Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eugenie and Jack - wedding thread  (Read 48529 times)
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:12 PM »

That or have the resources of a royal!

Elopement with a celebratory BBQ later also works ...

The very best sort of wedding, IMO! 
Seagull
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: January 11, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »

I think it's a pity Eugenie did not wear her bridal veil. It is such a unique opportunity in a woman's life. For me, something was missing from the otherwise good look. I was disappointed, but that's me.

ďIn the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.Ē
Buddha
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: January 11, 2019, 03:47:52 PM »

I think that tiara was so beautiful and striking that a veil would have been distracting. Iím very glad she didnít wear one.
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: February 06, 2019, 09:03:29 AM »

I think that tiara was so beautiful and striking that a veil would have been distracting. Iím very glad she didnít wear one.

I'm glad she didn't wear one either. I thought the entire look was absolutely beautiful!
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:40 AM »

I'm glad she didn't wear one either. I thought the entire look was absolutely beautiful!
Beer Breathtakingly beautiful, genuinely happy and so in love.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: February 06, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »

Thanks??

No I’m kidding. I’m just not a girly or organized person so I’m terrified.

You could do what some of us other non-girly management types do, set the budget, write the checks, and hire with your daughter a wedding planner who understands the concept of real and rational.  Good experience in hands off for you, great experience in mentored event management for your daughter, and someone else to deal with the inevitable meltdowns.  Just sayin’ ...

Well or you could go easy. I mean with 30 years of experience in being married, I can safely say, the wedding, the glam and fun there or the lack of it, is not what keeps a marriage going. And the memory of a particularly luxurious feast, envied by everybody and the highschool nemensis, is not what keeps you from occassionally murdering him in his sleep (and your day dreams).
But that's just me. We had a wedding, that took only a little more planning than a regular Birthday Party.
Of course Granny was not Queen of an old long lost empire..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: February 06, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »

Thanks??

No I’m kidding. I’m just not a girly or organized person so I’m terrified.

You could do what some of us other non-girly management types do, set the budget, write the checks, and hire with your daughter a wedding planner who understands the concept of real and rational.  Good experience in hands off for you, great experience in mentored event management for your daughter, and someone else to deal with the inevitable meltdowns.  Just sayin’ ...

Well or you could go easy. I mean with 30 years of experience in being married, I can safely say, the wedding, the glam and fun there or the lack of it, is not what keeps a marriage going. And the memory of a particularly luxurious feast, envied by everybody and the highschool nemensis, is not what keeps you from occassionally murdering him in his sleep (and your day dreams).
But that's just me. We had a wedding, that took only a little more planning than a regular Birthday Party.
Of course Granny was not Queen of an old long lost empire..

Bwahahahah so glad I'm not the only one. Hubby and I got married one day at the courthouse and that was that. No party, no big anything. We spent the rest of the day doing Army DEERS crap (at least Ft Benning is quick). My favorite memory (and a stronger one then the wedding) is our first anniversary. We were driving from Alaska to Michigan for Christmas and had stopped to make some sandwiches. He turned off the headlights and BOOM, the first time I saw the Northern Lights. They were so beautiful and it was perfect. Those type of memories are what count for me.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: February 07, 2019, 02:13:22 AM »

She keeps changing her mind ( sigh) but for now she wants us to give her what we would for a wedding as a down payment on a house and sheíll forego the big party.
Thanks everyone for your advice!!
And I agree weddings are a major waste of money. If it wasnít for my wedding pictures, the only thing I would remember from my wedding was my husband being pissed he didnít get a piece of his grooms cake because we were too busy
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: February 09, 2019, 03:27:52 AM »

Eugenie's wedding dress will be on display at Windsor from March 1st to April 22nd.  Very exciting though not a surprise considering she's an HRH and her wedding was the better received one.

https://www.rct.uk/about/...nie-of-york-and-mr-jack#/
Princess MS

Warned
Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: February 09, 2019, 07:51:56 AM »

The day is what the couple want to make of it - and their families - especially if they are paying - I have known people to take out huge loans for big weddings for their children - I'm not sure that is a good idea unless it really matters . . . my parents paid half of an expensive wedding for my brother and a down payment on the home 18 months later because my SIL wanted to bring the baby home to "their place" and not a rental. The marriage did not last and my brother walked away with next to nothing - so my parents did not make a wise decision in both events. If you are putting money up for a property have a legal loan agreement or you name on the title deeds.They did not borrow money but had less to spend in retirement
Ghost

Mini Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: February 09, 2019, 08:05:02 AM »

The only strong memories I have from our wedding are two: at church, at a certain moment of the service, I had a very realistic sensation that angels were dancing around us, and the dance with my father. The rest is foggy. 20 years ago and looking forward to the next 50.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: February 09, 2019, 04:58:57 PM »

I think that Eugenie's gown was perfect for her.....and the tiara was fantastic with her coloring..........am glad to didn't go for the head covering...it distracts and gets in the way,.

Just wish someone would "leak" the reception parties of Eugenie,Harry,Pippa.........................not that interested in Kate's--probably boring
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: February 09, 2019, 06:26:09 PM »

Eugenie's wedding dress will be on display at Windsor from March 1st to April 22nd.  Very exciting though not a surprise considering she's an HRH and her wedding was the better received one.

Iíll be in London then!  Should we have an RD tour?

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: February 09, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »

Iíll be in London then!  Should we have an RD tour?

Curtains your mission, should you chosen to accept it, is to travel to Windsor, tour the exhibition, and provide a detailed report to all of us unfortunate Dishers who are unable to join you.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: February 28, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »

Eugenie's wedding dress is now exposed at Windsor Castle

https://twitter.com/Majes...tatus/1101062598559260672

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: