Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State visit Netherlands to Luxembourg 23-25 May 2018  (Read 23274 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2018, 12:20:02 AM »

I think Steph wears the sheer floral better than MT - the coloring and the style is better on Steph, and the way they changed the bust area looks much better on her too.

But the mustard splat on her head... no.  Nono

danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2018, 12:54:58 AM »

Scarlet fever! Queen Maxima stuns in a caped red evening gown as she joins King Willem-Alexander at a concert in Luxembourg for the country’s Grand Duke and Grand Duchess
Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander are on a state visit to Luxembourg
Last night they attended the Contra Performance at the Philharmonie
Joined Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa   

http://www.dailymail.co.u...d-Duke-Grand-Duchess.html

A very regal accessory! Queen Maxima wears a statement gold headpiece for an engagement with Luxembourg's royals during Dutch state visit
Queen Maxima of Netherlands is on a three day visit to Luxembourg this week
She looked stunning in a sharp suit and a gold headband on her second day
Queen and King Willem-Alexander given a tour of industrial city of Belval

http://www.dailymail.co.u...t-Luxembourgs-royals.html

Turandot
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2018, 07:57:45 AM »

I am sorry to say this, but Máxima must be the person of the worst dressed royalty and for a long distance.
One thing is to want to be the center of attention and another thing is to be for inappropriate reasons jajajaa
Discreet is not. and I hate the big ego. It is impossible to find an attitude like this pleasant. It is my opinion. Nono

I think she’s kind of wonderful and also she seems able to retain her no doubt grandiose ego at the same time as she supports WA as the king. That is IMO a unique feat among the current kings and queens and speak of a very well matched couple.

So true, and I believe the main reason for this is that Willem doesn't seems to be threatened by his wife over the top personality but rather embrace it and enjoy it. Also she is the only royal who I can think of has remained the same person that she was before becoming a royal. As the saying goes Men will be men, in her case- Max will be Max and it's great to watch it.

Is Linus pressing her hip against Maxima? Yuck!
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »

Willem-Alexander and Maxima visited Neobuild and CFL Multimodal. Before heading home they attended a reception for Dutch people living in Luxembourg & a farewell ceremony at the Grand Ducal Palace

Queen Máxima in Valentino and Stephanie in MIL's Ellie Saab when they attended a concert during the State Visit.

---

Is Steph a boring dresser because she gets the MT leftovers - or does she get them because she makes no effort Huh?? WT.... - if I was Steph with those dress choices for evening this week I would stay home . . . . The Lux should do a Mosh and send the old clothes to be sold off and buy some new ones

Actually I (personally) love most of MT outfits.............and "yes" they all look better on MT than her DIL ..somehow Steph just can not wear nice clothes................most of MT outfits are timeless
Libby

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »

I don't really know that much about MT-- but she seems like a very warm person!
And Max is just fab in my opinion. She's amazing!
dhb

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2018, 07:20:44 PM »

Steph is such a hot, ill-fitting mess  Thumb down access to the best of the best of everything and she still can’t get it right six years later  Snare

Máxima and MT looking glorious though — they radiate warmth and you can see a genuine bond between the two  Yes
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2018, 08:55:31 PM »

I think that dress looks very nice on her. MT was overflowing out of the top of it.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2018, 12:02:52 AM »

The state visits are the highest events, all those splendid jewels are already there, why not wear them and show them off ? It's not like Maxima sold her used clothes via a second hand clothes shop and bought those jewels at auction   .
Steph looked pregnant.
dbc
Banned
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2018, 12:34:23 AM »

MT&M wear their clothes with confidence. S doesn't have any so she usually looks like she just put on whatever fell out of the closet when she opened it.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2018, 02:33:23 AM »

The soft pastel pinks and greens suit Stephanie and her face is beautifully framed by the magnificent necklace Smiley
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2018, 03:23:13 AM »

Actually I (personally) love most of MT outfits.............and "yes" they all look better on MT than her DIL ..somehow Steph just can not wear nice clothes................most of MT outfits are timeless
[/quote]

Lynda, it's attititude, attitude...attitude!! MT has attititude. Linus lacks attitude. Clothes wear her  Crazy. the frock might as well be hung on a coat hanger 

Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2018, 12:47:14 PM »

It's strange that Linus wears MTs dresses. I mean, she's leaner, so once they make the dresses fit to her waist/hips and smaller breast, MT would no longer be able to wear them herself (OK, maybe she doesn't even want to, because Linus was only given the ugly ones so far ...).

But what I really wonder is how they solve the difference in height - Linus is definitely taller (and not wearing flats), so how can the gown be floor length for her when it was before for MT? For the cream one, OK, the middle part may have done the trick, they just added there, so the skirt could be re-attached and the gown gained 10 cm in length, but how did they do that with the skirt of the light pink mess which has an actual print and no visibly added part?
Well if you look at the floral one, you can see that
a) the dress shows Steph's feet (while it touched the floor when MT wore it)
b) the top was altered: in MT's case it was an almost U-shaped, off shoulder neckline, bringing it up to the mid of the shoulder which is prob an inch or so higher. In Steph's version the top was brought down to above the breast (like a prim and very modest sweetheart) and held with straps over the shoulder (those were added to the original)
All in all that would account for the extra 5-7".

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »

It's strange that Linus wears MTs dresses. I mean, she's leaner, so once they make the dresses fit to her waist/hips and smaller breast, MT would no longer be able to wear them herself (OK, maybe she doesn't even want to, because Linus was only given the ugly ones so far ...).

But what I really wonder is how they solve the difference in height - Linus is definitely taller (and not wearing flats), so how can the gown be floor length for her when it was before for MT? For the cream one, OK, the middle part may have done the trick, they just added there, so the skirt could be re-attached and the gown gained 10 cm in length, but how did they do that with the skirt of the light pink mess which has an actual print and no visibly added part?
b) the top was altered: in MT's case it was an almost U-shaped, off shoulder neckline, bringing it up to the mid of the shoulder which is prob an inch or so higher. In Steph's version the top was brought down to above the breast (like a prim and very modest sweetheart) and held with straps over the shoulder (those were added to the original)

maybe Linus is walking on her knees?  Confused

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2018, 08:36:56 PM »

Thanks for pointing out the straps. I thought MY just wore them down, but looking closer, you are right, they weren't even there.

The strap/sweetheart solution is much better, all in all, but I don't like the way the scarf thingy is attached to them. This looked better on MT, falling down from the upper arm instead of the shoulder.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2018, 01:39:23 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: