Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Octave 2018  (Read 11039 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 06:01:13 PM »

MT looks gorgeous in that suit and with that turban/headband/pillbox/whatever hat. 

WTF does Linus have on her head?  I'm not a fan of that bandeau style on her when she's got her hair up. 

Alex appears to be wearing a halter under a bolero. It looks a bit awkward based on what is shown in the picture. I think it's due to the weird ruffle at the top of the neck.
melusina

Mini Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »

Just back from town and saw them live..
MT clearly slimmed down and looked really good, Alex was hidden under a huge capeline hat and Steph was channeling her inner Marge Simpson, whoever told her that this combination bandeau-updo looked good must hate her.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »

Just back from town and saw them live..
MT clearly slimmed down and looked really good, Alex was hidden under a huge capeline hat and Steph was channeling her inner Marge Simpson, whoever told her that this combination bandeau-updo looked good must hate her.

Very cool that you saw them live!  Was Louis as sad in person as he looks in these photos?  Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought Linus' hairstyle and headgear looked stupid on her.
melusina

Mini Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 06:29:41 PM »

I just saw the actual procession, not the balcony scene. Louis was dutyfully praying his rosary and was looking accordingly, ... somber, serious, sad? who knows..
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »

I just saw the actual procession, not the balcony scene. Louis was dutyfully praying his rosary and was looking accordingly, ... somber, serious, sad? who knows..

They pray the rosary when they walk?
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 06:48:31 PM »

Is that strange? You can say the rosary anytime and anywhere. I know a lot of people who do it on their daily drive.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »

Is that strange? You can say the rosary anytime and anywhere. I know a lot of people who do it on their daily drive.

I’ve just never noticed them doing it. It seems like they’re usually looking up at the cameras at various moments during their walk. I always assumed they were chatting to each other and/or walking so the people could see them.
melusina

Mini Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »

It's the closing procession of the octave, a 2 week long pilgrimage to ou Lady of Luxembourg. This procession is composed by all catholic communities in Luxembourg, foreign communities as special guests (this year you hade a huge polish delegation), and yes, people pray the rosary throughout the procession, sometimes just interrupted by religious songs, that's what it is all about.
So during the procession, the gd family is supposed to do what all the other pilgrims do and not care about the onlookers
.. while obviously the onlookers all love to dish on the fashion of the female members of the family, nothing new under the sun  Smiley
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 07:07:04 PM »

Processions in which people pray the rosary are common in the Catholic world.  For many Catholics here in the U.S., they are a feature of Maytime events honoring Mary.  Often at the end, a statue of Mary is crowned with a wreath of flowers.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 07:28:28 PM »

Henri looks as always, MT very good although she could tone down her makeup just a bit.
Stephanie looks pretty good, except for the dreadful hat. Gui needs a style intervention ASAP, he looks downright gross
Alex is dressed like she's 50, poor girl. Louis looks very sad.

I feel like Felix and Claire should be there. I would actually say it's odd they aren't. Gui can do his job without having children just fine, but Amalia should be shown off occasionally as she is currently very much an heir whether they want it or not.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »

More pictures. GD Jean also attended the procession.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 08:26:34 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »

Linus’ outfit would have been great if not for the thick tights and open toed shoes; and the hat/band and hair combo.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 09:06:02 PM »

Alexandra's outfit is horrible Blink
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 10:11:37 PM »

MT looks positively dishy. Alex looks 75 and Linus looks 135.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: