Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Ascot 2018  (Read 28334 times)
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2018, 04:18:31 PM »

She's getting to that age when your balance starts to go  . . . little by little. Tuck your tummy in Sarah! It helps your balance!
I notice that for the last few years Sarah nearly always wears flats, even with full length gowns and often is holding on to someone on the stairs. I wonder if she has some medical condition that affects her balance. Perhaps vertigo, for example.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »

Or after years of wearing heels she has arthritis in her feet, or neuromas, or dactylitis...
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2018, 05:27:33 PM »

Day 5

Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »

Or after years of wearing heels she has arthritis in her feet, or neuromas, or dactylitis...
For sure, but those wouldn't require help with balance. As a Morton's Neuroma sufferer in both my feet, I rarely leave sneakers or riding boots!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2018, 11:49:58 PM »

Peter and Autumn look very nice. Funny how several of the Windsor men look so much better with beards.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2018, 11:52:46 PM »

Peter and Autumn look very nice. Funny how several of the Windsor men look so much better with beards.
I've always thought it's a balance thing.   Men with a lot of hair rarely look good with beards but as the hairline recedes then a good beard helps to balance out their appearance.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2018, 01:40:12 AM »

I've always thought it's a balance thing.   Men with a lot of hair rarely look good with beards but as the hairline recedes then a good beard helps to balance out their appearance.

Beards are handy things and have been able to provide a benefit for several of the Windsor men. They can provide a new outline and add balance to the face of a man who has a small or pointed jaw, and add contour to a man with a potato-shaped head and prominent teeth.  They are versatile, too, since they keep growing and can be trimmed to suit to provide whatever outline is best for the particular subject at the time.  Prince Michael of Kent looks far more interesting and distinguished with a beard than he did without.  I think his brother, the Duke of Kent, would have benefited from having one. 
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2018, 03:18:35 AM »

The thing that has struck me most about Ascot (and the year in general) is how HAPPY Her Maj looks! As we know, she has that tendency toward RBF, however lately she seems just really relaxed and happy. Its nice to see  Smiley
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2018, 05:08:15 AM »

I sincerely hope Fergie is high.  That's the only way any of her body language makes sense. 

And for the love of God, woman. Get some stockings.  Your legs are looking rough.

Bea's dress in these photos is much better than that hideous black and white thing she had on the other day.
Annlynnmarie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2018, 06:11:12 PM »

Despite all of Fergie’s over the top theatrics, her outfit was very nice and flattering.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2018, 06:15:41 PM »

Sarah should also wear her dresses longer as her knees are also not looking their best.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »

So using Gert's Royals blog (http://gertsroyals.blogsp...ing-royal-ascot-2018.html) I've tallied up how many days various members of the BRF attended.

All 5: The Queen

4 days: Andrew—Days 1, 3, 4, & 5

3 days:
Beatrice—Days 1, 3, & 4
Sophie—Days 1, 2, & 3
Anne—Days 1, 2, & 3

2 days:
Charles & Camilla—Days 1 & 2
Eugenie—Days 1 & 3
Edward—Days 1 & 2
Peter & Autumn—Days 2 & 5
Earl of Snowdon—Days 3 & 4
Gloucester’s—Days 2 & 3
Prince & Princess Michael—Days 1 & 2

1 day:
Harry & Meghan—Day 1
Alexandra—Day 2
Countess of Snowdon—Day 3
Sarah Chatto w/ Arthur—Day 5
Viscount Linley—Day 5
Lady Gabriella—Day 3
Zanouska Mowatt—Day 3

I found it interesting that while H&M only attended once (as do W&K when they come) it seams that the other descendants of the Queen (if they attend) appeared at least twice.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2018, 12:14:04 AM »

I sincerely hope Fergie is high.  That's the only way any of her body language makes sense. 

And for the love of God, woman. Get some stockings.  Your legs are looking rough.

Bea's dress in these photos is much better than that hideous black and white thing she had on the other day.

I agree Pixie, and her ankles look all wrinkly too.

As for hanging on to Bea during the curtsey, maybe it’s age related balance issues. Balance is something that deteriorates without you necessarily noticing.  Especially if you’re almost 59 and don’t work on it constantly.

Bea looked very nice that day, head to toe.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: