Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Holidays 2018  (Read 22747 times)
Booklover

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2018, 03:38:37 PM »

Does anyone know why Leonor and Sofia presumably do not take sailing lessons? It's such a fun sport when you don't have to worry about how much it costs which lets face it is their position. They are otherwise a big sailing loving family. If the answer is Letizia doesn't like sailing that would seem too bad that mama's fears or phobias are dictating their pursuits.
Maybe the girls don't enjoy summer sports.
I always figured this was a possibility but I think a month in an American summer camp means that may not be true. Sports are the backbone of summer camp and little Sofia already said they played gaga ball. This is not definitive of course. Also sailing is complicated not like soccer or tennis and not an easy "pick up" sport like the others.
I'm someone who avoids sports with or without balls, physical strength and focus on this kind of things are not my strongest points so I would be terrified if I had to go in any place that it would be compulsory to do any kind of sport. I find sailing and soccer equaly complicated  Tongue

Just give me a good book never mind kicking a ball around or trying to figure out which sail does what.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2018, 04:11:25 PM »

Does anyone know why Leonor and Sofia presumably do not take sailing lessons? It's such a fun sport when you don't have to worry about how much it costs which lets face it is their position. They are otherwise a big sailing loving family. If the answer is Letizia doesn't like sailing that would seem too bad that mama's fears or phobias are dictating their pursuits.
I always figured this was a possibility but I think a month in an American summer camp means that may not be true. Sports are the backbone of summer camp and little Sofia already said they played gaga ball. This is not definitive of course. Also sailing is complicated not like soccer or tennis and not an easy "pick up" sport like the others.
I'm someone who avoids sports with or without balls, physical strength and focus on this kind of things are not my strongest points so I would be terrified if I had to go in any place that it would be compulsory to do any kind of sport. I find sailing and soccer equaly complicated  Tongue

Just give me a good book never mind kicking a ball around or trying to figure out which sail does what.
Beer
Hello friend!!!!!

onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2018, 04:12:17 PM »

Haha me too onar meet you on the sidelines with a gin and tonic! Vilya thank you for the Spanish perspective I always learn something new yes sailing would be a high profile sport and you are probably right about the press going after the girls. Felipe and Letizia will always do right by their girls.
Hello friend, as well!  Grin

Todayonly

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2018, 08:19:59 PM »

Beer
Hello friend!!!!!

That is me as well!  I'd rather be reading than outside (unless I'm drinking a glass of wine outside).  I have never been into sports.
Booklover

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2018, 03:51:50 AM »

Beer
Hello friend!!!!!

That is me as well!  I'd rather be reading than outside (unless I'm drinking a glass of wine outside).  I have never been into sports.
Glad I'm not the only one. Jumping

lula

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2018, 08:20:33 AM »

The family at the cinema on Saturday

https://www.hola.com/real...as-leonor-sofia-en-palma/

ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2018, 08:51:11 AM »

leonor looks totally fed up with this holding her hand .

first queen sofia,now her dad...come on,she's a teenager now!!!!! why nobody holds her "little" sister's hand?Huh???
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »

I kind of wonder if it is in fact Leonor that wants the contact. Could it be that she is a lot more self conscious and unsure about herself in this role and situation as she wants to let on? Her sister seems a lot more confident, which could be her personality but also a reaction to the knowledge that she is only* the spare. 
(*perhaps a mix of relief and a bit of dare - there are some very slight shades of QEII and Meg to be seen here.)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lula

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »

With the repercussion that had the absurd incident of the cathedral, I think it is inevitable that Leonor has suffered its repercussions, with indications to act in a certain way (as in the visit to her grandfather to the hospital) or  with jokes from classmates in school or similar things. She probably takes the hand because she thinks that is what she should do in front of the cameras, when she is not aware of the camera, she walks free. It was too much pressure for someone so young. Her grandmother is delighted with that, her father is possibly too protective ... and it is her mother who has the role of giving confidence to the girl to return to acting normally.

The press has published some pictures of the day of the market taken from a distance, before the arrival of all the photographers, and in them Leonor does not take any hand. On the day of the concert, once the line of photographers had passed, she freed herself from her grandmother and was walking alongside her parents and sister without going hand in hand.
Todayonly

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »

With the repercussion that had the absurd incident of the cathedral, I think it is inevitable that Leonor has suffered its repercussions, with indications to act in a certain way (as in the visit to her grandfather to the hospital) or  with jokes from classmates in school or similar things. She probably takes the hand because she thinks that is what she should do in front of the cameras, when she is not aware of the camera, she walks free. It was too much pressure for someone so young. Her grandmother is delighted with that, her father is possibly too protective ... and it is her mother who has the role of giving confidence to the girl to return to acting normally.

The press has published some pictures of the day of the market taken from a distance, before the arrival of all the photographers, and in them Leonor does not take any hand. On the day of the concert, once the line of photographers had passed, she freed herself from her grandmother and was walking alongside her parents and sister without going hand in hand.

I agree that she holds hands because she's told she needs to.  At age 12 I don't remember holding either of my parent's hands.
lula

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2018, 08:57:40 PM »

King Felipe VI will arrive tomorrow at Mahón (Menorca) to participate, for the first time in the history of the race, in the fifteenth edition of the Cup of the King of Classic and Vintage Boats. Although it has not been confirmed he will do it in the 'Giraldilla', the ship that belonged to his grandfather D. Juan de Borbón.

https://www.abc.es/deport...201808311342_noticia.html
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2018, 12:27:13 AM »

Leo has always been Daddy's little girl, she does like holding hands with Daddy. But it was definitely told to hold hands with Grandma, poor girl. Can they just move on ? I think it's time for Felipe to get some savvy advisers, not let his wife and daughter be laughing stocks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: