Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Gabriella Windsor engaged to Thomas Kingston  (Read 139490 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »

I thou8ght Zara,Peter,Eugenie were also good friends as well as cousins...............how come they didn't attend?
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2019, 04:38:32 PM »

Just getting caught up on the dishing from this as I don't usually use RD on the weekends, but I can't believe Fergie was invited to this! Someone must still think highly of her to invite her. Just seems odd to me especially since this isn't a closer relation -- a niece or nephew (e.g., William, Harry)

I thought the same SQ. I wonder who it was that wished for her presence. Because there was no way she was not going to attend. Perhaps the younger generation remembers her fondly, or is more forgiving?
I'm telling you....she's coming back officially very soon. And honestly, if they are going to move the goal posts with the CoE to allow Charles and Camilla to marry  and he remains as heir to the throne, it's far less problematic for a divorced couple to remarry each other. Not to mention how hypocrtical otherwise. They have been together for decades. They recently bought the house in Verbiers together. She's back in the fold publicly. It's coming.
That has been the rumour for years, perhaps they are just happy with things as they are. If Fergie remarries, and I pity HM in advance, that will make her full BRF member again, it's easier to claim they neither know nor care what she does since she is not part of the family, that, however, would dramatically change if they chose to remarry.

Did any of the relatives of Prince Philip's sisters from Germany attend the wedding?
Any reason why they should? They have very little to do with the Kents, don't they?

Philip was a Greek prince, and Lady Gabriella’s grandmother was a Greek princess, so I would think they’d be some degree of cousins. I don’t think it would make the news if they spent time together.
The former king and queen attend, so that's enough former Greek royals there, at this point, other descendants from Prince Andrew are more German than anything else.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2019, 04:51:21 PM »

I thou8ght Zara,Peter,Eugenie were also good friends as well as cousins...............how come they didn't attend?

Well Zara Peter and Eugenie are actual cousins from HM's line ..
.  Ella is a daughter of HMs cousin- she and Prince Michael were both grandchildren of a previous King... I suspect that the Windsors promote the direct family to the exclusion of the rest except where they want to use them ...
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2019, 04:55:11 PM »

Zara, Mike, Peter and Autumn were at the Mike Tindall Celebrity Golf Classic. There is a post about it in the Zara thread.  Not sure about Eugenie.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »

Zara, Mike, Peter and Autumn were at the Mike Tindall Celebrity Golf Classic. There is a post about it in the Zara thread.  Not sure about Eugenie.

Well there was sponsorship involved there so no struggles as to which event they were going too ...  ... no appearance fees for a wedding or future fees to be earned from other attendees... it was a family occasion apparently
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »

Well there was sponsorship involved there so no struggles as to which event they were going too ...  ... no appearance fees for a wedding or future fees to be earned from other attendees... it was a family occasion apparently

Please see the post in Zara's thread. - The Mike Tindall Celebrity Golf Classic raises money for charities involved with Parkinsons (which Mike's father is suffering from). Quote from ralf103

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2019, 06:10:02 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co....side-Thomas-Kingston.html

Some lovely pics in the article.  It looked like a beautiful family wedding, I hope they're very happy.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Victoria38

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2019, 06:22:06 PM »

Just getting caught up on the dishing from this as I don't usually use RD on the weekends, but I can't believe Fergie was invited to this! Someone must still think highly of her to invite her. Just seems odd to me especially since this isn't a closer relation -- a niece or nephew (e.g., William, Harry)

I guessed that Fergie would be there as only 7 months ago Tom and Ella attended Eugenie's wedding and I think there is a genuine friendship between Eugenie, Ella and Ella's brother. Eugenie is Maud Windsor's godmother so she obviously has a close friendship with Freddie but as Ella was also invited to her wedding, when other younger extended family such as the Gloucester children were not,  it would seem that Ella is also close to her. Eugenie even put a picture from Ella's wedding on her instagram account saying congratulations and calling them "dear Ella and Tom" and apparently she only missed the occasion because she was out of the country. I didn't therefore think that Fergie would be overlooked for this wedding but I do agree that there is something more significant going on. I think Eugenie's nuptials gave Sarah a taste of being back 'in the family' again and it's obvious that Andrew would love to officially have her back by his side. The only problem is that, as someone else mentioned, once she's a member of the BRF again anything embarrassing she might do will embarrass the family as a whole. Are they prepared to take the risk with her a second time?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:00:08 PM by Victoria38 » Logged
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2019, 06:44:51 PM »

Lovely photo! (Except for that one bridesmaid who is having a massive sulk    Icecream)

Cool your jets, everyone
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »

Lovely photo! (Except for that one bridesmaid who is having a massive sulk    Icecream)

Lovely photo.

But a bit too much photoshop for me. The people look totally placed into the background from another photo.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2019, 06:59:19 PM »

Princess Alexandra looks lovely

Cool your jets, everyone
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »

Princess Alexandra looks lovely

I wonder why they didn't include the Duke of Kent in the picture if Princess Alexandra was in it...They're siblings. Or was he not there at all?
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2019, 07:13:21 PM »

The Duke of Kent was in Greece.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2019, 10:27:13 PM »

Bruhaha, we have a winner. The oldest piece of clothing worn to this wedding is ... Birgittes Aerobic Headband.

First worn 1984 (!) - that is 35 years ago, the bride was 3 then - for Trooping the Color, most interestingly the brooch as well.

Credit for this find to OoSS's second blog, From Her Majesty's jewel Vault, where I spotted this. But I thought it's worthwhile to share.
For once, it's not Anne winning the recycling contest ...

I bet it's safe to say that Birgitte doesn't Kondo much, otherwise this THING would have been gone for good decades ago ...
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2019, 10:47:49 PM »

Bruhaha, we have a winner. The oldest piece of clothing worn to this wedding is ... Birgittes Aerobic Headband.

First worn 1984 (!) - that is 35 years ago, the bride was 3 then - for Trooping the Color, most interestingly the brooch as well.

Credit for this find to OoSS's second blog, From Her Majesty's jewel Vault, where I spotted this. But I thought it's worthwhile to share.
For once, it's not Anne winning the recycling contest ...

I bet it's safe to say that Birgitte doesn't Kondo much, otherwise this THING would have been gone for good decades ago ...

Nice touch from the then-Viscount Linley to chose a hairdo matching with his mother's 

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: