Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Articles about the four  (Read 24865 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2018, 02:12:36 AM »

They do eat what they shoot and guests who stay with them at both Balmoral and Sandringham are always sent away with frozen birds/venison as gifts as well.

They do cull for habitat preservation as well as breed some of the birds specifically to be shot. If they weren't shot they would be breed to be killed some other way as they are breed as food.

There are very strict rules about which birds can be shot and when.

Some years ago there was an incident where a protected bird was shot at Sandringham and Harry and some of his mates were there for some shooting that weekend. No charges were ever brought because they couldn't prove who had actually show the bird although there is some suggestion that it was Harry but certainly it seems to have been one of his party if not his actual gun. Had they been able to prove who had shot the bird then there would have been criminal charges against someone and a substantial fine would have had to be paid.
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2018, 02:42:26 AM »

In all honesty, I'm surprised that William attends the hunts, considering he is the public image of banning the ivory trade and trophy hunting. You'd think he'd be consistent in all aspects of hunting.

The ‘leading by example’ chapter is missing in most royal eduction books it seems. It is 'do as I say not as I do’ leadership mostly. Wills will also argue that there is a difference between the great number of deer and the nearly extinct rhino. Snare
SvenskaSarah , ElisaRose: I am going to come out swinging for Wills here ( Nerves) - there is little/no comparison between the royal hunts (not that I have been on one, I grant you Secret) and rhinos which are literally butchered for their horns. First hand accounts of people (game rangers /game farm owners etc ..) who have come across the butchered carcasses are horrific and very emotional. His hypocrisy on over-population of the planet, however,  is  Blink
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2018, 03:22:51 AM »

In all honesty, I'm surprised that William attends the hunts, considering he is the public image of banning the ivory trade and trophy hunting. You'd think he'd be consistent in all aspects of hunting.

The ‘leading by example’ chapter is missing in most royal eduction books it seems. It is 'do as I say not as I do’ leadership mostly. Wills will also argue that there is a difference between the great number of deer and the nearly extinct rhino. Snare
SvenskaSarah , ElisaRose: I am going to come out swinging for Wills here ( Nerves) - there is little/no comparison between the royal hunts (not that I have been on one, I grant you Secret) and rhinos which are literally butchered for their horns. First hand accounts of people (game rangers /game farm owners etc ..) who have come across the butchered carcasses are horrific and very emotional. His hypocrisy on over-population of the planet, however,  is  Blink

Not sure I would "come out swinging" for William about anything  Tongue but I do acknowledge that there is a distinction between culling deer or other species that need to be controlled for the benefit of the environment generally, and the inhumane slaughter of species for their horns or their skins, or their fins for that matter.  Inhumane is inhumane whatever the species or the purpose of the killing. I am a meat eater but I would not take pleasure in killing animals at one of these shoots.    The royals do seem to enjoy killing things, but apart from these bird slaughter-fests restrict their blood lust to killing pest species like wild boars... as far as we know.  They no longer participate in tiger hunts.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »

They do eat what they shoot and guests who stay with them at both Balmoral and Sandringham are always sent away with frozen birds/venison as gifts as well.

They do cull for habitat preservation as well as breed some of the birds specifically to be shot. If they weren't shot they would be breed to be killed some other way as they are breed as food.

Some years ago there was an incident where a protected bird was shot at Sandringham and Harry and some of his mates were there for some shooting that weekend. No charges were ever brought because they couldn't prove who had actually show the bird although there is some suggestion that it was Harry but certainly it seems to have been one of his party if not his actual gun. Had they been able to prove who had shot the bird then there would have been criminal charges against someone and a substantial fine would have had to be paid.

I'm 100% sure they know who shot the bird. 

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
jnozak

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »

I'm 100% sure they know who shot the bird. 

Ya think?! 😂  Star
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2018, 01:37:57 PM »

^^^ They know.  Harry and a Van Cutsem were the only two out shooting at the time, and two hen harriers were shot and killed.  Harry and his mate were both interviewed by police.  Penalty for killing a hen harrier was 5,000 pounds or up to 6 months in gaol.  It stinks.  Real mad
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2018, 01:39:57 PM »

A brain deficient royal and a cross-eyed inbred go out to shoot at sh*t.  What did they think was going to happen? 

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2018, 03:52:07 PM »

Not sure I would "come out swinging" for William about anything  Tongue but I do acknowledge that there is a distinction between culling deer or other species that need to be controlled for the benefit of the environment generally, and the inhumane slaughter of species for their horns or their skins, or their fins for that matter.  Inhumane is inhumane whatever the species or the purpose of the killing. I am a meat eater but I would not take pleasure in killing animals at one of these shoots.    The royals do seem to enjoy killing things, but apart from these bird slaughter-fests restrict their blood lust to killing pest species like wild boars... as far as we know.  They no longer participate in tiger hunts.

I agree that there's no comparison, but it may send a message that if it's OK to kill one animal, it's OK to kill another, regardless of motives, whether it be for meat or for ivory. I didn't know that the hunts took place because of population and other issues. Hunting is also illegal in the UK, except when it comes to diseased animals, population issues etc, but there is often a big public debate about it, for examples with the badger culling. It's not widely known why the Royal hunts take place, and its a common assumption that people without hunting knowledge make, that it's the upper classes shooting and killing what they want, this creating a "them and us" complex.
I don't mean to be political here, I'm just trying to explain where I come from in my views ☺ royal hunting is not brilliant PR!
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »

I agree that there's no comparison, but it may send a message that if it's OK to kill one animal, it's OK to kill another, regardless of motives, whether it be for meat or for ivory. I didn't know that the hunts took place because of population and other issues. Hunting is also illegal in the UK, except when it comes to diseased animals, population issues etc, but there is often a big public debate about it, for examples with the badger culling. It's not widely known why the Royal hunts take place, and its a common assumption that people without hunting knowledge make, that it's the upper classes shooting and killing what they want, this creating a "them and us" complex.
I don't mean to be political here, I'm just trying to explain where I come from in my views ☺ royal hunting is not brilliant PR!

His credibility is tarnished when you consider that most of the birds blasted out of the sky by the British upper class have been bred solely to be killed, and in  some cases in inhumane ways.  Shooting birds has nothing to do with population control, it is all about fun.  The population of feathery targets on Sandringham are apparently managed in more traditional ways, but they are managed nevertheless, to ensure there are lots of them so the royals can get their jollies by killing them.  However, many of the toffs take advantage of modern methods and use birds bred in cages: https://www.mirror.co.uk/...s-stuffed-inside-11033856, and IMO getting out there and blasting the fat Sandringham pheasants out of the sky sends the message that he condones killing animals for fun, which is not a good look for someone who on another day gets up on a soapbox and dictates to people in other countries with totally different ways of life and economic pressures he cannot imagine, how they should live their lives. 

A few stats about the habits of the last few generations of royals: https://www.theguardian.c...onarchy.endangeredspecies  Even if William is strongly opposed to the battery hen style of breeding birds to shoot and favours natural "management" methods, his family is still killing animals for their own pleasure, and that is very iffy IMO. 
jnozak

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2018, 01:51:56 AM »

A brain deficient royal and a cross-eyed inbred go out to shoot at sh*t.  What did they think was going to happen? 

OMG.  Jumping Supercontent Laugh bounce Laughing

There aren't enough laughing emojis....
jnozak

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2018, 01:53:04 AM »

^^^ They know.  Harry and a Van Cutsem were the only two out shooting at the time, and two hen harriers were shot and killed.  Harry and his mate were both interviewed by police.  Penalty for killing a hen harrier was 5,000 pounds or up to 6 months in gaol.  It stinks.  Real mad

Oh yeah, I was agreeing with freethespoon! Sorry if that didn't come across. I appreciate her succinct way of telling it like it is.
jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2018, 06:49:29 PM »

I don't get why they don't do Christmas at Windsor. Andrew's Royal Lodge is right there and the Wessexes are down the road at Bagshot Park. At lot more space.
https://www.dailymail.co....NT-staying-Christmas.html
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »

I don't get why they don't do Christmas at Windsor. Andrew's Royal Lodge is right there and the Wessexes are down the road at Bagshot Park. At lot more space.

I know right...I would be just as easy for the Queen to head up to Sandringham on the 26th.  Of course that might affect the shoot...but I'll save my thoughts on that.
ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2018, 11:36:40 PM »

I know they changed after the Windsor Castle fire, maybe the Queen simply doesn't want to move twice over the holiday period?
It would make a lot more sense to stay at Windsor, Andrew and his family could stay there and visit the castle (Fergie would also be able to see the girls on Christmas Day), the Wessex's could stay at Bagshot and there are plenty of rooms for all the other royals. I guess maybe HM feels she would have to invite the wider family again.

I find it interesting that H&M aren't staying at Anmer for the holidays, I get the Cambridge's want their own space but it would be an easy way to kill off the feud story and it sounds as if they are going to visit the Middletons at their home asap so that suggests Kate's family won't be staying at Anmer?
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2018, 11:57:18 PM »

I believe  it is because QEII has a sentimental attachment to Sandringham that she doesn't associate with her official residences. Likely she wants to honor her father's memory and be at one of his favorite residences from late December through February for the anniversary of his passing and her ascension.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: