Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening of Princess Adrienne - June 8, 2018  (Read 61152 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »

https://www.kungahuset.se...bba5d1623a378c4845e8.html

HRH Princess Adrienne’s christening will take place in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on Friday 8 June 2018.

The officiating clergy at the christening of Princess Adrienne will be the The Most Reverend Archbishop Dr. Antje Jackelén, assisted by The Right Reverend Bishop and Chief Court Chaplain Dr. Johan Dalman, and The Reverend, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen. After the christening ceremony there will be a reception for invited guests, after which a private lunch will take place. The invited guests are family and friends, representatives of the Riksdag, the Government and official Sweden.

Princess Adrienne will be baptized in the same gown worn by Princess Estelle, Prince Oscar, Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas, Prince Alexander, and Prince Gabriel at their christenings. The water used at the christening will come from a spring on Öland.

Princess Adrienne Josephine Alice was born on 9 March 2018 at Danderyd Hospital.

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 01:01:49 PM »

Thank you Lady Adelaide!!!  Star
I love events of the swedish royal family, they're really royal!!!! 

Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:31:10 AM »

I also enjoy events of the SRF, especially when the younger generation of princesses and princes attend. We see Estelle and Oscar more often, but it will be great to see Leonore, Nicolas and Alexander again. I guess 9-months-old Gabriel won't be attending though because he's too little. I also enjoy that we get to see broadcasts/videos/pictures from those events.

SvDam write that Princess Birgitta will be attending the christening of Princess Adrienne on 8 June. Birgitta nowdays lives in Mallorca but she told to SvDam that she looks forward to baptism when the whole family is together again. Last time Birgitta attended a royal baptism when Princess Estelle was baptized, 22 May 2012.
Perhaps one of Birgitta's children will be a godparent?

intothesea

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »

I love watching these events, the family dynamics are fun to observe and the kids are starting to outnumber the adults so we may get a lot of humerous moments on film.
Libby

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »

I love watching these events, the family dynamics are fun to observe and the kids are starting to outnumber the adults so we may get a lot of humerous moments on film.
ITA--these events are so enjoyable! It's nice to see the children as they grow and see their different personalities taking shape. The adults are definitely getting outnumbered! 😃
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 03:40:49 AM »

Adrienne has received her Coat of Arms and monogram prior to the Christening:

https://www.kungahuset.se...0e501623a3abbbb1288e.html

ETA: Alexander's for comparison:

Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »

Godparents!

Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 09:43:08 AM »

Adrienne's Godparents:

Miss Anouska d'Abo
    Mrs Coralie Charriol Paul
    Mr Nader Panahpour
    Friherre Gustav Thott
    Fru Charlotte Kreuger Cederlund
    Fru Natalie Werner

Source: https://www.kungahuset.se...3fd3d1623a2c7957dcf5.html
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »

No Sofia is kind of the obvious takeaway. I like it Cool
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »

Wow, I was sure they would choose Daniel. Confused Chris' sisters are godparents and both husbands IIRC. But perhaps they want to have a fourth child and don't want to choose Sofia then.  Thinking
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »

I like the strong A monogram - much nicer straight up and down rather than a curved letter.

Looking forward to this tomorrow, and then Trooping on Saturday!  Thumb up
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »

No Sofia is kind of the obvious takeaway. I like it Cool

Well well well . . . lets see  . . . . lots of smiling etc at National Day as a PR exercise. I wonder is Sofia regretting her display of independence at Gabriel's Christening now ? Perhaps there were comments about how the parents of the baby should be able to choose clothing styles etc and other elements as they saw fit !!  No doubt CP told his mother - who apparently was not in favour of National Dress - that the mother of the child wanted to honour her family background or some such - in which case Maddie could do the same  Laughing So not be told she had to have Sofia, and to make it easy - no-one in Swedish RF at all - even cousins - so no obvious slight . . . . just their friends and family of Chris - Gustav Thott is the husband of her friend who just got married I believe . . .
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »

Wow, I was sure they would choose Daniel. Confused Chris' sisters are godparents and both husbands IIRC. But perhaps they want to have a fourth child and don't want to choose Sofia then.  Thinking

Well I am sure they did not want Sofia and thus did not choose anyone in Swedish RF. Easier to go with friends . . . and family of Chris - this is their 3rd child and her sister and brother have already been picked  . . .  no need for a SIL that she might prefer not to have . .
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »

OMG, what does Daniel have to do to be a godparent?? 
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 04:20:01 PM »

OMG, what does Daniel have to do to be a godparent?? 
Maybe they aren't that close, as is Maddeline and Daniel  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: