Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National day 6.6.2018  (Read 12754 times)
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 03:55:19 PM »

I love National Day, and I love the new photo of Estelle and Oscar.    

I hope Madeleine brings Leo to the concert later as well as Estelle.  I'm hoping we get to see all of the kids on Friday at the Christening!

Yes, I've also often wished that the Swedish males in the RF would also participate in the dressing up in traditional costumes as well. Perhaps they did years ago and the tradition just died out with CG.

I think they should dress up in the regional costumes from their duchies instead of the generic (and AFAIK newer) "made up" Swedish costume.

I agree with this as well; I think it would be far more interesting. 

Yes this would be a fun idea, although it would leave Silvia still wearing that same generic dress as the wife of the Monarch and thus representing all of Sweden (plus CG isn't technically Duke of Jämtland anymore is he? I'm genuinely unsure since technically isn't HM still Duchess of Edinburgh?)
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 04:05:59 PM »

I hope Madeleine brings Leo to the concert later as well as Estelle.  I'm hoping we get to see all of the kids on Friday at the Christening!

Yes, I've also often wished that the Swedish males in the RF would also participate in the dressing up in traditional costumes as well. Perhaps they did years ago and the tradition just died out with CG.

I think they should dress up in the regional costumes from their duchies instead of the generic (and AFAIK newer) "made up" Swedish costume.

Yes this would be a fun idea, although it would leave Silvia still wearing that same generic dress as the wife of the Monarch and thus representing all of Sweden (plus CG isn't technically Duke of Jämtland anymore is he? I'm genuinely unsure since technically isn't HM still Duchess of Edinburgh?)

According to google  (so, not totally sure Sweating) :

The current Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf became the Duke of Jämtland after his christening, he held that title until his ascension to the Swedish throne in 1973.

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 04:39:11 PM »

CG's Duchy title was returned to the Crown when he became King. 

I don't see why Silvia couldn't wear the new National costume that she designed.  Out of any of them, she would be the most appropriate to wear it. 

Once HM became Queen, she was no longer The Duchess of Edinburgh as she became The Duke of Lancaster.  She is also known as the Lord of Mann and Duke of Normandy in other areas.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 05:05:02 PM »

Yes!  That would be cool for them to dress up in their regional costumes!  That would be colorful!  And you would get the guys involved too!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »

Yes, they look amazing. It would be an opportunity to spread not just knowledge of culture and history but that very atmosphere too...
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 06:10:16 PM »

Victoria looks gorgeous wearing the white dress. White is very flattering on her and also the design of the dress compliments her figure.

I remember a see through moment during the baptism last year, there must be a photo here where is obvious, while Vic was entering the church. The artificial lighting is tricky sometimes and one may not notice if a fabric is see through.

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 06:11:32 PM »

CG, Silvia, Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar were at the first carriage at the cortege.
 I think they were going to the carriage..  
For the first time, Estelle will attend the concert.
CP wore the traditional costume when as a child he attended the celebration of the National Day. I thought Oscar would have worn it, too.

The cortege live: https://www.tv4play.se/program/nyheterna/10001587

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:06:03 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »

Oscar is looking more and more like his father every day.
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 07:29:50 PM »

It's a batio2dau miracle!! Oscar is smiling!!!!!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 08:09:20 PM »

I am surprised Sofia didn't tag along. Victoria looking good repeating the dress.

Sofia is currently shedding her skin and can't be seen in public.

Laugh bounce  Star

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »

If you want to see the concert live https://www.svtplay.se/vi...tionaldagen-6-jun-20-00-1

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:25 PM »

IMO Sofia looks messy with  her hair that way
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »

IMO Sofia looks messy with  her hair that way

Messy hair seems to be a new trend among wannabe-princesses. Crazy
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 10:16:13 PM »

I am surprised Sofia didn't tag along. Victoria looking good repeating the dress.

Sofia is currently shedding her skin and can't be seen in public.

I was just going to ask about why she wasn’t there, but you’ve already answered.  Star Laugh bounce 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: