Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Meghan's image - manipulated and polished  (Read 74147 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2018, 07:04:26 AM »

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet - Piers Morgan calling Rachel a “ruthless social climbing actress”.

He isn’t my cup of tea but he has been given unusual latitude by his editors on this...and I’m sure KP and BP had advance notice on this and took no pre-emptive measures.

https://www.dailymail.co....ess-used-getting-way.html

Rachel? Her name is Meghan.

Maria, I had always understood that her birth name was Rachel Meghan Markle.  I was correctly admonished in a private message that another name, innocuous, for her could be construed as inappropriate.  I have used “Rachel” for her as an alternative, and in an attempt to call back to her family origins without being mis-interpreted as being racially offensive or sexist.

Another member has been told off several times and ultimately warned for trying to make “Rachel” a thing. I guess you haven’t see that? The use of nicknames is tricky at times but I am not down with Rachel or MM in this case.

Please let me know in a pm who told you off instead of taking it further in the threads.
mariposa

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2018, 07:50:45 AM »

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet - Piers Morgan calling Rachel a “ruthless social climbing actress”.

He isn’t my cup of tea but he has been given unusual latitude by his editors on this...and I’m sure KP and BP had advance notice on this and took no pre-emptive measures.

Maria, I had always understood that her birth name was Rachel Meghan Markle.  I was correctly admonished in a private message that another name, innocuous, for her could be construed as inappropriate.  I have used “Rachel” for her as an alternative, and in an attempt to call back to her family origins without being mis-interpreted as being racially offensive or sexist.

Another member has been told off several times and ultimately warned for trying to make “Rachel” a thing. I guess you haven’t see that? The use of nicknames is tricky at times but I am not down with Rachel or MM in this case.

Please let me know in a pm who told you off instead of taking it further in the threads.

Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2018, 09:27:42 AM »

Maria, I had always understood that her birth name was Rachel Meghan Markle.  I was correctly admonished in a private message that another name, innocuous, for her could be construed as inappropriate.  I have used “Rachel” for her as an alternative, and in an attempt to call back to her family origins without being mis-interpreted as being racially offensive or sexist.

Names are interesting - my birth certificate has a first name that I am not known by and only called as a "joke" by my family - ie I am M*** S****** legally but known by my second name. My mother was advised that in her will she had to name me as S****** R*** but also legally named as Mary S R****  as per the Birth Certificate ... to make sure that there was no doubt as to her intention
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:56:09 AM by Princess MS » Logged
Lucyj

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »

I think any bad press is good for some self reflection.

If Meghan has never mistreated the staff then there will be no more of that nonsense in the future.
If she has mistreated the staff then there will be some adjustments on her part.
If she refuses to adjust then the smoke will turn to fire and people will be scorched.

As for Meghan making Kate cry, that's just the pot calling the kettle black.
Come on.  Stop with that L.A. Mean Girl Behavior.
If a titled prince and a tiara were always her aspirations, what's all the talk about work?!
If they weren't her aspirations, then what honest work will Meghan be doing?  Hmmmmm.

There won’t be a lot of occasions where I’ll defend Meghan, but today I will.
In her defense, if Kate cried it was probably because she just gave birth/was about to give birth and was exhausted and very hormonal-emotional.
She who never had to deal with PMS/hormonal weeping sessions cast the first stone.

On another forum I visit, people were talking about the latest  Meghan "revelations".

One poster claimed to know someone who was involved in the wedding preparations, who, in turn, had got to know some of the KP staff in so doing.

If this poster was telling the truth, then the air freshener story was true.  Meghan wanted the atomisers and when she was told she couldn't, she tried to get PH to pull rank.  The Queen had to tell him no.

The story with Charlotte was that she was misbehaving  at the dress fitting, as toddlers are prone to.  Meghan  had a go at Kate for not getting her under control and when Kate got upset, PH intervened, but talking Meghan's side.  Later on, William stood up for Kate, but the whole thing helped to deepen the rift between the two brothers.

Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »

I think any bad press is good for some self reflection.

If Meghan has never mistreated the staff then there will be no more of that nonsense in the future.
If she has mistreated the staff then there will be some adjustments on her part.
If she refuses to adjust then the smoke will turn to fire and people will be scorched.

As for Meghan making Kate cry, that's just the pot calling the kettle black.
Come on.  Stop with that L.A. Mean Girl Behavior.
If a titled prince and a tiara were always her aspirations, what's all the talk about work?!
If they weren't her aspirations, then what honest work will Meghan be doing?  Hmmmmm.

There won’t be a lot of occasions where I’ll defend Meghan, but today I will.
In her defense, if Kate cried it was probably because she just gave birth/was about to give birth and was exhausted and very hormonal-emotional.
She who never had to deal with PMS/hormonal weeping sessions cast the first stone.

On another forum I visit, people were talking about the latest  Meghan "revelations".

One poster claimed to know someone who was involved in the wedding preparations, who, in turn, had got to know some of the KP staff in so doing.

If this poster was telling the truth, then the air freshener story was true.  Meghan wanted the atomisers and when she was told she couldn't, she tried to get PH to pull rank.  The Queen had to tell him no.

The story with Charlotte was that she was misbehaving  at the dress fitting, as toddlers are prone to.  Meghan  had a go at Kate for not getting her under control and when Kate got upset, PH intervened, but talking Meghan's side.  Later on, William stood up for Kate, but the whole thing helped to deepen the rift between the two brothers.

This just sounds like normal human behaviour to me.  If you ignore the fact they are royals, they are just acting like ordinary people sorting out the conflicts that arise in their lives.  The incoming bride thought the six hundred year old church smelt bad and wanted to use air freshener, and when told she couldn't do it she asked her fiancee to do what he could, but his old grandmother, who apparently thinks the place smells fine, said no.  The fiancee's brother's child was making a nuisance of herself at a dress fitting and the bride-to-be told the child's mother to get the child under control, and the mother got upset; the fiancee not surprisingly took his girl's side, and his brother not surprisingly took his wife's side.  It's no big deal, IMO, just people being human. Relationships between siblings change as their lives progress and they pair up and bring a new person into the mix, and form their own families and produce children.  The dynamics change and the member of the pair who was submissive when it was just the two of them becomes assertive when his change of circumstances makes him a fiancee then husband then father-to-be. He is no longer just the younger brother and has other priorities.   
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »

Telling off a mother - who just had a baby even - how she should deal with her child is first class bitch move. Especially when you’re not a parent yourself. I really hope that’s not true.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that Meg had a go at Nanny Maria at Charlotte's dress fitting.  Kate stepped in, and it escalated from there.

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: December 06, 2018, 01:06:57 PM »

The incoming bride thought the six hundred year old church smelt bad and wanted to use air freshener, and when told she couldn't do it she asked her fiancee to do what he could, but his old grandmother, who apparently thinks the place smells fine, said no.

The problem being that we're talking about a very old historic site where things like atomisers can cause damage to the delicate/prone to damage surfaces (never mind potentially triggering allergic reactions); compounding this is an incoming in-law who thinks that this is how the world works; "what Meghan wants is what Meghan gets" is taken too far, and when you have to bother the queen with crap like this, you know it got ridiculous.

The fiancee's brother's child was making a nuisance of herself at a dress fitting and the bride-to-be told the child's mother to get the child under control, and the mother got upset;

This is all too common; however, leaks subsequent to this event indicate that Meghan was probably not really diplomatic about it - she was probably a raging beeyotch. If Charlotte was being a little pain in the butt, certainly a comment or even a strong directive about it shouldn't reduce anyone, let alone Kate, to tears (immediately post-partum or not).

the fiancee not surprisingly took his girl's side, and his brother not surprisingly took his wife's side.  It's no big deal, IMO, just people being human. Relationships between siblings change as their lives progress and they pair up and bring a new person into the mix, and form their own families and produce children.  The dynamics change and the member of the pair who was submissive when it was just the two of them becomes assertive when his change of circumstances makes him a fiancee then husband then father-to-be. He is no longer just the younger brother and has other priorities.

But here again, we're talking about the Savior Saint of Woke, who believes her own legend - nothing in this situation is normal as you and I know it. I have a feeling she's a terribly toxic person that has elevated the absolutely normal occurrences you state become a nightmare. The fact that the press pack seems to have ended the media honeymoon prematurely to me gives these swirling rumors more validity than I'd otherwise give them.

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2018, 01:09:52 PM »

if this story is true, it only confirms the impression I have of this young woman, she is stupid  Roll Eyes
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2018, 01:25:50 PM »

Telling off a mother - who just had a baby even - how she should deal with her child is first class bitch move. Especially when you’re not a parent yourself. I really hope that’s not true.

“I was a perfect mother before I had kids.” I don’t remember where I heard that, but it applies here.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: December 06, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »

if this story is true, it only confirms the impression I have of this young woman, she is stupid  Roll Eyes

Hardly a young woman, Sparkles is knocking on 40's door and has had more life experience than the other 3 parties in this saga put together. As such I expect more from her than them.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »

The incoming bride thought the six hundred year old church smelt bad and wanted to use air freshener, and when told she couldn't do it she asked her fiancee to do what he could, but his old grandmother, who apparently thinks the place smells fine, said no.

The problem being that we're talking about a very old historic site where things like atomisers can cause damage to the delicate/prone to damage surfaces (never mind potentially triggering allergic reactions); compounding this is an incoming in-law who thinks that this is how the world works; "what Meghan wants is what Meghan gets" is taken too far, and when you have to bother the queen with crap like this, you know it got ridiculous.

The fiancee's brother's child was making a nuisance of herself at a dress fitting and the bride-to-be told the child's mother to get the child under control, and the mother got upset;

This is all too common; however, leaks subsequent to this event indicate that Meghan was probably not really diplomatic about it - she was probably a raging beeyotch. If Charlotte was being a little pain in the butt, certainly a comment or even a strong directive about it shouldn't reduce anyone, let alone Kate, to tears (immediately post-partum or not).

the fiancee not surprisingly took his girl's side, and his brother not surprisingly took his wife's side.  It's no big deal, IMO, just people being human. Relationships between siblings change as their lives progress and they pair up and bring a new person into the mix, and form their own families and produce children.  The dynamics change and the member of the pair who was submissive when it was just the two of them becomes assertive when his change of circumstances makes him a fiancee then husband then father-to-be. He is no longer just the younger brother and has other priorities.

But here again, we're talking about the Savior Saint of Woke, who believes her own legend - nothing in this situation is normal as you and I know it. I have a feeling she's a terribly toxic person that has elevated the absolutely normal occurrences you state become a nightmare. The fact that the press pack seems to have ended the media honeymoon prematurely to me gives these swirling rumors more validity than I'd otherwise give them.

Holy cow, the nerve on her if that story is true. I vividly remember flower girl dress shopping with and bringing my exactly 3 year old niece to my dress fitting and of course she didn’t act perfect the entire time as she was 3! I never would have dared lecture my sister in law & did nothing but try to distract and entertain the girl out of her little fit. I would sincerely hope this has been twisted and maybe Charlotte acted up and that stressed Kate out in itself, not Meghan lecturing Kate or snapping at Charlotte. But to be honest the preponderance of evidence on M’s behavior indicates she was totally capable of going bridezilla on a toddler and their pregnant mother.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2018, 05:28:00 PM »

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that Meg had a go at Nanny Maria at Charlotte's dress fitting.  Kate stepped in, and it escalated from there.

I could easily see that scenario.

Well, let's see how 'behaved' Meghan's 3-year old will be, and if somebody has to remind her how she reacted to Charlotte.

Pity, that Mia wasn't a flower girl, she'd given Meghan a run for her money, and if she pulled that crap with Zara, because Zara would have ripped her a new one. Zara doesn't do stupid.

Glad to hear, Kate was standing behind Maria and backing her up.

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: December 06, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »

Also Charlotte had just had her third birthday. (Even a few months makes a big difference in childhood development.) Also there was a new infant in the house and Charlotte would have been going the through the same adjustments as any child when a new one joins the family.  Smiley
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2018, 05:45:31 PM »

I could easily see that scenario.

Well, let's see how 'behaved' Meghan's 3-year old will be, and if somebody has to remind her how she reacted to Charlotte.

Pity, that Mia wasn't a flower girl, she'd given Meghan a run for her money, and if she pulled that crap with Zara, because Zara would have ripped her a new one. Zara doesn't do stupid.

Glad to hear, Kate was standing behind Maria and backing her up.

It’s believable to me too. I wondered what member of staff was important enough to cause a family ruction over, I wouldn’t ordinarily see that happening. But Nanny Maria I could definitely see them going to the wall over.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: