Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official visit to the United States. June 14 to 19, 2018.  (Read 69927 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2018, 05:03:38 PM »

Queen Letizia & I enjoyed tea & time together focusing on the ways we can positively impact children.“

The hypocrisy chokes me! 

Those educated on the subject know this is dt POLICY<<< >>>> NOT LAW, a way to hold children hostage until he gets his wall.  I don't recognize my country anymore, I'm just sorry the royal couple had to be caught up in all the amoral ugliness.  I'm ashamed, appalled and terrified at what is happening.  I find it unbelievable that everyone isn't outraged but the kool aid drinkers defend anything  no matter how low or horrible.   I never understood how Nazi Germany happened, it's very clear now. 

fox news Laura Huh?   explained the Childrens Concentration Camps.........................We (Trump Administration) are providing FREE summer camp to those 12,000 plus children that parents could not afford to send them to............the children  each get a space age silver blanket .and everyone knows children would rather sleep on the floor.........................................
has the entire USA gone nuts?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
Please, I want my country back............VOTE to remove ALL Republications from office...........while we are still allowed to vote

Trump did say we would release the kids when he is paid $25-BILLION he can use on his stupid wall.....................next he wants $$ for his newest wall across Canada........................Yesterday he announced  the 6th USA Military force called Trump Space t  Huh??to control ALL world communications and media....

did you see Mrs Trump mouth......it is now shaped like a duck.wonder what kind of surgery she had.she has been out of sight for about 6-weeks.......

she appeared semi-rude to the lovely Queen....Trump pushed the King aside at the doorway...Trump wanted to enter first.such manners and such a gentlemen...............

Spain should be very proud of their well mannered King and Queen...............they have a very hard and never ending job with little thanks
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »

Trump signed an EO that families at the border will be kept together. Maybe we (the American society) can return to sanity now and RD can return to dishing.

Here are the facts thus far:

1. Families will not be immediately separated, but they will be held in detention together.
2. Crossing the border “illegally” will no longer be deemed a civil violation, it will be deemed a criminal violation.
3. Because it is a criminal violation the parents will be charged criminally. At that point, their children will be forcibly taken.
4. The Executive Order will provide a provision that families will be expedited through the criminal process. This means that the removal of their children will be expedited.

There is still a need for the Tent Cities. There will still be Tender Age Facilities. This serves as optics for Trump to claim he is not ripping families apart. He is. The GOP are. They are just hiding in in the fine print.

I see you copied this from Facebook.

And? What else can you do? Keep the families together in detention? We don't have the resources. The Democrats refused to accept any bill, such as Cruz's, to address this as Congress ought to. What can we do about people flooding our borders? These policies have been in place long before this crappy administration. The hysteria will continue til it dies out for some new scandal which has probably been going on for awhile, ad nauseum, and nothing will change anyway. They should all be deported, together, because we do not have the resources to handle this. The previous administration just let everyone go, and you can't do that, either. We must find something to do with the genuine asylum seekers who have been through the wringer, and help them somehow. Ruling by executive fiat like this is a bad idea, I do not care who the President is, it gives too much power to the executive, and this executive order goes against Flores v Reno (from '97!).

It is all a sad pathetic mess and has been for years. Congress must address this but the Democrats refuse to play ball and want to use this as political capital for the midterms. Both parties are complicit as hell. I think here we all agree something needs to be done.

Maybe this will serve as a warning to other countries who do the same and we can all figure out solutions to help those seeking asylum from the awful conditions in their native countries.

You can read the executive order for yourself. https://www.whitehouse.go...ddress-family-separation/

All the new executive order means is that children won't be immediately ripped from their parents arms but they will still be incarcerated like criminals and might be taken away from their parents after the 20 day time limit the law currently allows if a judge agrees because Trump still insists on criminally prosecuting people for seeking asylum. No president has ever done this.

The EO also orders the Secretary of Defense to provide facilities for these families upon request. He's asking the Pentagon to become a part of this mess, as if they don't have a million other things to do. Getting them involved in building prison camps for asylum seekers is beyond the pale. Although it's not in the EO, the DOJ has asked the Pentagon to supply JAGs to use as prosecutors against immigrants and the Pentagon agreed. They're militarizing this entire process, which is terrifying.

The administration's already admitted that they have no intention of reuniting these children with their parents, even if and when the parents get deported. The parents will have to hire lawyers, sue the government, and hope for the best. The lucky ones will get Avenatti (who's already representing 12 parents), who can make a lot of noise in the media, which might help them locate their kids, but most will never see their children again. This will be made even worse since Trump cut the funding for government lawyers to represent the children's interests. He did that just last month. What a coincidence. Many have already been moved across the country to orphanages and adoption agencies, including one run by Betsy De Vos's brother-in-law. Yet another coincidence I'm sure. We also got word today that some children at a facility in Houston are being forcibly injected with drugs to keep them quiet and compliant. Maybe that's why members of Congress who've demanded to see the detention facilities have been refused.

How can ANY this be the Democrats fault when they control NOTHING? Republicans have the White House and majorities in both houses of Congress. They can pass ANYTHING they want! They are the ones who are refusing to "play ball" with each other. You can't blame the minority party for the fact that the majority party has no coherent agenda beyond inflicting maximum chaos and damage. The only people at fault here are Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and Mitch McConnell. The Democrats merely refused to allow Trump to use children as hostages to extort insane amounts of money for a pointless boondoggle of a wall and massive cuts in healthcare.

Immigration has gone down for years. There are always spikes when violence flares in Central and South America but, overall, it's declined significantly since 1998. 60% of "illegals" in the US have been here for more than 20 years and have families and don't commit crimes of any kind.

This is not over. Innocent families will still be ripped apart and utterly destroyed, just on a slightly different time frame than before and now the military is horrifyingly involved. And it's all Trump's and his GOP allies doing. 1000%.

I’m a big fan of Laura Bush right now.

As a "liberal on a pedestal" and fellow Texan I always have been, she's a real class act.  

Even thought I vehemently disagreed with 95% of her husband's policies, she was an impeccable first lady. She's always behaved with dignity and empathy.

just on the US news.......Homestead, Florida (south of Miami) they have maybe 900 - 1,000 children they are giving "psychotropic" drugs to the kids to calm them down.................these drugs will have lasting effects.....................
Older children know their names, their parents names & what country they came from
Young children and babies do NOT have this information, so how could they possibly ever find their parents???               Will they be "sold" (of course to a good home) and the money used for Trump's wall?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2018, 05:15:31 PM »

I don't personally give Laura Bush any credit. It's easy for her to say anything now while she remained mute when it comes to her own husband war monging politics. What she is doing now is the most basic decent thing, nothing extra ordinary. She was very much a complicent in Bush's administration. Hypocrisy and convinience at its best IMO.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2018, 05:35:28 PM »

I grew up seeing America as a beacon of decency and generosity. I know that this administration does not represent all Americans.  Australia also has harsh policies in place for treating asylum seekers ( who are not criminals - it is a basic human right to seek asylum) so I am very critical of my own government.

Reading that over 2000 children including babies have been ripped from their mother's arms and may not be reunited has broken my heart and makes me think the current US administration has reached an unimaginable low point.

Felipe and Letizia are so educated and aware, they must have struggled to sit with 45 and his wife in the middle of this storm. I fear this may come back to haunt them.
This..
I come from part of a world we always looked at US and the EU contries as an example in the matter of hummans rights, from a part of a world US administrations always lectured to the rest of the world on tha matter ,so what i see during this whole crisis shocked and appalled me.. The funny part each year the US departement release report evaluating other countries doing in this matter (more lecturing  Roll Eyes ) they should have a look at their selves first.
I really don't envy Felipe and Letizia the situation must be hard for them i wont be happy meeting some one like Trump in normal days let's not think in this insane situation i will say well the hell with everything and go back home.

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »

As an Australian who has "seen" the IMO inhumane policy of the Government here in relation to verified Asylum Seekers I'm happy to call out the US for their policy of removing children from parents in the way Trump did. I also call out the Govt here for the lack of morality, standards and basic decency that is missing. The Govt here today celebrated giving high income earners a big tax break. I remember my parents saying that the behaviour of the 1930's in certain countries would never be repeated as the world saw what it really was. Thankfully they are not here today to see what low levels of apparent acceptability we have sunk to. I understand not everyone will share my view - but with what is going on today more people need to stand up and call out what is unacceptable to them - poor behaviour where ever they see it. I saw a FB post from a 23 year old male in my area who decided to help a young girl being assulted on a train - most people turned away - he asked a few people to back him up if he needed it and challenged the thug - and got him off the train at the next stop. We all need to be the person that calls out bad behaviour. OK enough preaching from me for now  . . . .
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2018, 05:43:30 PM »

So Obama did better than what was happening under the current President?

This wasn’t an Obama policy. The policy that was rescinded today was created on April 6, 2018.

And as far as I know, Obama wasn’t locking up toddlers.

He deported more people than Cheeto, but he wasn’t prosecuting every man woman and child that was caught. So yes. He was much better.

The reason for my confusion, Pixie, is due to articles like THIS

It's been reported that this picture immediately below is from a facility during the Obama Administration. I'm in the middle of moving from Pittsburgh down to Houston, so I have not had the time to dedicate to reading the news, and I chucked my television out the window 5 years ago.

Sorry, but the Daily Caller is not a legit news source.  It's a biased, unreliable media outlet.  

https://www.snopes.com/tag/daily-caller/page/2/

https://archives.cjr.org/.../the_great_right_hype.php

http://www.politifact.com.../statements/?list=speaker

https://fair.org/?s=%22daily+caller%22

The image you are posting is of unaccompanied minors.  They weren't stolen from their families by the US government.  Many of those kids ended up getting refugee status and were reunited with family members who were already in the US; several ended up being placed in foster care and adoptive families in the US.  The others went back home.  They were never with their parents when they were detained because their parents were either here already, or they were back at home in Honduras, El Salvador, etc. None of them were toddlers or young kids-they were teenagers who were fleeing gang violence. I worked on a task force in 2014 for a medium-sized US city that researched the options for these kids and helped to get them legal representation.  Yes, it was a horrible situation, but it was nowhere near the disaster that thankfully was repealed yesterday.  

And I'm very sorry to hear of what you're going through.  Hug
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:00:16 PM by pixiecat » Logged
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »

Thanks for the information on The Daily Caller. Appreciate it.  Thumb up

(Thanks Chandrasekhi, onar, Maria & anastasia beaverhausen  Star  Hug )

Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2018, 04:05:30 AM »

^Ugh. Trump with his mouth open (as usual) and walking ahead of the ladies while Felipe brings up the rear...alone.

A second later he paused, let the ladies enter first, and accompanied King Felipe after them into the doorway - from about 1:04 on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDO0oOLteM
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: June 24, 2018, 11:41:53 PM »

I'm finally back after a terrible week!
This was a good visit fashion wise. Leti did some interesting sartorial choices - the tight pink dress is just beautiful, as well as the new polka dot dress.
The white Varela dress was a good repeat and the press claimed she looked a lot like Jackie O. The evening dress by CH is unusual for her but I like that she's not wearing a simple LBD for once  Thumb up
The pink dress for the WH was a really elegant choice, even if Melania wore the exact same dress just one year ago.
Melania scares me a bit when she's posing for the photographers - much better when she's alone with Leti

Beautiful here  Yes

desvisitiendo a letizia

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Saltypleb

Baby Member

Pakistan Pakistan

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: July 02, 2018, 05:09:51 AM »

Letizia's veiny hand in the 7th picture is a bit scary to me  Blink
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: July 02, 2018, 08:08:45 AM »

I am younger than Letizia and I have veiny hands too. There is nothing I can do about it. Fortunately it’s not something that keeps me awake at night 😊
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2018, 05:42:27 PM »

I am younger than Letizia and I have veiny hands too. There is nothing I can do about it. Fortunately it’s not something that keeps me awake at night 😊

Good on you Tatini!  I too have veiny hands and I knew that as I got older it would "age" me more than anything else, but at least my face is still holding up  Tongue
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: July 02, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »

Good on you Tatini!  I too have veiny hands and I knew that as I got older it would "age" me more than anything else, but at least my face is still holding up  Tongue

I think a smile is the best enhancement for any face - it lifts not just yourself but everyone you meet
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »

I am actually her age, and my arms/hands look exactly the same. Part of it is due to exercising, part of it is due to having not so much "flesh" over the bones, part is also due to the ambient temperature:
if it's wärmer (like is was obviously in Southern US), veins show more.
Same with veins on the foot instep - the warmer it is and the longer I am walking/standing during a day, the more they show.
Just a natural thing, I would presume.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2018, 09:40:20 AM »

I am actually her age, and my arms/hands look exactly the same. Part of it is due to exercising, part of it is due to having not so much "flesh" over the bones, part is also due to the ambient temperature:
if it's wärmer (like is was obviously in Southern US), veins show more.
Same with veins on the foot instep - the warmer it is and the longer I am walking/standing during a day, the more they show.
Just a natural thing, I would presume.
Natural yes, healthy not quite as much. If you notice the veins in your legs to become more noticeable, because swollen, help your veins to transport the blood back up, either by putting your feet up for a short while or by putting a cold compress around your ankle. You don't want excessive blood flow coupled with the next step: water retention...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: