Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Louis of Cambridge - news and photos  (Read 121749 times)
genever
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 01:40:31 PM »

I genuinely think they’re still deciding. Put it this way, if they have chosen a name, surely it would be much harder to keep it a secret this time around, with George at school? You can hardly make a four year old keep such a secret, and all it would take would be one mention in the classroom to one of his 20 classmates, and surely it would leak? Perhaps the press should be monitoring the activity around bookmakers in Battersea?

As for Charles’s access/relationship with his grandchildren; it’s interesting to compare this to the recent brouhaha in Spain, where Sofia’s alleged complaints are the same; that the maternal family has more access whereas she has to effectively make an appointment. If it’s Letizia’s perrogative as a parent to organise her children’s routine, surely it is also William’s?

Fascinating how you compare the male royal born and the actual son of Charles with the female consort in-law  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I was comparing the person getting the “blame”, rightly or wrongly, for the supposedly poor relationships. If I were Letizia, I’d be pissed off that no one in the press or elsewhere seems to question Felipe on this matter; they’re his daughters too.

Star A good point well made Citizen!

I doubt if there is much conflict re. Charles and William about access, or if there is, that it's Charles perhaps expecting to see the children when it suits his schedule rather than when it suits theirs.

I also think (repeating myself from a few pages back) that they just hadn't decided on a name immediately.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 01:42:32 PM »

Louis Arthur Charles

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles.

The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge.

Louis?! I could never see that coming, it doesn't sound british to me (and tbh I don't like Louis at all, I have connected with Lux' Louis and I don't have possitive feelings for him)

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »

I would bet on Philip but it's a good thing they didn't use it, it's free for Harry to use it on his own kids.
[/quote]

GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 01:51:15 PM »

Unexpected but adorable!
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »

I wish they had used Philip too.  But am so glad they used Charles and honored the Mountbattens.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »

I guess we can change the name of this thread now lol.

I like it. Much better than Albert, and they still have Arthur in there.

Louis is also I think George's middle name too? Shame they didn't go with Alexander if they were going to go with a George middle name lol.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »

Louis?!  Oh, the poor child!   I'd have preferred "dirty Bertie" over that.  *rolls eyes*
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »

Louis   Thinking   
Quick question, across the pond is it pronounced "Looey" as in Louis Armstrong or "Lewis" and in St. Louis?

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 02:28:03 PM »

Louis   Thinking  
Quick question, across the pond is it pronounced "Looey" as in Louis Armstrong or "Lewis" and in St. Louis?

In Oz, too.  Lewis is Lewis as in the name of the cop show, but Louis is Looey, as in the French kings.  I cannot wrap my brain around this poor child being called Louis.   I mean to say.... King Louis of Great Britain?  Really?  In whose fantasyland will that occur?  It won't be mine, because I'll be long gone.  But the mere thought of it is driving me to drink.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2018, 02:28:53 PM »

I got Charles and Arthur.  

But Louis is a surprise. I thought for sure they'd use Philip. Maybe Harry called dibs lol.

Im assuming Lou-ee since Charlotte is also French origin maybe they kept that trend.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 02:31:21 PM »

Louis   Thinking  

In Oz, too.  Lewis is Lewis as in the name of the cop show, but Louis is Looey, as in the French kings.  I cannot wrap my brain around this poor child being called Louis.   I mean to say.... King Louis of Great Britain?  Really?  In whose fantasyland will that occur?  It won't be mine, because I'll be long gone.

He can technically pick any name if crowned.  So Charles most likely.   But he'll be so far down food chain by that time (if the monarchy exists) it isn't a problem.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 02:31:27 PM »

It sounds very French. Still better than naming him Albert, though.
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »

I got Charles and Arthur.  

But Louis is a surprise. I thought for sure they'd use Philip. Maybe Harry called dibs lol.

Im assuming Lou-ee since Charlotte is also French origin maybe they kept that trend.

I did, too, but with a different first name.  Louis popped up for me a couple times, but I didn't think they'd use it.  But it's a sweet name, and if that's the one he gurgled to or whatever, then Louis it is.  I'm glad they got Arthur in there. 
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 02:37:16 PM »

After some thought, one can read it in various ways.

It's William-centric: two of his names are in there, plus his father (which to me is the surprise - so much for their crummy relationship!)
It's a nod to Prince Louis and Lord Louis: if you're going to have namesakes, they're good ones
It's Spencerian: Louis is the name of W's Spencer cousin (and the eventual heir to the earldom), Charles is his uncle, and Arthur is the surprise
It's the DGAF attitude: they named the kid what they want and since the kid is third behind his older siblings, the old rules don't apply, so what-evah!

It's grown on me in the last couple of hours. It's a refreshing shift in names, and something new to the main line of the BRF!

tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »

Too many kids now!  Time to rename this subforum "The Cambridges."  Hint, hint.  

Louis reminds me of that ill fated French king.  Ugh!  I would have preferred Ivan to Louis,  lol!

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: