Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: Which would you rather have experienced?
Having the wind lift your skirt on the steps and show your undies
Having Sarah Fergusonís sweat stains

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eugenieís wedding: Which would you rather?  (Read 13244 times)
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 07:20:12 PM »

Iíve never used anti perspirant,is it safe?

Dark silk,tight sleeves,emotions,itís very normal she sweated a bit.if the silk was white or black we didnít notice,but that dark green called for disaster.
But at the end of  the day a sweat stain can be photoshopped,flashing canít.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 07:24:05 PM »

And Jack was her minder at Harryís wedding
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 07:27:20 PM »

Ironically both incidents could have been avoided by better planning and more sense.
Wear proper underskirt or longer dress made of heavier fabric,  its especially MUST when its so windy outside and you wear wide skirt that is prone to fly up with a gust of wind.  Louise is still young, so I give her a pass and I feel sorry for her. But its something mothers should teach to their daughters (mine did), so I find it weird Sophie didn't think to prepare/protect her daughter better. Or is this kind of flashing to shrug off in royal circles?

When you tend to get sweat patches and even antiperspirants won't help, then choose looser cuts, skin-friendly materials and sweat-proof colors that won't show stains. Hmm, perhaps that is why Megan so often wears darker colors  Thinking
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »

If I have an important event where I am being photographed - Iím a rarity in my profession and am frequently trotted out as a ďrole modelĒ - I make damned sure I examine from all angles.  More times than I can tell, the fickle weather has elected to turn up the heat and having recently come out the other side of hot flashes, I have been painfully aware of the trickle of sweat beading up in places I canít be photographed dabbing.

I thought that my mom was an old fuddy duddy when, when I was entering puberty with the wild smells and uncontrollable sweats, she presented me with dress shields.  Dress shields!  Not for THIS child of the 1970ís and 80ís - Fergie is just a shade older than I.  But I found those things on Amazon and started pinning them in when I knew the cameras would be likely to peer in.  And while I have occasionally examined a photo and seen a slight line of the dress shield from the other side of the dress, Iíve been grateful that the pits arenít exhibiting their drenching when I know Iím more than ďglowingĒ.

Of all days when she knew not only that she was going to be scrutinized but that she could never help herself from being as exhibitionist as ever, Fergie should have given it some thought.  More to the point, so should her dressmaker, as that garment was clearly bespoke.  It had a hefty lining of tighter material to serve as additional corseting so she knew she had to make some preparations.

She only has one more event to parade herself - Beaís wedding, whenever that will be.  The fact that she squandered this one without prepping completely is just as foolish as she has ever been.

Louise is at the beginning of her Royal career.  Fergieís was long over and this was her almost-farewell?  Gawd, 40 years on, and she still miffs it.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »

Nobody deliberately made sure their skirt would blow up.  It was a windy day.  It happens.

Usually people with a sweat issue also cannot help it.  They don't do it on purpose. However, they also know that they have this issue and so most dress accordingly.  I guarantee she knew she had a sweat issue, and so she's an idiot for not either putting additional fabric in that arm pit area to mask this, or for wearing something in a color that doesn't show the stains.  That dress was a failure on so many levels; it was far too tight, and the color showed the sweat stains.
genever
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 09:27:22 PM »

Call me naÔve, but was it necessary for that picture of Sarah to be published at all?
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »

Call me naÔve, but was it necessary for that picture of Sarah to be published at all?

This is Fergie.

Deservedly or not, she is one of the press's favourite whipping boys.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 09:34:22 PM »

Sarah has admitted to emotional eating when stressed. I wonder if at one point the dress fit just fine and she just gained a bit of weight and it was too late to adjust the dress and she just wore it anyways.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 10:16:56 PM »

I absolutely hate those sudden sweat attacks. I have disappeared to numerous restrooms to discreetly (and desperately) wipe dry and reapply useless deodorants. But at my age (and Fergie is several years older) those occasions are not entirely unknown. It is extremely likely that Fergie had such attacks before and she should have prepared better. There are stuff that effectively keeps you from getting wet, yes not particularly healthy  Confused but such special events don't come 24/7 and so I believe they can be justified. It is however possible that Fergie used all those little tricks and they all failed her. She was indeed a bundle of nerves in the cathedral and Bea was doing nothing but keeping her calm.
As to Darling Louise: I found her knickers funny, you'd think a girl her age would wear something plain and sporty.. Angel In any case I think that Louise is far too young to be hold to the same standards as the adult royals, I will easily excuse her here and en contraire I do pity her tremendously. At her age your dignity is an extremely fragile and vulnerable thing, to have it hurt like this is very painful for a teenage girl. I really really hope she can laugh it off. But I fear she will hate this.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »

Which one?  There are literally dozens of her sweaty pits from her grasping at spectators upon arrival until the last wave-off.  Excluding the dozens - nay hundreds - would basically reduce the wedding coverage to bride, groom, groomís family, FOB, and wedding attendants.

Nothing to do with her being a fave whipping boy - she might as well have pointed to the blotches under one arm with the other hand.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 11:16:26 PM »

Which one?  There are literally dozens of her sweaty pits from her grasping at spectators upon arrival until the last wave-off.  Excluding the dozens - nay hundreds - would basically reduce the wedding coverage to bride, groom, groomís family, FOB, and wedding attendants.

Nothing to do with her being a fave whipping boy - she might as well have pointed to the blotches under one arm with the other hand.

Yeah, it's in dozens of photos.  They can't exactly remove her entirely from the wedding, and from what I've heard about photoshop, wet stains can't be photoshopped out.  She made a mistake in choosing that dress.  It was far too tight.  Perhaps if it was looser, the stains might not have been there due to the fabric not clinging to the skin.  Thinking
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2018, 12:18:06 AM »

Yeah, it's in dozens of photos.  They can't exactly remove her entirely from the wedding, and from what I've heard about photoshop, wet stains can't be photoshopped out.  She made a mistake in choosing that dress.  It was far too tight.  Perhaps if it was looser, the stains might not have been there due to the fabric not clinging to the skin.  Thinking

Photoshop made her much thinner in the official wedding photos, but her arms were down so they didnít have to correct any sweat stains.

That dress was so tight Iím really convinced that it once fit and she gained a lot of weight since she bought it.  And nobody was brave enough to convince her that it looked bad.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2018, 12:45:23 AM »

Given the choice, would much rather be caught by a gust of wind than sweaty armpits. 

Simply don't understand why Sarah didn't make allowances for this happening by wearing something that wouldn't show a stain - dress shields, a different colour, a different/lighter fabric, a dress with a light jacket over the top.  It must've been horrible for her, and for the people around her. 

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 03:18:03 AM »

There must be something wrong with me. I like Stephanie of Monaco. I continue to like Sarah. I think she is not very bright and has never been able to or accepted for herself. She's not and never was royal material, but she was fun and Andrew and she seemed to genuinely like each other. Wasn't she like, the horse keeper's daughter? Anyway, she's almost like a country bumpkin but not bright enough to figure out how to operate in the gilded halls of many arrows royal confines. But when she had all that debt, she got out there and hustled and made money. She got used to her lifestyle and Andrew probably supported that, because look at him, Mr. Entitled. I bet if they had been able to keep their escapades out of the press, they would have weathered them between themselves and been okay. I just don't feel like she is a fake person inside, but has been trying to fit into something that her royal life brought her and has never quite fit.

Does DoE hate her because of the bad publicity? They could have ensured that she was not humiliated financially when they divorced. Or did he never just like her at all?

It does seem Andrew and Sarah are good parents and maybe if they had stayed together they would have eventually brought out each other's better sides. I don't know. But I feel sorry for her in some ways. She just doesn't get it on so many levels despite lots of royal and royal adjacent experience. When the Queen or DoE dies, will there be bookmaking on them remarrying each other?
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 03:55:07 AM »

I donít think anyone would hold Louise responsible for what happened to her, she was badly let down by her parents and by anyone who had anything to do with the organising of the wedding.  The weather had been forecast all week and the previous day had been very windy, they would have practiced walking up the steps so it should have been obvious that it was too much for her to manage all those little children and that it was actually not safe, a gust could easily have sent one of the little ones tumbling backwards, there should have been another adult to step in and help her and if Fergie wasnít such a liability it should have been Bea, the Maid of Honour, who was actually just her mothers nursemaid.

I absolutely hate the way the RF dress their kids in clothes that are too young for them and Louises dress showed this again, it was more suited to a nine or ten yr old, not a teenager, but to have not made sure the wind didnít blow it up or that what she was wearing underneath would protect her modesty was awful, she was badly let down.  A pair of thin Lycra shorts would have been fine, wouldnít have altered the fit of the dress and would have revealed nothing when the wind took her skirt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: