Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Petty: Why I’ve become a foster mum  (Read 2383 times)
aussiecro

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2018, 02:07:24 AM »

https://www.dailytelegrap...f907b17abb1af5488ccb87933

that poor child being stuck with a person like her. Yikes

here is another link and she is talking about her foster parenting on radio

http://www.973fm.com.au/s...ty-of-being-foster-parent
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 02:14:48 AM »

I like Amber and this is a nice thing for her.

She has more maternal instinct than Pickles.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 02:22:40 AM »

Thumb up to Amber.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 02:40:35 AM »

That is.awesome of Amber. I have some neighbors who live near me who do this 
I don't know how because if looks so hard to me for them and their other children to see a child or 2 come and go every year ( some stay longer). They handle it with aplomb , the children pretty much always seem like they feel comfortable and safe while they are there and they all get alot of counseling. 
Anyway, they, Amber and any families who do this are my hero
 Champagne
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 03:05:23 AM »

Go Am-I-ur    Thumb up Star

I still think she should have married Floppy Frodo instead of her bestie MEDiana the Dorian Column Dead

aussicro  Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
aussiecro

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 06:53:36 AM »

not everyone is capable of being a foster carer or parent of a child considering with what happened with this case but it nice to see amber putting her best foot forward and providing same security and stability to a young child unlike her best friend who has four of her own flesh and blood offspring and her mothering skills are  nonexistent. Hope they did a police check on amber and a children's check upon her as well considering the questionable people she has previous been connected with bikies etc i wouldn't allow anyone associated with people of that caliber near defenseless children.

http://www.abc.net.au/new...horburn-sentenced/9789984

https://www.mamamia.com.a...k-thorburn-criminal-past/ so this guy that murdered this little innocent girl should never have been allowed to be a foster parent with the criminal history he had but he past a police check but he had prior convictions.

Thorburn’s difficult upbringing, including the death of his mother when he was nine, and subsequent depression didn’t excuse her brutal murder. is this guy stable in looking after a 12 year old child because in terms of amber is has done things to put herself in to disrepute like stripping hanging out with criminals she is seriously not a mature adult ready to taken on a young child who has issues of their own to deal with and who needs a stable adult to make decisions for them.

https://www.news.com.au/l...15941ba942d6e3bc46a8ce18d

https://www.nowtolove.com...lmer-in-foster-care-48722
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:16:21 AM by aussiecro » Logged
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 07:11:21 AM »

What does this murderer have to do with Amber?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »

I have never much cared for Amber - one way or the other - but I hold everyone in high esteem who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. I am so over "virtue signaling" that I applaud everybody who not only tells people to save the children, but at least tries to do it herself.
I have met many foster parents, and find most fall into three categories:
The virtual saints
Those who "wing" much
Those who are disenchanted, burned out and might even be on the verge of turning aggressive (either verbally, emotionally or even physically)

A childless couple I know takes in emergency cases: children, whose parents have had an accident, children who had to be removed from a crime scene or any other extremely traumatic upheaval. This couple is a haven of love, warmth and care. Obviously both are highly trained to deal with those poor children, but I adore them. And even though the children don't stay very long with them (they try to leave the children there for at least a couple of weeks, esp. when they see that the children really need that bond) they still have contact with some of them and sometimes get cards or thank-you letters years later. As I said: my personal recommendation for sainthood.

However I have also met other people, who started with the best of intentions and couldn't deal with many of the problems, they burned out and as with biological children, your desperation can sometimes turn into helpless violent aggression. Very sad for all involved.

Those are NOT the cases you read about on the internet: the cases in which the foster parents took the money and starved the children or used them as labour or sex slaves. People who do this are very very sick.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 01:18:09 PM »

Amber has a history hanging out with bikie drug dealers! Surely she isn't suitable! And do the authorities know that she had the child cared for so she could get smashed on red wine?
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »

not everyone is capable of being a foster carer or parent of a child considering with what happened with this case but it nice to see amber putting her best foot forward and providing same security and stability to a young child ...

The "need to get on the piss and drown in red wine" account doesn't sound like security and stability to me ...
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 06:20:06 PM »

That murder has nothing to do with Amber.  It's conflation and best ignored IMO.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: