Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Gabriella Windsor engaged to Thomas Kingston  (Read 115059 times)
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2019, 09:52:31 PM »

I think she meant to say Zara's mother, Anne. The Princess Royal married, the second time, in Scotland because in those days the CoE had not yet moved the goal posts on marriages of divorcees, and the Church of Scotland was more forgiving on the subject.
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2019, 10:10:04 PM »

I think she meant to say Zara's mother, Anne. The Princess Royal married, the second time, in Scotland because in those days the CoE had not yet moved the goal posts on marriages of divorcees, and the Church of Scotland was more forgiving on the subject.
That makes sense. I was so confused before my morning tea...lol
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2019, 11:56:13 PM »

Any news of the wedding date for Ella and Tom past the initial ‘The wedding will take place in spring of 2019’ nonsense?
The only information realeaseso far is wedding at St George's Chapel and reception at Frogmore House.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2019, 12:03:24 AM »

Any news of the wedding date for Ella and Tom past the initial ‘The wedding will take place in spring of 2019’ nonsense?
The only information realeaseso far is wedding at St George's Chapel and reception at Frogmore House.

May 18th

https://www.express.co.uk...sor-wedding-date-May-2019
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2019, 04:18:43 AM »

Thanks! I hadn't seen that article.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2019, 02:07:49 PM »

I know it's technically a private wedding but there will be some coverage right? I'm excited to see what she wears and if there is a tiara (I'm assuming so but I'm not familiar with what tiaras are on that side of the family as options).
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2019, 12:00:00 AM »

I've seen photos of Pss Michael in only two tiaras, one of which seems to have two versions.
As a refresher here are pix and sources.

www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017/12/the-daily-diadem-argyll-diamond-daisies.html
www.thecourtjeweller.com/p/kent.html
www.princessmichael.org.uk/photo-gallery/
www.thecourtjeweller.com/2018/05/the-daily-diadem-lady-fredericks.html

The Argyll Diamond Daisies: A group of diamond brooches in daisy and leaf shapes, sometimes grouped together for wear as a tiara-like ornament. Originally belonged to Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll (who wore them as brooches at her wedding in 1871). Later bequeathed by her to Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, and then passed to Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. Worn as a tiara-like ornament by Princess Michael of Kent.

The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara: A classic Russian-inspired diamond tiara made of a series of fringes and spikes. Given to Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent as a wedding present from the City of London in 1934. Inherited by Prince Michael of Kent in 1968. Worn by Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent; Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy; and Princess Michael of Kent. Worn as a wedding tiara by Princess Alexandra (1963) and Princess Michael (1978). [Note: there are two versions]

The Kent Pearl Festoon Tiara: An elaborate, elegant tiara of diamond scrolls and festoons, embellished by a series of round pearl toppers and a row of round pearls at its base. Originally belonged to Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. Inherited by Prince Michael of Kent in 1968. Worn by Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent; Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy; and Princess Michael of Kent.

Sophie Winkleman wears a tiara and (a matching comb attachment for her veil) at her wedding to Lord Frederick Windsor, September 2009; I don't think we've ever heard any additional information about either jewel.

Maybe she'll take some existing jewelry and have a new one created especially for Ella to wear at the wedding?
Then Pss Michael can wear it later.
 Thinking

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »

Thanks Pru!  Star

That Daisy tiara is ish.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2019, 03:37:21 PM »

I think that daisy thing is a brooch mounted on a comb.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »

May 18th

I'm hoping to see her mother's fringe behind the veil, the same one Pss Marina used when she married the Duke of Kent.  Smiley

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2019, 02:28:39 AM »

May 18th

I'm hoping to see her mother's fringe behind the veil, the same one Pss Marina used when she married the Duke of Kent.  Smiley

Konradin, That is a fabulous picture of the tiara!     
Do you think that Lady Gabriella will wear an heirloom veil?
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2019, 01:49:50 PM »

Perhaps their Princess Marina'ss veil is still around, but we haven't heard of it. So I wouldn't keep any hopes on seeing it on the wedding.

Watching the Kent's fringe is more a hope than a possibility, when her brother, Lord "Freddie" married, the now Lady Freddy used a simple jewel, not a tiara per se. That could also be the case... but I really hope it is not.  Roll Eyes

Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2019, 11:23:12 PM »

May 18th

I love the upclose picture, it really shows the detail and beauty. I’d wear it  Tongue
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2019, 02:41:00 AM »

Princess Michael of Kent's mother is Baroness Maria von Reibnitz. Did Baroness Maria have any tiaras that Lady Gabriella could use for her wedding?
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2019, 06:12:29 AM »

Here's the second version of the tiara inherited by Prince Michael, worn here by Princess Michael.
It has an additional row of gems above the fringe.

According to an article in The Evening Standard (date unknown)
As a baby, Marie Christine fled wartorn Austria with her parents Baron Gunther and Baroness Maria von Reibnitz. The couple later split up, leaving Marie Christine's mother to scrape a living as a hairdresser. "
Source: www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-116360438/the-flighty-royal-cartier-flew-freddie-windsor-to

It would be my guess that there is no inherited maternal jewelry that could be worn.

Could her father arrange a loan of a tiara from the Queen? Who knows. There are a number of small pieces that could be lent to the bride.

Or perhaps a piece could be rented for the day from a quality jeweler.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: