Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belgian Royal Family Titles  (Read 8074 times)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 06:42:15 PM »

Is it only the King and Queen who use "of the Belgians" instead of "of Belgium"?  Or am I mistaken and they are the King and Queen of Belgium?  I thought they went by "of the Belgians" to show their affinity towards and loyalty to the people of the country, rather than the territory/wealth.

Yes, only the King and Queen are titled “of the Belgians” while all others are “of Belgium”.

Thank you!   Star

I like that they do the "of the Belgians."  It's a neat mentality.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 01:25:55 AM »

If Princess Elisabeth marries a foreign Prince, will he still not be considered a Prince because he was born a Prince?
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2021, 01:42:24 AM »

If Princess Elisabeth marries a foreign Prince, will he still not be considered a Prince because he was born a Prince?

I’m not sure I follow. 

Let’s ignore their current relationships and say she married either Nikolai or Felix.  Regardless of what Philippe did or didn’t do with a Belgian title Nikolai/Felix would still be HH Prince Nikolai/Felix of Denmark.  So at the very least we have HRH The Duchess of Brabant and HH Prince Nikolai/Felix.

My guess is that regardless of who she married, Philippe would make Elisabeth’s husband HRH Prince (name) of Belgium as it would be very strange for the husband of the crown princess to not have a title.

As for the spouses of her siblings…we’ll time will tell but seeing that their spouse and children will all be HRH Prince/Princess of Belgium I expect will see them be as well.   
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 01:58:20 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: