Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denim  (Read 2575 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 03:01:38 PM »

If nothing else, Meghan needs to be smarter in her optics.  Allegedly meeting with 100 organizations is great PR, but when you counter that with a $2000 frock for a polo match, it looks sh*tty and out of touch.

If her actual behavior were to match the PR her people put out, she should be exceptionally thrifty and clever in her choices.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 08:12:53 PM »

Max' dress is some unknown to me obviously NL brand, and costs, according to the modekoninginmaxima.nl-Blog 605 EUR.

Leti's BOSS costs 199 EUR as per BOSS website.

Megs' is Carolina Herrera and costs 2.650 EUR as per several newspapers.

Just let the prices sink in a bit.

I do wonder why the outcry in UK is not any louder.
The spending habits of the new Duche$$ of $$u$$ex, as shown in the past 2 months, do really hurt, imho.

I have checked the internet for the dress of Maxima, and according to a post by modekoninginmaxima.nl is the dress of Co. by Stephanie Dadan and Justin Kern. It is not a NL brand, nor NL people.

http://co-collections.com/the-label/about/
Thanks for the link. As I don't understand much from the dutch text in this great blog, the only thing I could figure out was brand = Co. and cost = 605 EUR, but I could not figure out what nation Co. is from (so NL was my assumption) and did also not really know what to google for to go d out more.

I've browsed the page, and while I really like Max denim dress, albeit too expensive, the rest of their collections is absolutely not my taste.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 12:01:23 AM »

Blue jeans, or as one of my Japanese friends likes to put it ``jeans pantsu'' were once considered the quintessential American uniform. But as these photos indicate, they have become pretty much universal. And why not? Denim wears well, doesn't take a high degree of care, and increasingly, jeans can be dressed up or down depending on the accessories one wears. I've seen people wear jeans to the opera and ballet, albeit with silk blouses and velvet jackets and high-heeled shoes, and the women so attired can look pretty terrific.

I have a feeling that the ballgowns and fancy party dresses we love to see on the royals are becoming dinosaurs themselves. Nobody seems to have the time or the money to spend getting so arrayed. And if the royals are doing it increasingly, the rest of the world will inevitable follow, although I can't quite imagine Lilibet or Oma Trixie in a pair of Levis.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 10:42:56 PM »

Well I'll have you know that Oma Trixie has had a pair of very stylish LadyJeans!

Well of the three denim dresses, I want the Boss: (LOL and it is even affordable for the Fairy) I really like the CH, but not for that price, it is really nice but a fairly common summer skater with slightly 50is vibe in denim - nothing to justify the hefty tag.
Same goes for Maxima's dress: fairly common and it looks like it might overwhelm anyone with a different frame.
The Boss dress however is the perfect combination of shirt-dress and denim and the price is ok for a design, that frankly is nothing that hasn't seen the light of day before.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Paulina

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 04:25:11 AM »

Most of those look pretty good, but the one that is absolutely the WORST is Charlotte in a jumpsuit that looks like a gas station attendant's outfit! "Filler up, Ma'am?"
genegal43

Medium Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 05:05:36 AM »

Most of those look pretty good, but the one that is absolutely the WORST is Charlotte in a jumpsuit that looks like a gas station attendant's outfit! "Filler up, Ma'am?"

I was just reminded of Fannie Flagg's series "The All Girl's Filling Station," with this remark!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »

I was just reminded of Fannie Flagg's series "The All Girl's Filling Station," with this remark!

An excellent book!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 03:16:00 AM »

Max' dress is some unknown to me obviously NL brand, and costs, according to the modekoninginmaxima.nl-Blog 605 EUR.

Leti's BOSS costs 199 EUR as per BOSS website.

Megs' is Carolina Herrera and costs 2.650 EUR as per several newspapers.

Just let the prices sink in a bit.

I do wonder why the outcry in UK is not any louder.
The spending habits of the new Duche$$ of $$u$$ex, as shown in the past 2 months, do really hurt, imho.

I have checked the internet for the dress of Maxima, and according to a post by modekoninginmaxima.nl is the dress of Co. by Stephanie Dadan and Justin Kern. It is not a NL brand, nor NL people.

http://co-collections.com/the-label/about/
Thanks for the link. As I don't understand much from the dutch text in this great blog, the only thing I could figure out was brand = Co. and cost = 605 EUR, but I could not figure out what nation Co. is from (so NL was my assumption) and did also not really know what to google for to go d out more.

I've browsed the page, and while I really like Max denim dress, albeit too expensive, the rest of their collections is absolutely not my taste.

Just by a concidence I stumbled on another post of the Dutch royal fashion site in which was stated Co. By Stephanie Dadan. With this combo, Google did the rest Wink I am not up to date and or interested in brands in general, but I simply didn't recognize this one and got curious. I agree upon you 650 euro is still too much for such a dress
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: