday (church at noon).  Granted I'm not British, Aussie, or Kiwi but waiting several hours for late afternoon early evening when people have been waiting since midday Monday seems ok to me.   I don't think there are any events tonight in connection, if there were then delaying until morning might make sense but then I expect 8 am on the dot.   And it's not like ANZAC day came as a surprise so they could have announce yesterday to avoid today.

Thatís a good point. Maybe they could throw in the names Mel Gibson to the babyís names as a nod to ANZAC.  Laugh bounce Laughing
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2018, 06:20:26 PM »

If it's a " strong name " (whatever it means), I stick with Victor. Simply because of Victor Newman of the Young and the Restless. That is strong. Laugh bounce

Ooooh, Victor would be a lovely surprise!

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2018, 06:30:55 PM »

A weak name?

Timidius Fraidycat Shadowjumper Wales.

Star

How about Feeble Ineptimous Wales?

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2018, 06:37:42 PM »

Henry Michael Charles.  All the important men in his life. Aside from his father
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2018, 07:38:25 PM »

I interpret a ďstrongĒ name as something that isnít trendy (Kai, Jaden, Saint, etc). A name thatís traditional and has historical significance considering their position. I didnít read it as having anything to do with him being a boy but it is Will so who knows. I remember reading a bit of pearl clutching on twitter and other boards when Anneís grandkids were names Savannah, Isla and Mia and those girls are so far down the line that that it doesnít matter. I just hope they donít name the poor kid Arthur, Albert or Alfred.  Nerves
Lady Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »

The ne plus ultra strong name:  Charles Atlas

Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »

While I wish the new baby a lifetime of happiness, I am really fed up with this wait for his name. Two days is enough in a country which, last time I checked, didnít have a tradition of keeping royal babiesí names a secret until the christening, as is the case with Denmark. The baby is not even the heir, so there is no reason for delaying the announcement. Itís becoming very annoying!
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »

Welp, not happening today!

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »

Welp, not happening today!

Is that official?
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2018, 08:17:30 PM »

Apparently they are waiting to reveal the name until Charles is back from France tomorrow because he has not seen his new grandson yet.

LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2018, 08:25:59 PM »

If it's a " strong name " (whatever it means), I stick with Victor. Simply because of Victor Newman of the Young and the Restless. That is strong. Laugh bounce

Ooooh, Victor would be a lovely surprise!
Could be after Victor Meldrew
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: