Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Meghan's image - manipulated and polished  (Read 144391 times)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 09:25:20 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...nt-isnt-crazy-sounds.html

The idea alone ...
But fits right into the narrative of singlehandedly saving the world. With Harry as FLOTUS.

For this, KP felt the need to comment the "source" would be fictitious ...
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »

Sondra, what's the DRF that you referred to in your last post?  Is it the Diana Memorial Fund that closed in 2013, or just a typo?
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 10:14:31 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...nt-isnt-crazy-sounds.html

The idea alone ...
But fits right into the narrative of singlehandedly saving the world. With Harry as FLOTUS.

For this, KP felt the need to comment the "source" would be fictitious ...
Stranger things have been known to happen  Nerves. Doesn't Megs have to relinquish her US citizenship to be part of the BRF? If yes, how easy is it to re-apply once relinquished?  Thinking

(ADDED): there was a discussion about the IRS and access to BRF financial records if she didn't relinquish her US citizenship .
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:21:56 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »

Sondra, what's the DRF that you referred to in your last post?  Is it the Diana Memorial Fund that closed in 2013, or just a typo?

Typo - I was just so excited about Derf's birthday I got ahead of myself! Tongue

Amended.
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »

Thankyou!  Thumb up
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 12:16:30 PM »

Articles like this are counterproductive.

They'll appeal to the converted because of confirmation bias.  'I believe Meghan is awesome.  This article confirms it yay!'

For others - particularly those of us who know intimately how PR circles work, we see what it is.  A camp curating an on brand narrative for the masses. 

The purpose of this for someone so far down the line is nothing more than ego.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 12:27:39 PM »

FYI: Kate is O/T.
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 01:17:39 PM »

I only the sugars understood that excessive PR is ultimately going to do harm not good.   The media will be happy to tear her down and the more you build someone up the longer and harder the fall.   Also the sugars don't get that Meghan is in a supporting role for the rest of her life.  She is to support her husband, whoever is the reigning monarch, and approved charities.   She will never change the monarchy or whatever they think.

What also gets to me, as someone who works for a charity, is one speech and a handful of visits (photo-ops) does not a humanitarian make.   Actions speak much louder than words.   Take my CEO for example, last year after a fundraising gala finished he came to a volunteer event a hour away, greeted the staff, and then worked his butt off with the volunteers.   Not one volunteer knew who he was because his motivation was to support our staff who were all working until midnight that night.   He even gave the supervisor a Starbucks gift card since we had to be back to work the next morning a 8 am and he wanted the staff to get good coffee (he would have gotten it himself but was flying home that morning).

Meghan needs to shut up and let her actions speak for themselves.   To me her motivation is not one of charity or empathy for her fellow man but one of self promotion.   As an actress that might have been ok (or on brand) but as a HRH that will no longer fly.   New Diana, healing wounds, and warring Windsors are the last headline the grey men want and it will come back to bite her.

Caroline. Is it werid to say I love you for this comment. Because you literally said what I was I thinking but in a more polite manner.

I agree with all of this. Rachel needs to let her actions speak louder. I always side eye people who has to televise so to speak the charity work they do. I know at the end of the day no matter theor agenda they are bringing awareness but I also feel that they arenít genuine. They just want it down their resume for the public to see ďoh look Iím rich but I give back.Ē

Also itís a JOB for them. The sugars donít care. Even if this relationship goes sour they will say she won or whatever. Which she has either way.

Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 01:27:52 PM »

I only the sugars understood that excessive PR is ultimately going to do harm not good.   The media will be happy to tear her down and the more you build someone up the longer and harder the fall.   Also the sugars don't get that Meghan is in a supporting role for the rest of her life.  She is to support her husband, whoever is the reigning monarch, and approved charities.   She will never change the monarchy or whatever they think.

What also gets to me, as someone who works for a charity, is one speech and a handful of visits (photo-ops) does not a humanitarian make.   Actions speak much louder than words.   Take my CEO for example, last year after a fundraising gala finished he came to a volunteer event a hour away, greeted the staff, and then worked his butt off with the volunteers.   Not one volunteer knew who he was because his motivation was to support our staff who were all working until midnight that night.   He even gave the supervisor a Starbucks gift card since we had to be back to work the next morning a 8 am and he wanted the staff to get good coffee (he would have gotten it himself but was flying home that morning).

Meghan needs to shut up and let her actions speak for themselves.   To me her motivation is not one of charity or empathy for her fellow man but one of self promotion.   As an actress that might have been ok (or on brand) but as a HRH that will no longer fly.   New Diana, healing wounds, and warring Windsors are the last headline the grey men want and it will come back to bite her.

Caroline. Is it werid to say I love you for this comment. Because you literally said what I was I thinking but in a more polite manner.

I agree with all of this. Rachel needs to let her actions speak louder. I always side eye people who has to televise so to speak the charity work they do. I know at the end of the day no matter theor agenda they are bringing awareness but I also feel that they arenít genuine. They just want it down their resume for the public to see ďoh look Iím rich but I give back.Ē

Also itís a JOB for them. The sugars donít care. Even if this relationship goes sour they will say she won or whatever. Which she has either way.

Not weird at all.   Thanks for the support.    Beer
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 02:01:04 PM »

May 26
TALK OF THE TOWN: India sees Meghan as the new Diana after she visited Mumbai women's charity wearing traditional dress
Is Meghan the new Diana? Thatís the question gripping Indiaís press after the discovery of a picture of the Duchess of Sussex. The image of Meghan in a sari and wearing a bindi on her forehead echoes photos of Diana wearing a bindi in India in 1992. Meghan was visiting a Mumbai womenís charity Ė the Myna Mahila Foundation Ė in January 2017.  She proved her commitment to the charity by inviting four of its female organisers, including founder Suhani Jalota, to her wedding.

Myna, which provides sanitary products for women in India and tackles taboo issues such as menstrual hygiene, was one of seven charities nominated for gift donations by the couple.

Poor reporting (what's new?!) by who ever wrote that article. She is not wearing a sari but a kurti over jeans - very sensible garment combination if you are a traveller in India. A red bindhi traditionally signifies that she is a married women. If the point of the article is that she is honouring Indian tradition, this is a fail.  I wonder whether the kurti was a better fit than the Misha Noonoo husband shirt. Anyway, bindhis and sarees and kurtis have crossed over  ..so what is the big deal? symbols, symbol, symbols - soooo very tiring.

Star Star Sondra Finchley, Oh_Caroline  ..the poster who said that she just copying what the cool kids are doing (can not find that post Blush ), here is an idea of what is going on in area of menstrual hygiene in slums and rural areas in India and high profile activits/patrons involved. No doubt the H&Ms patronage will be a source of good works but just one of many. I hope the hype around their involvements does not obscure the work done by many NGOs and social entrepreneurs in the field for far longer - but isn't that the way of the world: "he who shouts the loudest ... or has access to the biggest megaphone"

In any event, what kind of a feminist would she be if she didn't care about women's basic biology? Roll Eyes

The reigning Miss World also wants in and she has the backing of the Miss World organisation:
http://www.rediff.com/get...oject-shakti/20171123.htm

government initiative:
https://timesofindia.indi.../articleshow/50006884.cms
http://unicef.in/Story/57...e-girl-child-A-Case-Study
http://www.ecoideaz.com/s...real-life-padman-padwoman
https://www.thenewsminute...ibility-still-issue-79451
https://www.shethepeople....-and-yous-menstrual-cups/
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 03:16:46 PM »

Not weird at all.   Thanks for the support.    Beer

Beer anytime really. A lot you on here actually see the bigger picture. Not like my other forum where they just care that she married up.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 04:34:52 PM »

What interesting timing for this photo to leak.

Having worked with celebrities for decades, nothing is accidental so it's all very curious.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »

It's not only interesting timing for the photo to leak, but it's also interesting when it was taken.  This isn't showing a pre-Harry humanitarian interest.

Now, she may well have developed a sincere interest in this since this meeting, but let's not use it as part of a narrative that she was always a great humanitarian.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »

I'm sorry. I just have to post a contrarian's view.

When some royals don't work, we criticize them. Now when someone who does, we are critical because her motive isn't pure??? Maybe she was preoccupied with making a living before Harry to devote much time to charity, like a lot of us. Maybe she now finally has the chance to do so. I don't know.  But aren't all royals doing charity work with some PR in mind? Diana was masterful in that. As long as Meghan sincerely trying to learn different charities and put the work in, does it matter why she's doing it now but not before?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:49:39 PM by Laprincess » Logged
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »

LA, you know better than anyone that this is RD and opinions are just that, and they always differ.  One person's 'She's great' is another person's 'She's got great timing'.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: