Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate has a boy!  (Read 92697 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »

Apparently they are waiting to reveal the name until Charles is back from France tomorrow because he has not seen his new grandson yet.

That is kind of nice of them.

Then why didnít they just say that on Monday?
William's own name wasn't announced for a week and it took nearly two weeks for Beatrice's name to be confirmed. There's no "set" time for an announcement here, but 3 days is hardly excessive IMHO.

I agree with Maria that it's nice to give Charles the chance to meet him before they announce anything.

Youíre right.  I still find it a bit vexing that the Brits donít have a predictable timeframe like other countries.

I think this is (still) within a predictable timeframe and there seems to be multiple good reasons it wasnít announced yesterday.
In Denmark the timeframe is ďat the ChristningĒ which isnít set on a particular set date after the birth so it has varied.
In Sweden they announce it quickly but IIRC not in the weekend so depending on when baby is born the number of days have varied.
I canít recall how itís been done in other countries but I donít see the BRF standing out with unpredictability here Confused
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

Apparently they are waiting to reveal the name until Charles is back from France tomorrow because he has not seen his new grandson yet.

That is kind of nice of them.

Then why didnít they just say that on Monday?
William's own name wasn't announced for a week and it took nearly two weeks for Beatrice's name to be confirmed. There's no "set" time for an announcement here, but 3 days is hardly excessive IMHO.

I agree with Maria that it's nice to give Charles the chance to meet him before they announce anything.

Youíre right.  I still find it a bit vexing that the Brits donít have a predictable timeframe like other countries.

I agree. They have rules for literally every other thing they do, including rules that (attempt to, IMO) justify why Lizzie canít be bothered to attend the weddings of the children of her continental counterparts, so itís odd to me that thereís no protocol in place for this. IIRC, there is a protocol in place for announcing a birth.

I hate the long wait, but I like the fact that thereís no question in Denmark around when the name will be announced.
Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2018, 07:58:47 PM »

I figured they would announce the name earlier in the day.  Wonder why they are still waiting?
Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2018, 08:01:15 PM »

I figured they would announce the name earlier in the day.  Wonder why they are still waiting?

William said at an event tonight "He's still working on it"

He could just be evading an answer.

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...amp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: April 26, 2018, 08:03:41 PM »

William said at an event tonight "He's still working on it"

He could just be evading an answer.

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...amp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The DM is speculating that it may be Albert. I hope not, I don't care for that name at all.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »

I wonder if the queen has expressed displeasure at one of the names.
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2018, 08:06:49 PM »

Is this the strongest clue yet that Kate and Wills will name their new Royal Baby Prince ALBERT? Royal website makes hint as public desire for an answer reaches fever pitch with online demands

Windsors' website has a page bearing the phrase 'access denied' under Albert
    It is the same greeting that appears when users try to view Prince George's page
    Attempts to view other names simply result in a 'Page Not Found' greeting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...l-Baby-Prince-ALBERT.html
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »

Just call him Jerry and lets get on with it
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2018, 08:20:57 PM »

Just call him Jerry and lets get on with it

William the II or William Jr.  Wink
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2018, 08:29:02 PM »

Albert would be an awful choice. I hope theyíre not going there.

lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »

Personally I'm hoping that the reason why it's taking so long to release new baby's name is because William and Kate are hoping that the queen will allow them a little more freedom and flexibility with his name. After all, he is currently fifth in line, and probably won't have a significant role in the Royal Family when he gets older.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2018, 09:11:46 PM »

Albert would be an awful choice. I hope theyíre not going there.

Ugh.  I hate the name Albert.  Not a good choice at all.  Thumb down
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2018, 10:05:27 PM »

so many contradictory reports...
My guess is Albert Arthur Alexander 

LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2018, 10:19:27 PM »

Is this the strongest clue yet that Kate and Wills will name their new Royal Baby Prince ALBERT? Royal website makes hint as public desire for an answer reaches fever pitch with online demands

Windsors' website has a page bearing the phrase 'access denied' under Albert
    It is the same greeting that appears when users try to view Prince George's page
    Attempts to view other names simply result in a 'Page Not Found' greeting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...l-Baby-Prince-ALBERT.html

Seems to be a glitch in the URL if you put -0 at the end of you get the correct pages for Prince George of Cambridge http://royal.gov.uk/prince-george-0 and Prince Albert royal.gov.uk/prince-albert-0 husband of QV
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »

Personally I'm hoping that the reason why it's taking so long to release new baby's name is because William and Kate are hoping that the queen will allow them a little more freedom and flexibility with his name. After all, he is currently fifth in line, and probably won't have a significant role in the Royal Family when he gets older.

Same here! Bring a "new" first name into the mix! The other ones are getting old!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: