Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Louis of Cambridge - news and photos  (Read 243158 times)
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: June 09, 2022, 05:26:23 AM »

Have had children under my care acting up as Louis did. It was one of the situations covered in childcare classes I had taken. It was a situational lesson repeated, in reminders or mini-practicals. The first time it happened to me it took all my attention to recall training while reacting to a rambunctious child that could not be removed from the location to calm them. Same thing happened over time with other children and the behaviour was no longer the surprise it was the first time it happened. Kate made it look easy especially in full view of the surrounding attendees and while being filmed! Guessing it's not the first time she's had to deal with similar behaviour from her other children. Thumbs up from me.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: June 09, 2022, 06:02:16 AM »

I would not have let my child, not matter the age, cover my mouth and make that finger wagging/tongue poking gesture. But I've also never had that occur with the world's cameras on me.

[The bolded part]

I don't have children so I am curious...

What would you have done differently if your child did that? At that precise moment?

I have four. Mine sat in church every Sunday, albeit with quiet toys and colouring.

By age 4 they knew well enough not to treat me that way. But, if they had, I would have removed their hand and given them a stern “no”. I wouldn’t have laughed like Kate did. They knew the “look” and the firm squeeze on their hand.

But as I said, I didn’t have the world’s judgement on me either. But I find a lot of their behaviour appalling.

Also, I would have got a slap across the face if I’d done that to my mother, so there is that.

A slap across the face is pretty full-on! I’m so sorry that happened to you.

Thank you. Yes, my mother was pretty full on! But I also knew not to do it - I was raised that tongue-poking is a HUGE no-no!
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: June 09, 2022, 06:06:49 AM »

I would not have let my child, not matter the age, cover my mouth and make that finger wagging/tongue poking gesture. But I've also never had that occur with the world's cameras on me.

[The bolded part]

I don't have children so I am curious...

What would you have done differently if your child did that? At that precise moment?

I have four. Mine sat in church every Sunday, albeit with quiet toys and colouring.

By age 4 they knew well enough not to treat me that way. But, if they had, I would have removed their hand and given them a stern “no”. I wouldn’t have laughed like Kate did. They knew the “look” and the firm squeeze on their hand.

But as I said, I didn’t have the world’s judgement on me either. But I find a lot of their behaviour appalling.

Also, I would have got a slap across the face if I’d done that to my mother, so there is that.

So your children DID misbehave at times. And you had to correct that behavior. The only difference was, you weren’t doing it in front of the entire world.

God, I love it when people try to pretend like their children just automatically knew how to behave, without having to be taught. News flash, you can’t pre-program your kids to behave a certain way.

Of course my children misbehaved! But they were also taught, as you say. And by 4 they knew better, because they had been taught. None of my children ever did that to me (put their hand over my mouth etc, and make that hand gesture), I was asked what I would have done if they did.

I also acknowledged both times I commented that I wasn't doing it in front of the world - I know Kate was in a lose/lose situation.

I also think all the royal children (not just the Cambridges) are very cheeky and not all that well behaved at times.

I also should say - my comments only relate to the one incident of Louis covering Kate's mouth etc - I found that appalling. The rest of the time, yes he was just being an exuberant kid.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: June 09, 2022, 06:07:27 AM »

I have 30 plus years experience as an elementary school teacher and I am "renowned" for my classroom control skills.  With complete honesty  I definitely state that I possess the "voice," the "look" and the "posture" to gain the attention most students.  I can assure you that it doesn't always work in every time especially if the environment is one that is atypical to what the child is used to being in.  From my experience, anytime you place children of all ages in an environment that is meant to "hype' them up, it's going to take time to settle them down. There's a reason that the student to teacher ratio is higher with the Pre-school age group than it is with older children.  Watch any spirit assembly, concert, carnival,  field day or sports event and you will see adults trying their best to just keep everyone relatively calm and safe.

Catherine did the best that she could during the situation. Louis will be a calmer child when he's next on the balcony in 2023. They have a handle on it.

It's a gift, plus superb training to manage a class of little ones, or high schoolers. Good on you TLLK.
Thank you 😊
Astrid

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: June 09, 2022, 12:22:31 PM »

Having seen the Cambridges interact with their children during this important and very public weekend, I am sure that these kids enjoy a happy childhood and family life in spite of being prepared for a life in public. Good for them! Not all children get to have such loving and truly caring parents.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 12:29:51 PM by Astrid » Logged
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: June 09, 2022, 06:51:45 PM »

I just hope the Cambridge kids can be out from under the microscope now for a while and can just be kids.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: June 09, 2022, 06:55:37 PM »

I just hope the Cambridge kids can be out from under the microscope now for a while and can just be kids.

I suspect we won't see them for a few months now.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: June 09, 2022, 08:12:32 PM »

I suspect we won't see them for a few months now.

We’ll probably have a photo for George on his birthday, maybe something with the whole family for William’s big birthday, some papparazzi shots from Balmoral, first day of school for Louis and, if only, a photo from their summer vacation - isle of Scilly?

I wonder if they’ll do the regatta this year.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: June 09, 2022, 08:45:18 PM »

I forgot William turns 40 this year. Yes, I think we will likely see a photo of them for that - William as a dad is one of his big drawing cards. Can't wait to see what we get! The kids are always so cute in the pictures Kate takes of them.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Mab

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: June 09, 2022, 09:11:04 PM »

I didn't see any wider shots showing Prince William, of when Louis was being "challenging" - was he aware too, would like to know how he would have handled Louis stopping up his mouth like that.  It's all been put on Kate.  I think she has a calmness and self control that is really admirable.  She was no doubt very aware that all this was going down on record, and she had to process that, decide how to react, and do so all in a millisecond.  Knowing that judgments were just waiting to come cascading down on her whatever she did.  I think she handled it all very well.  As for Louis, as others have said, he is in good hands and will learn how to behave appropriately as he gets older, his siblings being a working example of this.  He was maybe told (though hopefully not) "You have to be really really good today, if not Gangan/Pa/Mummy/Daddy will be sad" in which case it could have acted like the famous "Do not press the red button ala Mr Bean" - well the button just screams to be pressed! Considering how Kate has educated herself in early years/child development issues these past few years, I think so knew what she was doing, and doing it well. 
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: June 09, 2022, 09:52:13 PM »

Since I have become a parent, I observe one golden rule: if you don't have children, you don't judge other people's parenting. If you do have children, you don't judge either – you relate. Because we are all more or less in the same boat. And by we I mean caring, hands-on parents.

Star for you. (Besides, you can have 10 children and all are different.)
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: June 11, 2022, 02:32:56 PM »

I didn't see any wider shots showing Prince William, of when Louis was being "challenging" - was he aware too, would like to know how he would have handled Louis stopping up his mouth like that.  It's all been put on Kate.  I think she has a calmness and self control that is really admirable.  She was no doubt very aware that all this was going down on record, and she had to process that, decide how to react, and do so all in a millisecond.  Knowing that judgments were just waiting to come cascading down on her whatever she did.  I think she handled it all very well.  As for Louis, as others have said, he is in good hands and will learn how to behave appropriately as he gets older, his siblings being a working example of this.  He was maybe told (though hopefully not) "You have to be really really good today, if not Gangan/Pa/Mummy/Daddy will be sad" in which case it could have acted like the famous "Do not press the red button ala Mr Bean" - well the button just screams to be pressed! Considering how Kate has educated herself in early years/child development issues these past few years, I think so knew what she was doing, and doing it well. 

I saw plenty of wider shots and William was very aware of Louis behavior and did intervene. William at one point had Kate send Louis over and asked Prince Charles to take him on his lap. Then I saw Louis on Williams lap. Plus William was also engaging with George and Charlotte (talking to them, answering their questions, pointing out things, etc).
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: June 12, 2022, 10:45:28 PM »

I didn't see any wider shots showing Prince William, of when Louis was being "challenging" - was he aware too, would like to know how he would have handled Louis stopping up his mouth like that.  It's all been put on Kate.  I think she has a calmness and self control that is really admirable.  She was no doubt very aware that all this was going down on record, and she had to process that, decide how to react, and do so all in a millisecond.  Knowing that judgments were just waiting to come cascading down on her whatever she did.  I think she handled it all very well.  As for Louis, as others have said, he is in good hands and will learn how to behave appropriately as he gets older, his siblings being a working example of this.  He was maybe told (though hopefully not) "You have to be really really good today, if not Gangan/Pa/Mummy/Daddy will be sad" in which case it could have acted like the famous "Do not press the red button ala Mr Bean" - well the button just screams to be pressed! Considering how Kate has educated herself in early years/child development issues these past few years, I think so knew what she was doing, and doing it well.  

I saw plenty of wider shots and William was very aware of Louis behavior and did intervene. William at one point had Kate send Louis over and asked Prince Charles to take him on his lap. Then I saw Louis on Williams lap. Plus William was also engaging with George and Charlotte (talking to them, answering their questions, pointing out things, etc).

They really seem like caring parents. Smiley
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: November 04, 2022, 12:32:55 AM »

Queen Elizabeth II had intervened with Prince Louis title     
http://www.express.co.uk/...Elizabeth-II-royal-titles
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: