Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Articles about the four  (Read 18277 times)
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2018, 10:49:18 PM »

Harry sounds very immature and selfish. We’ve harped on William for being like that for years, but Harry seems worse to me Huh? I am sure William throws hissyfits but the effects of those are contained. This situation seems to be just escalating, simply because Harry isn’t getting his way. Heavy shades of Andrew-like behaviour!

Shades of Andrew and Edward VII.  History repeating itself.

I think you mean Edward VIII not Edward VII.

Edward VII made his own way round his mother's refusal to have him know, officially, what was happening in the country and even ended up a much loved and much mourned monarch.

Edward VIII had a lot of advantages Edward VII was denied e.g. a father who did let him know what was happening officially but he threw it away when he showed himself to be an inept monarch who couldn't be trusted with official documents and so when Wallis presented herself the government was able to get rid of him.

Harry, fortunately won't ever be King. He will simply become less important as William's children grow and as there are three of them he will drop to insignificance even faster than Andrew who really was still important until William and Harry started doing royal duties on any scale about 4 - 5 years ago and Andrew also managed to spend over 20 years in the military and reached higher ranks than Harry on merit whereas Harry quit when he was told he had to do a few years as a desk officer to have a chance of being promoted to major - better to quit and just get the promotions ever five years automatically because he is a royal (yes Andrew gets the automatic promotions now as well as do the Kent's but all of them managed to spend over 20 years in the military).

William is stepping up his number of engagements and is 6th/7th on the list (according to the poster on TRF) this year doing about the same number as Camilla but still well behind his father and his father's siblings all of whom have done well over 300 for the year and the Queen is approaching 300.

You are absolutely right, I did mean Edward VIII...could have sworn I hit that "I" three times but  clearly I did not. 

Booklover

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2018, 01:03:18 AM »

Harry sounds very immature and selfish. Weíve harped on William for being like that for years, but Harry seems worse to me Huh? I am sure William throws hissyfits but the effects of those are contained. This situation seems to be just escalating, simply because Harry isnít getting his way. Heavy shades of Andrew-like behaviour!

Shades of Andrew and Edward VII.  History repeating itself.

Right down to the greedy, fame-seeking wife. Wallis 2.0.

Yes.

Wasn't it Wallis who said something like:  I am not an attractive woman so I have to dress better than anyone else?   

Wallis also said, "you can never be too rich nor too thin."  Wink
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »

I always thought the wedding date was very unfair to Kate. A big family wedding when she was only 3 weeks post partum? Even with all the nannies in the world,  she would have been feeling emotional and vulnerable especially if MM was barking commands at Charlotte.
kpzra

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2018, 02:50:36 AM »

I always thought the wedding date was very unfair to Kate. A big family wedding when she was only 3 weeks post partum? Even with all the nannies in the world,  she would have been feeling emotional and vulnerable especially if MM was barking commands at Charlotte.

Mette-Marit wasn't there (the only MM on this board).  Wink
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »

Maybe the date was chosen because of availability of the venues  or the fact that they just didn't want to wait.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2018, 10:27:30 PM »

i find the reports about the two brother row amazing, and if this reports are true i will put that on Megh back (sorry),i think she and without a doubt bring the worst of Harry,the two brothers had very close relationship after the marriage of Willian nothing seems to be changed between the two now Megh is in the picture everything is going downhell as it seem,maybe and because of her background this how the family relations are for her,rows and regular confrontation  Snore

Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2018, 04:02:33 AM »

i find the reports about the two brother row amazing, and if this reports are true i will put that on Megh back (sorry),i think she and without a doubt bring the worst of Harry,the two brothers had very close relationship after the marriage of Willian nothing seems to be changed between the two now Megh is in the picture everything is going downhell as it seem,maybe and because of her background this how the family relations are for her,rows and regular confrontation  Snore

Again I'm going to play devil's advocate.  William and Harry did have a close relationship, but it was inevitable there would be changes when they grew up. Until he found a woman of his own  to marry, Harry was the third wheel, tagging along with Wiliam and Kate and doing whatever his more dominant and prominent elder brother wanted/did.  Now he has his own wife, and a child on the way, and the dynamic is changing.  In the past he may have gone along with a lot of what his brother and his sister-in-law wanted because it was easy, but now he has to make decisions and has someone else's interests and likes and desires to take into account and assert.  And his/Meghan's wants and needs are likely not to be the same as the wants and needs of William and his family.  And Harry chose to marry a woman who is from a very different background to his sister-in-law, and a different nationality, with different experiences and different wants and interests and a different personality, and I am not surprised there are clashes.   I am unable to blame Meghan for this, if in saying "blame" it implies she is in the wrong and needs to change.  I think it is an inevitable consequence of the decision Harry made, and one he should have realised and borne in mind when he decided to marry Meghan.  Not everyone who had close relationships with their siblings as children continues to have close relationships with them when they grow up and choose partners and marry and have families of their own.
jolene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2018, 05:06:00 AM »

I'm no Meghan fan (she lost me with the Ralph & Russo engagement dress & didn't endear me with her boring but $$$ Givenchy wedding dress), but with Will inching closer and closer to PoW, it makes sense they would use different staff, etc.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2018, 05:15:03 AM »

Plus, Will is super private and Kate goes along with whatever paranoia he has about it.
That’s why Charles had to apparently force Will to let H&M spend last Christmas with W&K. 

And I’m sure all her leaking/hinting to the press didn’t help things plus the stroppy letter which exaggerated things made Will even more leery
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:13:20 AM by cordtx » Logged
Paulina

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2018, 05:25:17 AM »

Whatever one may think about Kate, discrete she certainly is. Someone like that doesnít seem to gravitate toward someone to whom discrete or discretion are simply SAT words. (SAT, a standardized test teens take to get into 4 year college) a publicity hound is not going to mesh with privacy hounds.
Blueskies

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2018, 05:36:04 AM »

Iím not quite sure what the real story is, but it seemed quite obvious from the outset that H/M are very different people than W/K.  I canít see the women getting on at all other than to be polite to each other.  Kate, in particular, would be a professional and treat M with courtesy.  But best friends?  Nope, never happen.     Harry and William have always been opposite personality types.  Further, they are on different tracks in terms of their future roles so that will divide them further.   

Personally speaking, Iím very happy we will see very little of the so-called Fab Four.  Good riddance to that concept! 
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2018, 05:38:55 AM »

My sister in law are fine certainly don't dislike eachother but we will never be close. That is just how it is, we just don't have a lot in common. If she weren't married to my brother we would never have been friends.
leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »

My sister in law are fine certainly don't dislike eachother but we will never be close. That is just how it is, we just don't have a lot in common. If she weren't married to my brother we would never have been friends.

That's how it usually is in families.

I despised my ex-brother in law but kept it civil and cordial while he was married to my sister. Now I just keep it civil for the sake of my nephews.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »

Mette-Marit wasn't there (the only MM on this board).  Wink

Star

Maria has asked that we keep ďMMĒ for Mette Marit as that has always been her nickname on RD. Also, Meghan is now a married woman and thus not even called Markle anymore. And there are a gazillion other nicknames for her to choose from. But on RD, MM will always be Mette Marit.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »

don't know if this was already posted

https://youtu.be/SKV6h_5XFbk

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: