Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Louis of Cambridge - news and photos  (Read 150234 times)
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »

Boring name but at least itís not Albert so I guess it could be worse. The inclusion of Charles is a nice gesture. I hope we eventually get a pic of Charles with all of his grands.

Doesnít Will also have a Spencer cousin named Louis?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:29:52 PM by Snow Queen » Logged
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 03:25:56 PM »

Duck Tales...wooooooo!

Suddenly find myself singing the Duck Tales theme song this morning... Whistle

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
minimoos

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 03:30:53 PM »

I already feel bad for the poor baby- he doesnít even have a name of his own. I know the queen did it for Andrew/Edward,  but here you have the added factor of the heir and spare, whereas Charlotte will be doted on for being the only girl, and Ďtheí granddaughter (for now).

I appreciate that itís a nod to Louis Mountbatten, but wish they would have left it with George. Also surprised they didnít use Phillip in there somewhere.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 03:37:15 PM »

IMO Philip has been set aside for Harry if he has a son. Harry and Philip have a special bond and Iím glad William wasnít his usual douchecanoe self and honored that.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2018, 03:44:05 PM »

IMO Philip has been set aside for Harry if he has a son. Harry and Philip have a special bond and Iím glad William wasnít his usual douchecanoe self and honored that.

How can William be a douchecanoe about the name Philip if we don't even know if the name was indeed set aside for Harry?

I don't love or hate the name, though it does fall into typical William and Kate form.  There's also a nice cadence to George, Charlotte and Louis.
NoviceDisher
Banned
Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »

Louis ?

In honor of the French Kings ? Lord Mountbatten ? Kate was bored and binge watched 'The Crown'. ?

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »

I like the name a lot I have to admit, especially since it will be pronounced "Louie". It's a good name for the 5th in line.

rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2018, 04:34:03 PM »

A large number of links to the Spencer family among the Cambridge children's names.

PR George Alexander Louis.  George McCorqudale, Alexander Fellowes, William's cousins, Diana's nephews.

Prss Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Earl Spencer's daughter's name is Charlotte Diana.

PR Louis Arthur Charles.  Louis Spencer Viscount Althorp is Earl Spencer's eldest son. Charles Earl Spencer is William's maternal uncle.

Subtle but clever, I think.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »

Louis Arthur Charles

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles.

The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge.

Smiley   Louis was not on my radar but I am sure William and Kate chose the name they prefer.   Yes  

Is anyone wondering if Eugenie might be named a Godmother?  She has visited a couple times already (I don't remember reports of multiple visits with George and Charlotte) so it occurred to me they may be considering or have asked her.

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2018, 04:40:28 PM »

Louis Arthur Charles

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles.

The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge.

Smiley   Louis was not on my radar but I am sure William and Kate chose the name they prefer.   Yes  

Is anyone wondering if Eugenie might be named a Godmother?  She has visited a couple times already (I don't remember reports of multiple visits with George and Charlotte) so it occurred to me they may be considering or have asked her.

Isnít Eugenie moving into a cottage in the KP complex?
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »

Louis Arthur Charles   Thinking

Charles Philip Arthur George and William Arthur Philip Louis
so George and Louis  Smiley  has reference in the name  Yes  of the grandfather and the father.

about Philip :
maybe William and/or Kate not like this name or maybe they preferred Charles(honor/tribute).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:20:11 PM by danifaul » Logged

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »

It's Louis!!!

..and I'm £200 richer!! Jumping

Congratulations.   Wink 

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2018, 04:51:47 PM »

Louis   Thinking  
Quick question, across the pond is it pronounced "Looey" as in Louis Armstrong or "Lewis" and in St. Louis?

In Oz, too.  Lewis is Lewis as in the name of the cop show, but Louis is Looey, as in the French kings.  I cannot wrap my brain around this poor child being called Louis.   I mean to say.... King Louis of Great Britain?  Really?  In whose fantasyland will that occur?  It won't be mine, because I'll be long gone.  But the mere thought of it is driving me to drink.

Hi Margaret ~ I understand your point of view especially as King Louis sounds more French than British.
However, the chances of this wee babe ascending the throne are slim but as my gram says "never say never." 
Also, if by chance that ever happened, he may not decide to use Louis, he may decide to be known as Arthur or Charles. In fact, that could happen in a few years when he is old enough to express his opinion. 

rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »

Eugenie was seen visiting KP. It's not clear that she was visiting the Cambridges in their apartment though. She could be taking a look at the renovated cottage she and Jack are supposedly moving into, or visiting Harry whom she's close to, or some other relative.
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »

I don't care much for the names but I'm not crazy about the names for the first two either.

Possible pro: Maybe Kate can get this name out with her fake posh accent without sounding like her mouth is full of marbles! Watching her get her mouth around "george" when she adds all those w's is painful.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: