Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Gabriella Windsor engaged to Thomas Kingston  (Read 114588 times)
Royaltyfan

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »

It must be a little limiting to be told that it has to be at this church, the same as dozens of other family members. Anne is the only one that's gotten married in Scotland, and that was because CoE hadn't yet moved the goal posts of divorcees remarrying (for Charles).

It's either the super grand Westminster or St Paul's if you are high in the chain or the chapel.

Afaik Zaras wedding was in Scotland as well.
Gabriellas brother Frederick has been married somewhere else, the Gloucester and Kent cousins too. I think they DO HAVE a choice when they are that far down the chain.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:33:47 PM by Royaltyfan » Logged

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart, I am never without it... - E.E. Cummings
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2019, 04:12:28 PM »

The wedding date is apparently set for Saturday May 18 at St George's Chapel in Windsor  Banana

https://www.dailymail.co....lls-day-FA-Cup-Final.html

I don't get it why you would chose, of all possible Saturdays in May, the one of the Cup Final ...
All male guests will fiddle with their mobiles, and desperately search for a TV set.

(I also tried the knot once in May, but made sure it was NOT the day of German Cup Final).

I'm sure she will have a sleek gown, she's not the girl for a princessy full skirt.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »

Gabriella's brother Frederick was married at Hampton Court Palace.  The Gloucesters were married at their local church near Barnwell; it was low-key but had serious major royals.  The duke and duchess of Kent were married at her "local" church, York Minster. 

Since Prince and Princess Michael no longer have their country home, I guess St. George's makes sense.  An alternative would have been St. Margaret's Westminster or something in Kensington.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »

It must be a little limiting to be told that it has to be at this church, the same as dozens of other family members. Anne is the only one that's gotten married in Scotland, and that was because CoE hadn't yet moved the goal posts of divorcees remarrying (for Charles).

It's either the super grand Westminster or St Paul's if you are high in the chain or the chapel.

Charles had a civil wedding followed by a CoE blessing...even after the change C&C were not eligible for a CoE ceremony. 

Also the Gloucester and Kent line have used Queen's Chapel at St. James's (the Ulster's and the Gilman's), Private Chapel at KP (the Lewis's), a church at the Vatican (Lord and Lady Nicolas), St Mary's Church in Saffron Walden (the Ogilvy's), and Hampton Court Palace (Lord and Lady Frederick)...in addition to St. George's (the Taylor's). 

The Snowdon's married at St Margaret's Westminster and the Chatto's married at St Stephen's, Walbrook.  Lady Gabriella will only be the 2nd wedding at St. George's that wasn't for one of QEII's grandchildren.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:54:51 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »

Zara got married in Edinburgh, though to this day Iíve no idea why as neither she nor Mike has any obvious links to the city, so I don't think Gabriella had to get married in Windsor.  Harry yes, but Gabriella could have had a very low key affair like the Gloucester children.  She obviously wants the big show.  Or her mother does.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2019, 05:52:49 PM »

The wedding date is apparently set for Saturday May 18 at St George's Chapel in Windsor  Banana

https://www.dailymail.co....lls-day-FA-Cup-Final.html

I don't get it why you would chose, of all possible Saturdays in May, the one of the Cup Final ...
All male guests will fiddle with their mobiles, and desperately search for a TV set.

(I also tried the knot once in May, but made sure it was NOT the day of German Cup Final).

I'm sure she will have a sleek gown, she's not the girl for a princessy full skirt.

Sleek and very elegant. I wonder who her attendants will be and what they will wear.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »

Zara married in Scotland as well.

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2019, 05:56:53 PM »

Zara got married in Edinburgh, though to this day Iíve no idea why as neither she nor Mike has any obvious links to the city, so I don't think Gabriella had to get married in Windsor.  Harry yes, but Gabriella could have had a very low key affair like the Gloucester children.  She obviously wants the big show.  Or her mother does.

That's my guess as well.  St George's can seat what 800 people.  So I'm guessing it was a size or grandeur based decision.
georgette

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2019, 05:57:41 PM »

Zara went to school in Scotland and knew Edinburgh quite well ...and Mike got to know Edinburgh when he was playing rugby ..thatís how I remember Zara explaining why they chose there to get married
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2019, 01:26:39 AM »

Also The Queen was already in Scotland as it was a latetish July wedding for Zara and Mike.  Was easier for the The Queen and The Duke to not have to go back down to Southern England.
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2019, 10:06:50 AM »

Also Anne's mother got married in Scotland and is President/patron of Scottish Rugby and likes nothing more than sailing around Scotland. Zara's grandfather in Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen was at Balmoral for summer break.  Yes thats not Zara but she clearly wanted something special to her whole family.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2019, 03:38:14 AM »

Do you think that Lady Gabriella will have a brand new wedding veil? Or will she have an heirloom veil?
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »

Ella is such a lovely stylish woman it will be interesting to see if she goes modern or a bit more traditional.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »

That's my guess as well.  St George's can seat what 800 people.  So I'm guessing it was a size or grandeur based decision.

Maybe she likes the church and Frogmore setting - and it will probably be a private affair with photos in Hello . . . as her father is "royal" then I guess she must qualify. I doubt her parents can afford a big expensive wedding and this is no doubt a church she has been to many times. From what I read a lot of favors were called in for her brothers wedding and this might be a lunchtime affair. I doubt anyone wanting to watch football later on will miss out
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2019, 08:38:21 PM »

Also Anne's mother got married in Scotland and is President/patron of Scottish Rugby and likes nothing more than sailing around Scotland. Zara's grandfather in Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen was at Balmoral for summer break.  Yes thats not Zara but she clearly wanted something special to her whole family.
The Queen didn't get married in Scotland (unless you are talking about another Anne but I don't know of any other ones relevant to the discussion). She got married at Westminster Abbey in London.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: