Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, 19 May 2018  (Read 134534 times)
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2145 on: November 11, 2018, 12:47:15 AM »

Eugenie's tiara was known to be in existence as it had been worn but not for some time. Same with Meghan's.

So part of this story rings true to me. The greed in general of married-ins.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #2146 on: November 11, 2018, 01:10:49 AM »

I do absolutely not buy the story about the "emerald tiara" or "tiara with suspected Russian origin" she couldn't have.

Just some weeks ago, when her wedding tiara was put on public display, they came out with the story how the one she went for - picking from the Queen's choices - was "the one that stood out and suited her best"
[see e.g. here https://www.harpersbazaar...sing-royal-wedding-tiara/,
and now this is dubbed "the one she was given because she couldn't have the one that she originally wanted"?

Nobody knew about the existence of the one Eug wore, so how would Imelda would have known about it and could have demanded it? And as others already said, all tiaras with Russian origin in the vaults have a proven Russian origin (and are in the vaults for 100 years already), so also this tale is BS.

This would only leave the possibilities that Imelda saw one at an auction and had demanded Harry to buy it or that someone else had offered her one on loan - but her wearing a loan from a jewellery house would have put the BRF in a very bad light, which would explain HM's reaction that "she'll wear one that I loan her".

Your last bit there brings up an interesting possibility. A loan from a jeweler would be something Meghan would be familiar with coming from her career. Iíve had the thought pop into my head here and there if maybe thatís whatís actually going on with her eye wateringly priced wardrobe.

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2147 on: November 11, 2018, 01:13:49 AM »

Eugenie's tiara was known to be in existence as it had been worn but not for some time. Same with Meghan's.

So part of this story rings true to me. The greed in general of married-ins.

The bolded is not right. The fact that Eug has worn it was the first proof for the public that the tiara was even part of the Greville bequest.
QEQM inherited the lot 1942, but has never worn this tiara (only the one which is today with Camilla), and neither has any other BRF family member.
So the last wearer was obviously Mrs. Greville herself (although there is, to my knowledge, also no picture of her wearing it; up to Eug's wedding, there was only a black and white picture of this tiara existing in a book about Boucheron made jewels).

Meghan's, in the other hand, was indeed worn publicly by Queen Mary, but like almost 70 years ago - it was to be suspected that it still exists, but only 'hardcore' royal watchers came up with it as a possible choice as Imeldas wedding tiara when the speculations began.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2148 on: November 11, 2018, 01:22:49 AM »

Ahh, I thought I could have sworn I saw a photo of QEQM wearing it so I stand corrected.
gildinwen

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2149 on: November 11, 2018, 01:41:05 AM »

I do absolutely not buy the story about the "emerald tiara" or "tiara with suspected Russian origin" she couldn't have.

Just some weeks ago, when her wedding tiara was put on public display, they came out with the story how the one she went for - picking from the Queen's choices - was "the one that stood out and suited her best"
and now this is dubbed "the one she was given because she couldn't have the one that she originally wanted"?

Nobody knew about the existence of the one Eug wore, so how would Imelda would have known about it and could have demanded it? And as others already said, all tiaras with Russian origin in the vaults have a proven Russian origin (and are in the vaults for 100 years already), so also this tale is BS.

This would only leave the possibilities that Imelda saw one at an auction and had demanded Harry to buy it or that someone else had offered her one on loan - but her wearing a loan from a jewellery house would have put the BRF in a very bad light, which would explain HM's reaction that "she'll wear one that I loan her".

Your last bit there brings up an interesting possibility. A loan from a jeweler would be something Meghan would be familiar with coming from her career. Iíve had the thought pop into my head here and there if maybe thatís whatís actually going on with her eye wateringly priced wardrobe.

It would explain the clothing tag on two of her dresses no?
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #2150 on: November 11, 2018, 01:59:18 AM »

It would explain the clothing tag on two of her dresses no?

It might.

karma chamelion

Small Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #2151 on: November 11, 2018, 02:46:50 AM »

I wonder if the mention of Russia didn't have to do with the origin of the tiara, but rather could it be that the jeweler she wanted to use might have Russian connections?

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
anastasia beaverhausen

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2152 on: November 11, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »

I wonder if the mention of Russia didn't have to do with the origin of the tiara, but rather could it be that the jeweler she wanted to use might have Russian connections?

Well, thatís ertainly possible. I have to wonder why someone who is so concerned about ethical sourcing for chicken would not worry about diamonds from who knows where in a new tiara? 
NAOTMAA

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2153 on: November 12, 2018, 01:20:38 AM »

I read the article and the issue about tiara provenance was speculative. I bet what happened is that Eugenie decided on the emeralds between Harry's engagement and wedding and so a tiara previously offered to Meghan was rescinded for a princess of the blood. Bad timing and too bad for Meghan if she had to go with #2 choice. But if that is the case girlfriend should be grateful for anything she gets. It's called grace. These royals are English to the core with sangfroid in spades they probably are flummoxed by the American who is getting grabby or is used to getting her way. That's what I think happened.

Harry saying to staff during wedding prep Meghan gets what she wants can be read in different ways. On one hand it could make it sound like she's a hellion and he has already been burned and he is warning them or it sounds like the sweet groom letting his staff know that his darling wife to be can have whatever she wants so if she says pink roses go get pink roses.

and if the darling wife wants a tacky pastor the darling wife gets a tacky pastor   Just imagine the look on Charles's face when he read that on the wedding program  Laughing

Harry was obviously so besotted he was willing to let his wedding be a three ring trash fest and wouldn't let anybody at Clarence House or BP say otherwise even if it meant lowering the prestige of the royal family. That was his choice and everyone let it happen I guess out of fear of bad press backlash (being called racist, elitist, xenophobic, ect...)

It made "Its a Royal Knockout" look like entertainment straight out the court of the Sun King at Versailles  Cool
sn0wflake

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2154 on: December 01, 2018, 01:31:23 AM »

Meghan wanted air fresheners in St Georgeís chapel..

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6447819/Meghan-kicks-stink-Dictatorial-bride-wanted-air-fresheners-musty-St-Georges-Chapel.html

Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2155 on: December 01, 2018, 01:56:18 AM »

Uhh, there isn't really a musty odor in the chapel. I could see this being yet another DM made up story for clicks and outrage, but such behavior on Meghan's part doesn't surprise me. I have heard of people doing this in certain churches in weddings here though, it seems to be a new thing because of course the wedding industry has to create new stupid things for people to spend money on!
jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2156 on: December 01, 2018, 02:32:05 AM »

Uhh, there isn't really a musty odor in the chapel. I could see this being yet another DM made up story for clicks and outrage, but such behavior on Meghan's part doesn't surprise me. I have heard of people doing this in certain churches in weddings here though, it seems to be a new thing because of course the wedding industry has to create new stupid things for people to spend money on!
I visited that chapel this summer. Smelled fine.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2157 on: December 01, 2018, 02:52:52 AM »

The tiara Meghan ended up wearing didnít suit her at all, in my opinion, so I tend to believe there was another one that she originally wanted.

Frankly, Harry is not doing his new bride any favors being petulant and demanding to the staff. He should know better, he is the royal expert here. The air freshener request should have died before it ever went anywhere. Harry should have stopped it.

He may worship his wife down to the tips of her toes, but making her a laughingstock - however inadvertently - before the whole world isnít a recipe for a happy first year of marriage.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2158 on: December 01, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »

Secret
I could totally imagine that this is true.
Being American, she has no clue what a 600 year old stone building naturally smells like, and maybe she wanted a Givenchy scent for her snowflake nose ...

Major difference between an American and an Englishman? For the American, 200 years is a long time, for the Englishman, 200 miles is a long distance  Wink.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:42:51 PM by Kaiserin » Logged
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #2159 on: December 01, 2018, 02:54:09 PM »

Secret
I could totally imagine that this is true.
Being American, she has no clue what a 600 year old stone building naturally smells like, and maybe she wanted a Givenchy scent for her snowflake nose ...

Major difference between an American and an Englishman? For the American, 200 years is a long time, for the Englishman, 200 miles is a long distance  Wink.

I like that last bit there, Kaiserin  Laughing

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: