Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Meghan's image - manipulated and polished  (Read 144320 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2018, 03:40:24 AM »

May 26
TALK OF THE TOWN: India sees Meghan as the new Diana after she visited Mumbai women's charity wearing traditional dress
Is Meghan the new Diana? That’s the question gripping India’s press after the discovery of a picture of the Duchess of Sussex. The image of Meghan in a sari and wearing a bindi on her forehead echoes photos of Diana wearing a bindi in India in 1992. Meghan was visiting a Mumbai women’s charity – the Myna Mahila Foundation – in January 2017.  She proved her commitment to the charity by inviting four of its female organisers, including founder Suhani Jalota, to her wedding.

Myna, which provides sanitary products for women in India and tackles taboo issues such as menstrual hygiene, was one of seven charities nominated for gift donations by the couple.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 03:44:49 AM »

May 26
Meghan’s magic touch: How the new Duchess of Sussex has healed the wounds of the warring Windsors and helped Prince Harry finally bury the hatchet with Charles

Amid so many touching moments in St George’s Chapel, two simple, whispered words seemed barely to register.

Indeed, when a visibly nervous Prince Harry turned to his father, who had just walked his glamorous bride down the aisle, and said ‘Thanks Pa’, few others would have heard him at all. Yet when they were repeated just three days later at a Buckingham Palace garden party to mark the Prince of Wales’s forthcoming 70th birthday, the depth of gratitude rang out loud and clear.

Harry marked the occasion with a speech of self-deprecation and rare warmth, saying: ‘Pa, while I know that you’ve asked that today not be about you, you must forgive me if I don’t listen to you. Much like when I was younger. Instead, I ask everyone here to say a huge thank you to you, for your incredible work.’

Yet the relationship between this father and his two princely sons has not always been so cordial, with the boys seeming frosty and at times belligerent towards Charles. So Harry’s new-found generosity towards the Prince of Wales is significant indeed.

The past few months have seen a remarkable thawing between Charles and Harry – and that the person behind this about-face is the Prince’s new bride, Meghan. William too has been far from deferential towards Charles. Palace insiders say that the Duke of Cambridge has even been known to raise his voice at his father. And when Charles chose to maintain a dignified silence during the 20th anniversary of Diana’s death last year, there was speculation this was an expression of a family rift.

Yet Meghan has brought with her a new and unexpected dynamic, and not just because she, too, has grown up negotiating a fractured family. (Even before the wedding, Harry had remarked that Meghan regarded the Windsors as ‘the family she never had’). More than that, it is her newfound relationship with Charles that is proving to be key.

‘Meghan met Charles and was bowled over by his charm,’ said a family source. ‘She told Harry he was wonderful: welcoming, warm, hard-working kind and stable. Never before had Charles shown so much support towards one of Harry’s girlfriends, and Harry was visibly moved. ‘There has been a wedding bonus for all the family: a sort of mega-watt warming effect,’ said the friend.

Meghan, meanwhile, has actively charmed her new father-in-law. She consulted Charles about the music for the wedding, while the Prince of Wales has taken time to discuss the complexities of life in ‘The Firm’. It helps that Meghan is fascinated by Royal history – more so than her husband – and sources say she is poring over lever-arch files of notes as she studies the Commonwealth.

Charles sees his work ethic and his passion for philanthropy reflected in Meghan, who has campaigned to raise awareness of women’s issues. It will not have escaped his notice that she shares his belief in organic food. Camilla, too, has played her part as a sort of ‘super-granny’, dispensing humorous, down-to-earth advice to Meghan. It is understood that the two ‘outsiders’ have become friends – they were seen clasping hands as they greeted one another at the Palace on Tuesday.

‘She made it clear that he should appreciate him and bond more.’

In turn, Charles, with a twinkle in his eye, has been completely taken with her, telling friends: ‘She is so intelligent and so nice. She makes Harry happy. We could not like her more.’

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 04:01:37 AM »

What did I say last week?  Wink Maybe she's sincerely appreciative of Charles's help and welcome. Maybe she's delighted by having a father figure after not being close to her father for years. I don't know. But I do know Meghan is much smarter than Kate.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 04:19:33 AM »

Can someone please take away Priyanka's wifi?

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 04:35:50 AM »

Agree.  This is beginning to sound like some Mosh-PR team BS.  Up next, Sparkles solves global warming and makes poverty history all by giggling and carrying around a tote bag.
Mrs Soprano

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 05:11:26 AM »

Agree.  This is beginning to sound like some Mosh-PR team BS.  Up next, Sparkles solves global warming and makes poverty history all by giggling and carrying around a tote bag.

My mother always said to “beware of charming men” and she was correct. I believe it’s the same with women. So, she’s done a Diana and flitted off to India to assist the poor, disadvantaged women with a camera in tow;  another gig since meeting Hazard (2017). Then, batts her eyelashes, simpers, titters, sways her hips and charms Chuck. I suspect she is going to out-Mosh Mosh.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 05:14:29 AM »

Agree.  This is beginning to sound like some Mosh-PR team BS.  Up next, Sparkles solves global warming and makes poverty history all by giggling and carrying around a tote bag.

My mother always said to “beware of charming men” and she was correct. I believe it’s the same with women. So, she’s done a Diana and flitted off to India to assist the poor, disadvantaged women with a camera in tow;  another gig since meeting Hazard (2017). Then, batts her eyelashes, simpers, titters, sways her hips and charms Chuck. I suspect she is going to out-Mosh Mosh.

She's got far more charm than Mosh ever could dream of having, so I think you're right.  Star
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 05:21:24 AM »

You gotta give it to Rachel sugars. They will not stop until it’s imprinted that she is the monarchy’s saviour.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 05:48:49 AM »

I only the sugars understood that excessive PR is ultimately going to do harm not good.   The media will be happy to tear her down and the more you build someone up the longer and harder the fall.   Also the sugars don't get that Meghan is in a supporting role for the rest of her life.  She is to support her husband, whoever is the reigning monarch, and approved charities.   She will never change the monarchy or whatever they think.

What also gets to me, as someone who works for a charity, is one speech and a handful of visits (photo-ops) does not a humanitarian make.   Actions speak much louder than words.   Take my CEO for example, last year after a fundraising gala finished he came to a volunteer event a hour away, greeted the staff, and then worked his butt off with the volunteers.   Not one volunteer knew who he was because his motivation was to support our staff who were all working until midnight that night.   He even gave the supervisor a Starbucks gift card since we had to be back to work the next morning a 8 am and he wanted the staff to get good coffee (he would have gotten it himself but was flying home that morning).

Meghan needs to shut up and let her actions speak for themselves.   To me her motivation is not one of charity or empathy for her fellow man but one of self promotion.   As an actress that might have been ok (or on brand) but as a HRH that will no longer fly.   New Diana, healing wounds, and warring Windsors are the last headline the grey men want and it will come back to bite her.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 05:57:39 AM »

Agree.  This is beginning to sound like some Mosh-PR team BS.  Up next, Sparkles solves global warming and makes poverty history all by giggling and carrying around a tote bag.

I don't believe that Megs is blushing modestly and saying 'oh please don't make a big deal out of my little contribution'. I don't understand the bolded. How does Priyanka factor in, is she writing the articles.  Blush

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 06:33:03 AM »

99% of what Meghan intends to do as a member of the BRF has come from the media, mainly newspaper articles speaking for her or people saying she said this, that and the other. She has said nothing publicly herself apart from her and Harry's engagement interview and a few words, months ago, at a Heads Together seminar.
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 07:58:42 AM »

May 26
Meghan’s magic touch: How the new Duchess of Sussex has healed the wounds of the warring Windsors and helped Prince Harry finally bury the hatchet with Charles

Amid so many touching moments in St George’s Chapel, two simple, whispered words seemed barely to register.

Indeed, when a visibly nervous Prince Harry turned to his father, who had just walked his glamorous bride down the aisle, and said ‘Thanks Pa’, few others would have heard him at all. Yet when they were repeated just three days later at a Buckingham Palace garden party to mark the Prince of Wales’s forthcoming 70th birthday, the depth of gratitude rang out loud and clear.

Harry marked the occasion with a speech of self-deprecation and rare warmth, saying: ‘Pa, while I know that you’ve asked that today not be about you, you must forgive me if I don’t listen to you. Much like when I was younger. Instead, I ask everyone here to say a huge thank you to you, for your incredible work.’

Yet the relationship between this father and his two princely sons has not always been so cordial, with the boys seeming frosty and at times belligerent towards Charles. So Harry’s new-found generosity towards the Prince of Wales is significant indeed.

The past few months have seen a remarkable thawing between Charles and Harry – and that the person behind this about-face is the Prince’s new bride, Meghan. William too has been far from deferential towards Charles. Palace insiders say that the Duke of Cambridge has even been known to raise his voice at his father. And when Charles chose to maintain a dignified silence during the 20th anniversary of Diana’s death last year, there was speculation this was an expression of a family rift.

Yet Meghan has brought with her a new and unexpected dynamic, and not just because she, too, has grown up negotiating a fractured family. (Even before the wedding, Harry had remarked that Meghan regarded the Windsors as ‘the family she never had’). More than that, it is her newfound relationship with Charles that is proving to be key.

‘Meghan met Charles and was bowled over by his charm,’ said a family source. ‘She told Harry he was wonderful: welcoming, warm, hard-working kind and stable. Never before had Charles shown so much support towards one of Harry’s girlfriends, and Harry was visibly moved. ‘There has been a wedding bonus for all the family: a sort of mega-watt warming effect,’ said the friend.

Meghan, meanwhile, has actively charmed her new father-in-law. She consulted Charles about the music for the wedding, while the Prince of Wales has taken time to discuss the complexities of life in ‘The Firm’. It helps that Meghan is fascinated by Royal history – more so than her husband – and sources say she is poring over lever-arch files of notes as she studies the Commonwealth.

Charles sees his work ethic and his passion for philanthropy reflected in Meghan, who has campaigned to raise awareness of women’s issues. It will not have escaped his notice that she shares his belief in organic food. Camilla, too, has played her part as a sort of ‘super-granny’, dispensing humorous, down-to-earth advice to Meghan. It is understood that the two ‘outsiders’ have become friends – they were seen clasping hands as they greeted one another at the Palace on Tuesday.

‘She made it clear that he should appreciate him and bond more.’

In turn, Charles, with a twinkle in his eye, has been completely taken with her, telling friends: ‘She is so intelligent and so nice. She makes Harry happy. We could not like her more.’

What the actual fuck?

BP needs to shut this shit down NOW.

I have always thought that BP should  control the PR but if this new PR offensive from KP or whoever this is doesn't wake them up to the necessity of the streamlined PR then all the grey men are collectively stupid and incompetent.
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 08:08:28 AM »

The tabloid Press has always played these games. A sort of Good Cop, Bad Cop. Salvos of nasty, grubby, gossipy, snarky stuff on a particular Royal or soon to be Royal comes out for days, sometimes weeks, (and we saw it in the last weeks of the engagement with Meghan) followed by syrupy stuff every now and again, just so they can pretend they are being nice, before the snark begins again.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 08:38:52 AM »

Yes, I would be surprised if KP had anything to do with this. It's always Bad Charles and his sons who hate him because Mummy (clearly let's ignore how close Harry is to his dad before Meghan came on the scene!). And tying Meghan, and previously Kate, to Diana because Diana was a cash cow for the media.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »

I have a suspicion that Megs probably doesn't mind being compared/heralded as the next Big D (but BETTER this time - she doesn't hate Charles!), since after all, Diana was really the start of celebrity as humanitarian (thinking post divorce here) and Megs just copies what the Popular Kids are doing anyway. Anyone with a sizeable ego wouldn't Tongue

However, this train has a real chance of jumping the tracks and plowing into the BRF foundation. You cannot let a three-sided narrative develop here - the Cambs, the Sussex', and the PoW because ultimately it will be those three alone when Charles is In Charge. You cant have two ganging up on the third, especially if the third is going to be the future king. And I really hate to say it but don't forget there is a fourth set of media power players in the background with heavy, decades long experience themselves who aren't about to let their daughter look bad.

This all goes back to the basics of storywriting or acting - show, don't tell.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:39:34 AM by Sondra Finchley » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: