Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex Ireland Visit: July 10-11  (Read 25902 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »

I would agree normally about the hand holding while working BUT these two are there for fluff: to make the crowds woo and swoon and distract.  So they're actually doing their job in that respect.  It's not like they're negotiating anything or are engaged in deep diplomatic talks.  

They're doing what royals do: raising awareness of stuff.  Collecting flowers.  Tilting heads and nodding.  A++.
Laughing  Laughing
That made my evening freethespoon
And that way they will change the world  Roll Eyes 

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2018, 09:45:54 PM »

I'm all for certain PDA in certain situations, but the constant hand-holding and gooey-eying is ridiculous

Abother emabarrassing annoying shots  Crap
Ya ya ya sure ppl in Ireland will take them seriously and their soft diplomacy is working 

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »

That dress is an epic fail in fit. Which seems to be a consistant issue for Meghan - hopefully it will change because with the cost of her outfits, I'd be pissed if I was paying for that. This is a Mary-move - she still wears too small, badly fitted clothes after years with a stylist, but it's such an easy thing to fix.. Meghan should model her style and wardrobe after Leti. She seems to like the same simple style which could so easily work for her and the cost isn't terribly high either (if I am right and Boss is more a middle prize brand than Dior, Givenchy and such.)
genever
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2018, 10:15:44 PM »

Letizia has some lovely clothes (when she keeps it simple) but she also has a penchant for frills, unnecessary embroidery, leather leggings and - on occasion - wearing things that are too young for her, none of which I would wish on Meghan. It also took her a looooooooong time to find her style.

I think their workday wardrobe in re. HB trousers etc. might be similar though.
Annlynnmarie

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2018, 12:28:02 AM »

Love the suit and hate the fit of the dress. If it was in a different color with a better fit, I would be a fan. The fit shows she is wearing a strapless bra which I shouldn’t know!

She needs a real professional stylist and not her friend. I hope she reviews these photos and realizes help is needed!
GoodGollyMissMolly

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2018, 12:32:41 AM »

Might be that I'm simply not a fan of soft diplomacy, but I just don't really get it. So Britain and Ireland are playing hardball on the Brexit-caused border issues. The people involved in this kafuffle are politicians (not quite as high-ranking as one might think, as the most work is done by foot folk, and the higher ranks just follow the perimeters set before). Am I really to believe, that Ireland is more prone to accept harsh border negotiations, because their PM and his wife had the opportunity to share a glass of champers and a lite chat with a woman who until about a year ago was only known as an actress in a TV series, and until May wasn't neither british nor had any ties with Britain or Ireland? Just because she is pretty and her husband is royal?
And if this soft diplomacy was so efficient, how come so many democracies don't do that on this scale?

Can’t speak for other democracies,  but in the US soft diplomacy is a huge thing. Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Hilary Clinton, and Barbara Bush Sr all traveled to foreign countries solo to further their husband’s policies and assist in diplomacy. Also, just like the foreign office requests royals go abroad, the State Department would make these requests.
Duchess of Suffolk

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2018, 12:56:47 AM »

CoderDojo's 7th Birthday

Personally so glad they give visibility to a project so special

At @DogPatchLabs, a co-working space for technology start-ups located in Dublin's 'Digital Docklands' – The Duke and Duchess meet young entrepreneurs working to grow their companies

Irish Emigration Museum

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2018, 12:59:31 AM »

That's one horrible dress if I've ever seen one. Atrocious fit, colour and design

The older standing next to her has an awesome dress with great for, good color and flatters her body. She must be at least 30 years older than Megs and looks much better.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2018, 01:03:24 AM »

The suit is definitely very in line with Letizia's style. I would love to see a similar suit in electric blue on Meghan. Or red.

This kid really wanted Meghan's attention.

Another kid wanted to pull on Harry's beard, apparently

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:38:09 AM by wisdomheaven » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2018, 01:18:40 AM »

I don't blame the kids for wanting to make sure they were actual human beings.

And to Harry and Meghan's credit, this is the most comfortable they've seemed while on this trip.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2018, 01:33:00 AM »

Posting these two because the dog is just too precious not to.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: July 12, 2018, 01:34:04 AM »

Daily mail is saying Harry wagged his finger on the face of the child who stroked Meghan hair.
Is he losing his mind?  Crazy
Athena

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2018, 01:40:32 AM »

Wondering what was her motive in bringing along that enormous bag, what was its purpose? because its hefty appearance makes her look quite unbalanced.

From a security point of view I'm uneasy about the hair-pulling and beard-touching, far too into anyone's personal space in my opinion, should not be encouraged.

Please wear heels appropriate for walking on each surface you may encounter, without having to look down at your feet.

Please keep hands out of jacket, Harry.

wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2018, 01:43:16 AM »

Meghan didn't seem to be in her hair as much today. I like her hair at this length but also think she could really pull off a shorter look well.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: July 12, 2018, 02:02:08 AM »

Posting these two because the dog is just too precious not to.

Sparkles: Awww. You remind me of the dog I abandoned.  

Harry: (groping himself and feeling deeply uncomfortable over the fact he's in Ireland)
Daily mail is saying Harry wagged his finger on the face of the child who stroked Meghan hair.
Is he losing his mind?  Crazy

If this is true then he is nothing but an absolute douchebag.  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: