Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Gabriella Windsor engaged to Thomas Kingston  (Read 141460 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2019, 04:58:44 AM »

So, brother of the bride always looks....shall we say very, very,very tired. Ahem. Is there some back story to him?

No, he's always looked like he habitually sticks his finger in an outlet. There has been whispers through the years, but no actual proof.

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2019, 05:11:44 AM »

So, brother of the bride always looks....shall we say very, very,very tired. Ahem. Is there some back story to him?

Freddy always looks to me, at least, to be on something...and hasn't quite woken from it  Crazy

E@h Star

V38

Emtishell

Star Star Star

some seriously fugly  Yikes frocks on that DM list. Dead Bea leading the way  Thumb up

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2019, 05:42:14 AM »

I don't really care for this all-lace gown for an evening party. It's lovely as a wedding dress, but for an evening after-wedding party (Ella has had a daytime wedding and reception already) in the middle of London, I think something more evening-gown-ish (rather than wedding-gown-ish) would be more suitable. 

See Beatrice Borromeo's wedding after party dress. Very similar silhouette as Ella's, but way more elegant, modern, and sophisticated

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2019, 06:18:33 AM »

I don't really care for this all-lace gown for an evening party. It's lovely as a wedding dress, but for an evening after-wedding party (Ella has had a daytime wedding and reception already) in the middle of London, I think something more evening-gown-ish (rather than wedding-gown-ish) would be more suitable. 

See Beatrice Borromeo's wedding after party dress. Very similar silhouette as Ella's, but way more elegant, modern, and sophisticated

Very similar - BB's fabric was great but I thought the train etc was too long. The lace in Ella's dress is a bit too "fussy" but the style is lovely.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2019, 06:23:48 AM »

https://www.telegraph.co....ays-Princess-Michael.html
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2019, 07:52:57 AM »

Star tatini, I think this is one of my favourite royal wedding dresses, too, and I love the attention to detail - the makeup, the hair, the flowers, the bridesmaid dresses - everything was carefully thought out and done with such quality.

Harpers has an interesting interview with the designer

Lady Gabriella Windsor married Thomas Kingston at Windsor Castle today, making it the third royal wedding to take place at the historic location in less than a year. And while those famous steps may be the same, the three women walking up them – and the gowns that they had chosen to wear – could not have been more different.

Lady Gabriella, or Ella as she is known by her friends, opted for a blush pink, lace gown by Italian designer Luisa Beccaria. And, despite the fact that this afternoon the gown perfectly matched the regal scene, the design actually started out life in a much less dramatic fashion.

“At the very beginning, Ella wanted something very fluid and pure,” Beccaria tells us. “She had a lot of different ideas about what kind of gown she wanted and they were not bridal at all. She didn’t want any volume, pleats, ruches or anything like that.”

Throughout the design process, the simple dress gradually grew into the more elaborate gown that we saw today. This happened as more details about the wedding were confirmed, most notably, the location and the tiara.

“When we learned that she would be getting married at Windsor Castle, Ella wanted the dress to have something a bit more regal about it. And then, when it was decided that she was going to wear this tiara that had belonged to her grandmother, Princess Marina of Greece, we started looking at pictures of her wearing it and decided to make the dress a bit more dramatic. We left it fluid at the front and kept it the same on the body, but then added the big skirt detail at the back.”

To compare Ella’s gown, wedding and life in general to the other two is quite startling, Beccaria explains, for she doesn’t have the same pressures or attention on her. She is free to live her life as she sees fit and, although this fairytale moment took place today, this is not her normal life.

“Ella has this aesthetic environment that she is embracing completely for her wedding, but it is like a movie, it is not part of her real life. She is a completely free person, she makes a living and she lives a normal life.”

And all this is precisely why Ella is the perfect embodiment of modern royalty, Beccaria explains.

“This woman represents to me the modern princess. She is free and determined, she works like a dog, she is down to earth, she is humble and she talks to everybody. And then at the same time, she is very well-informed and interesting, she is incredibly cultivated.”

The honour in making the gown comes from who Ella is, what royalty means, and translating that into one very modern royal wedding dress.

“For all those reasons and because of the fact that she is such a special girl, I was so happy to make this dress. It was a case of studying how to nod to the tradition because, being a royal wedding, you cannot forget that there is this history behind it, but in the same way to project this woman into the modern world and interpret her own unique type of beauty, spirituality and soul into the dress.”

Yeah, she really looks great. No wonder they chose an italian designer. You can say what you want, but Italian designers are really the best.

Also love the attendends dressed all like flowers.

The attendants straightening out the dress and veil are the dress designer Luisa Beccaria (in the violet dress) and her daughter, who is second in command at the label.  Smiley

Thanks. Star

Good idea of the designer.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: May 20, 2019, 09:16:47 AM »

Oh hell, Bea, what are you doing

Sophie, I love you, but literally no to all of this

Random celebrity friendship klaxon

Pippa looking highly flammable

They look like aging swingers, but in a good way

Cool your jets, everyone
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2019, 10:32:51 AM »

And I thought that the dresses for the wedding were already weird ...
but those for the evening reception are really freak show.

Winkelmans shoes ... Dead ... (and her husband/Ellas brother looks ... ehm ... totally stoned).
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2019, 11:36:21 AM »

is there haberdash equivalent in UK?

Or is it just called, St vinnies or Little sisters rescuers of Fugly frocks where all these gawgeous frocks will spend their remaining days? Thinking

G Smiley

ED:

sophie's barely there blue fugly frock has a pocket (near Freddy...)  Crazy
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:41:44 AM by getafix » Logged

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »

No, he's always looked like he habitually sticks his finger in an outlet. There has been whispers through the years, but no actual proof.

He was a wild child in his youth (modelling, drinking, possibly worse - Princess Margaret Pushy publicly said her son was "no junkie" but he seems to have settled down in the last few years since meeting Sophie and having daughters. He works in finance, i think.

Cool your jets, everyone
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2019, 12:44:21 PM »

Princess Margaret?

I thought Princess Pushy is Freddy's mummy?? Confused

G Confused

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »

He was a wild child in his youth (modelling, drinking, possibly worse - Princess Margaret publicly said her son was "no junkie" but he seems to have settled down in the last few years since meeting Sophie and having daughters. He works in finance, i think.
He isn't Princess Margaret's son but Princess Michael of Kent's.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2019, 12:46:08 PM »

He was a wild child in his youth (modelling, drinking, possibly worse - Princess Margaret publicly said her son was "no junkie" but he seems to have settled down in the last few years since meeting Sophie and having daughters. He works in finance, i think.
He isn't Princess Margaret's son but Princess Michael of Kent's.

Typo! Typo! My apologies! He is of course, the son of ol Christine Cankles

Cool your jets, everyone
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2019, 12:51:06 PM »

However he is an equally good example of beautiful ancestors producing hhm not quite so handsome offspring.
His mother (princess pushy - you can say about her whatever you like) was quite attractive in her youth, Dad's parents were the Brad Pitt and Angie Jolie of royal Britain's mid thirties. And yet poor Freddy looks like he got out of the hospital just 10 min ago.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2019, 01:15:09 PM »

Thank you, everyone, for posting the photos! I was thrilled to see Ella and Tom so happy and in love. Wishing them all the happiness in the world!  Champagne I like her so much and it looks like Tom is a great person too.

Among the guests, from those we've seen, only HM looked gorgeous, everyone else is frighteningly ugly.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: