Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Meghan's image - manipulated and polished  (Read 74152 times)
jolene

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2018, 05:55:36 PM »

The problem being that we're talking about a very old historic site where things like atomisers can cause damage to the delicate/prone to damage surfaces (never mind potentially triggering allergic reactions); compounding this is an incoming in-law who thinks that this is how the world works; "what Meghan wants is what Meghan gets" is taken too far, and when you have to bother the queen with crap like this, you know it got ridiculous.
I've mentioned before that this summer I was in that chapel and it smelled fine. Additionally, you're not even allowed to take pictures in there and I figure that is in case of flash damaging ancient tapestries and artifacts. I can imagine them being told a big no about air fresheners. Another poster commented that with all the flowers the place probably smelled good.
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2018, 07:59:06 PM »

The problem being that we're talking about a very old historic site where things like atomisers can cause damage to the delicate/prone to damage surfaces (never mind potentially triggering allergic reactions); compounding this is an incoming in-law who thinks that this is how the world works; "what Meghan wants is what Meghan gets" is taken too far, and when you have to bother the queen with crap like this, you know it got ridiculous.
I've mentioned before that this summer I was in that chapel and it smelled fine. Additionally, you're not even allowed to take pictures in there and I figure that is in case of flash damaging ancient tapestries and artifacts. I can imagine them being told a big no about air fresheners. Another poster commented that with all the flowers the place probably smelled good.

A lot of Meghan defenders said it HAD to be made up because the churches could have candles and they could have got scented ones.... um I couldn't imagine asking my priest if I could switch out the churches candles for some nicer scented ones.  But logic defies people.

I imagine she's not a church goer. So, to her, the church was considered a customizable venue, versus a holy house of worship.
Oh_Caroline

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2018, 08:07:12 PM »

James Corden almost had an allergic reaction to the flowers.  As a former hospital volunteer I know that scents and allergies is something to be very careful with.

https://www.dailymail.co....ng-allergic-reaction.html
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: December 06, 2018, 08:20:19 PM »

I can see being stressed because you're getting married, let alone marrying a prince, but in the case of Charlotte, you just don't do that. That would have been an excellent opportunity to learn how to keep your mouth shut. Mamas are protective of their babies and don't take any criticisms of parenting very well.
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »

I can see being stressed because you're getting married, let alone marrying a prince, but in the case of Charlotte, you just don't do that. That would have been an excellent opportunity to learn how to keep your mouth shut. Mamas are protective of their babies and don't take any criticisms of parenting very well.

She believes in "karma" (not understanding it's true meaning) and pregnant with own. She'll find out the hard way they act up, especially once visitors are gone. 

She's close to her mom now, but I know her mom wasn't around for a lot of her childhood, it'll be interesting to see what parenting style she takes on.  More her dad's over-compensating give them everything,  or Dorias current projection of reserve.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »

A lot of Meghan defenders said it HAD to be made up because the churches could have candles and they could have got scented ones.... um I couldn't imagine asking my priest if I could switch out the churches candles for some nicer scented ones.  But logic defies people.

I imagine she's not a church goer. So, to her, the church was considered a customizable venue, versus a holy house of worship.

Perhaps itís easy for those fans to forget in an ever more secular world, but St. Georgeís is a sacred place as well as delicately historic. Iím trembling in fear just imagining my parish priests reaction at the suggestion of either switching candles or the atomizer. (The candles especially)

Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »

Perhaps it’s easy for those fans to forget in an ever more secular world, but St. George’s is a sacred place as well as delicately historic. I’m trembling in fear just imagining my parish priests reaction at the suggestion of either switching candles or the atomizer. (The candles especially)
My church was built in the 1970s, and we don't bring in candles from Bath and Body works, we use specific liturgical candles. Actually, we got a new priest a few years ago, and he told us we were using the wrong candle for our peace candle so we got the correct one.

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »

Perhaps itís easy for those fans to forget in an ever more secular world, but St. Georgeís is a sacred place as well as delicately historic. Iím trembling in fear just imagining my parish priests reaction at the suggestion of either switching candles or the atomizer. (The candles especially)
My church was built in the 1970s, and we don't bring in candles from Bath and Body works, we use specific liturgical candles. Actually, we got a new priest a few years ago, and he told us we were using the wrong candle for our peace candle so we got the correct one.

Iím assuming it would be the same for C o E but as a Catholic the candles are very specific for a reason. This whole issue reeks of hollywood entitlement and the church was just another prop to Sparkles. No other meaning or importance associated with it. I just had the thought that maybe thatís why they have them the cottage as opposed to the house at Frogmore. Less concern about historically destructive construction plans.

Oh_Caroline

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2018, 08:54:22 PM »

Frogmore Cottage is Grade II Listed so there will still be numerous rules about what and how it can renovate.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2018, 09:00:32 PM »

I wouldn't even WANT my church to smell like a Jo Malone shop ...
Old churches smell after history, tears, joy, and a bit mouldy, a bit after candle fume ... and the maximum scent allowed is frankincense, following the liturgy.
It has been that way for centuries and it will be same for the next centuries as well.

And heck, yes, if you bring in a ton of roses as decoration, you will certainly have some rose scent. But natural one.

If she wanted to walk down the aisle surrounded by Givenchy Amarige, she should have married in the town hall.
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2018, 11:24:43 PM »

Maybe it's because I've never had children so that motherhood hormone that makes women tolerant of children's behaviour and/or tune out when they are behaving abominably has never kicked in, but the sound of a small screaming child or the presence of a misbehaving child can drive me to distraction and I would have no trouble telling the mother, pregnant or not, to do something to make it stop, especially if the event was something to do with my wedding.
gildinwen

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »

Maybe it's because I've never had children so that motherhood hormone that makes women tolerant of children's behaviour and/or tune out when they are behaving abominably has never kicked in, but the sound of a small screaming child or the presence of a misbehaving child can drive me to distraction and I would have no trouble telling the mother, pregnant or not, to do something to make it stop, especially if the event was something to do with my wedding.

I'm not a mother either but even I know not to tell off a misbehaving child when her mother is *right there* especially when said mother is still pregnant or has just recently given birth. You don't do that.
Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2018, 12:12:16 AM »

I think there is a misunderstanding that mothers are fine with their child misbehaving or that we simply donít care enough to reign them in.

I have two children, a 4 year old who is a lot like Leonore if Sweden and she is a handful. I also have a 2 year old in the midst of separation anxiety. As a mother, I would never want my child to openly misbehave. I never want to be embarrassed by my childrenís behavior. I would love it if my children were always well behaved and listening to direction. But they are children and children are not meant to be perfectly behaved all the time.

Since you havenít had children, you may not understand that children have minds of their own. They are capable of making decisions of their own that normally fly in the face of their parents wishes. I can tell my kids to sit quietly and not run round. They are successful for about 3 minutes and then the gremlin that sits on their shoulder tells them to make a break for it and be free.

I know this seems like itís common sense and Iím not trying to be condescending. Non mothers often feel like mothers can snap their fingers and make children obey.

That said, if anyone ever told me to get my kid under control, I would first count to ten (so I donít punch you) and then tell them to have at it. Mother or non mother has no business, especially in this day and age, telling a parent how to deal with their child.
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2018, 12:35:29 AM »

I think there is a misunderstanding that mothers are fine with their child misbehaving or that we simply donít care enough to reign them in.

I have two children, a 4 year old who is a lot like Leonore if Sweden and she is a handful. I also have a 2 year old in the midst of separation anxiety. As a mother, I would never want my child to openly misbehave. I never want to be embarrassed by my childrenís behavior. I would love it if my children were always well behaved and listening to direction. But they are children and children are not meant to be perfectly behaved all the time.

Since you havenít had children, you may not understand that children have minds of their own. They are capable of making decisions of their own that normally fly in the face of their parents wishes. I can tell my kids to sit quietly and not run round. They are successful for about 3 minutes and then the gremlin that sits on their shoulder tells them to make a break for it and be free.

I know this seems like itís common sense and Iím not trying to be condescending. Non mothers often feel like mothers can snap their fingers and make children obey.

That said, if anyone ever told me to get my kid under control, I would first count to ten (so I donít punch you) and then tell them to have at it. Mother or non mother has no business, especially in this day and age, telling a parent how to deal with their child.

Star
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: December 07, 2018, 12:36:34 AM »

Hang in there Antevorta. Hug These years  can be challenging.

If Meghan reportedly had issue with the behavior very young three year old like Charlotte, then I have to wonder how much time she's actually spent with  young children. Thinking The next few years might be very illuminating to her.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: