Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Articles about the four  (Read 43566 times)
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: February 10, 2019, 05:34:16 PM »

I found this part interesting;

Last month, the Duchess of Cambridge, 37, had a meeting with Lorraine Heggessey, CEO of the Royal Foundation while Prince Harry, 34, recently met Ms Heggessey alone, as did Prince William, 36, and the Duchess of Sussex, 37

Why does the CEO of the foundation have to meet with each of them individually? Why not all meet together? This seems like a massive waste of time
Seagull

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: February 10, 2019, 08:38:57 PM »

TALK OF THE TOWN: It's off! No reunion for the Royal 'Fab Four' as Palace insiders confirm there will be no big charity event featuring both the Cambridges and the Sussexes

It was all set to be the wonderful annual affair that would leave us in no doubt that the Cambridges and Sussexes could ‘make a difference together’.

So I am disappointed to reveal that there will be no repeat of last year’s appearance by the ‘Fab Four’ at this year’s Royal Foundation Forum.

The Royal Foundation website press release still states that the forum will be an ‘annual’ event, but a Palace source told me: ‘There will be no forum like last year with the four of them together.

‘The timing isn’t great. They should be putting on a united front.’

The Palace has confirmed that it is now accepted procedure that the couples will meet the charity at alternate board meetings.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the event.

https://www.dailymail.co....union-Royal-Fab-Four.html

These royal 'Fab Four' are much grander in name than in person, don't you think?

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”
Buddha
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2019, 08:45:51 PM »

Last month, the Duchess of Cambridge, 37, had a meeting with Lorraine Heggessey, CEO of the Royal Foundation while Prince Harry, 34, recently met Ms Heggessey alone, as did Prince William, 36, and the Duchess of Sussex, 37

Why does the CEO of the foundation have to meet with each of them individually? Why not all meet together? This seems like a massive waste of time
Conflicting time tables? When William was available, Kate was busy colouring her colouring books, when Kate was free, William needed to brush teeth and Meghan was online roasting a chicken, and so on...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Evangelina

Warned
Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2019, 11:07:34 PM »

Time, other obligations, security x4, instead of x1, the added expenses, being more noticeable with a larger security and motorcade detail...
The Charity Commission making the decisions... The different input from their different experience/educational background..
Or they all hate each other.
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2019, 11:20:12 PM »

The beautiful BAFTAs and the misguided manuscript coverage in Sunday's broadsheets is but a Dickensian tale:

The Tale of Two Duchesses:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,
It was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness,
It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity,
It was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness,
It was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair,
We had everything before us, we had nothing before us,
We were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way ..."
 - Charles Dickens, "A Tale of Two Cities"
Seagull

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2019, 10:08:57 AM »

Conflicting time tables? When William was available, Kate was busy colouring her colouring books, when Kate was free, William needed to brush teeth and Meghan was online roasting a chicken, and so on...

Haha! That's probably it.

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”
Buddha
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »

That's is telling about the Fab Four relation  Wink
Poor lady have to endure 4 meetings maybe repeating same details over and over .

SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2019, 05:08:28 PM »

I still don't understand why they won't separate this into 2 different foundations: one for the Cambridges and one for the Sussexes. That just makes sense at this point so each couple can focus on their own interests.

leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2019, 05:37:34 PM »

I still don't understand why they won't separate this into 2 different foundations: one for the Cambridges and one for the Sussexes. That just makes sense at this point so each couple can focus on their own interests.

SB that requires sense and all four have proved over again that they are sorely lacking in that department.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »

SB that requires sense and all four have proved over again that they are sorely lacking in that department.

You'll go mad if you expect this lot to exercise commonsense.

Charles wasn't involved in any foundation with his siblings at this age; they all had their own families and separate interests.  So why should the now middle-aged future king and the future queen consort be tied to his younger brother and his wife in a foundation that's really only kicking off now?  William and his family and Harry and his are going to increasingly diverge and it's time to establish those new directions for each of them not hark back to the past.
Paulina

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2019, 11:21:18 PM »

Yes, Margaret. William and Harry were seen for a long time as a pair unto themselves. It was so long with Kate joining the firm that by the time she did, everyone was long used to her, so then they were a trio. But now each of the princes with their wives and divergent interests, it makes sense that they split their foundations.

It also shows lately that Harry's image that was repaired and revamped was entirely due to exquisite PR BY the palace and not by any brights on his part. Meggers has shown him for who he really is, and it's not admirable. Just another spoiled princeling. History is full of them.
whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2019, 06:36:28 PM »

Well we all knew this day would come: The Fab Four event where they spoke about having disagreements is now in headlines

"Was this the moment William hinted at royal rift? Video resurfaces of moment the prince spoke of 'disagreements' between 'the Fab Four' during interview a year ago"

Video of Prince William and Prince Harry talking about ‘healthy disagreements’ within the Royal family has resurfaced - sparking speculation of a Royal rift.

However, while some believe the footage shot last year reveals real tensions, others say the princes were just joking.

When asked if they ever have disagreements, William says 'oh yes' and Harry chips in 'healthy disagreements'    

The video was shot when William and Kate appeared with Harry and Meghan for the first time as part of a Royal Foundation Forum charity event.    

Social media commentators have now reposted the video and say the comments are a reference to disagreements between the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex.

But others have dismissed that theory saying the princes are joking.

Prince William responds, 'oh yes' and his brother adds they 'healthy disagreements'.

But then the Duke of Sussex admits that 'they come so thick and fast' that it's difficult to pinpoint how they resolved their last row. His brother then says: 'Is it resolved? We don’t know.'

Harry steered the topic back towards the serious message, adding: 'I think it's really good we have got four different personalities and we all have that same passion to make a difference.

'We have different opinions and they work really well [together]. Working as family does have its challenges; of course it does.

'[I think] the fact that everybody is laughing shows they know 'exactly' what's it like. But we are stuck together for the rest of our lives.' Meghan added: 'Togetherness at it's finest.'

But Ms Daheley summed it up when she said: 'Well you're putting on a great show if [your last argument] is not resolved!'

https://www.dailymail.co....ts-Kate-Harry-Meghan.html
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2019, 09:28:23 PM »

I don't think the Sussexs need their own foundation.  Really they should be absorbed into Charles' or the Queen's.  But since they don't want that oversight they're staying at KP.

Does Edward or Anne have their own? If yes, then they should separate.  If not, then my opinion above is probably the reason why they stay. Well that and they'd need another group of staff to run it.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »

I don't think the Sussexs need their own foundation.  Really they should be absorbed into Charles' or the Queen's.  But since they don't want that oversight they're staying at KP.

Does Edward or Anne have their own? If yes, then they should separate.  If not, then my opinion above is probably the reason why they stay. Well that and they'd need another group of staff to run it.

I’m on my phone so I’ll add links later but...

The Princess Anne’s Charties founded in 1979

The Wessex Youth Trust founded in 1999

Plus Edward has taken over The Duke of Edinburgh Awards

Harry should really stick with Sentebale and Invictus...I have so many thought on how he could grow those (especially Invictus).
ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »

I think the time is coming for them to split the foundation. It worked when they were two brothers and even adding Kate in worked because to start she really just tagged along.

Personally I'd keep the Foundation for W&K and have Harry and MEg focus on Invictus and Sentebale. I wonder if they actually would do this were it not the feud rumours. It would be too much for the media to cope with if they did split the Foundation so until then its separate meetings, Christmas parties etc.  Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: