Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: Which would you rather have experienced?
Having the wind lift your skirt on the steps and show your undies
Having Sarah Ferguson’s sweat stains

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eugenie’s wedding: Which would you rather?  (Read 13234 times)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 04:03:51 AM »

I like Sophie but she isn't guiding her daughter very well when it comes to clothing. Louise had always been dressed young and here she is again with a dress that is too short. She could have worn a dress that was more structured and past the knee.
I agree with that whole situation with Bea all she did all day is hang out with her mom and leave Louise to chase after children.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2018, 04:06:43 AM »

I like Sophie but she isn't guiding her daughter very well when it comes to clothing. Louise had always been dressed young and here she is again with a dress that is too short. She could have worn a dress that was more structured and past the knee.
I agree with that whole situation with Bea all she did all day is hang out with her mom and leave Louise to chase after children.

I feel sad for Louise, I’ve always thought she has self confidence issues and the way she is dressed doesn’t help, she’s a teenage girl for goodness sake, let her be one! She can be a teenager and still be appropriate, there’s no need for her to either look like a ten yr old or a 50 yr old which is all they seem to give her.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2018, 04:09:33 AM »

I was quite shocked the poor kid (Louise) was left to manage all the little ones on her own.  It was crazy.  They have so much hired help, that a nanny should have been there to help her wrangle them up the stairs.

Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2018, 04:22:29 AM »

I feel sad for Louise, I’ve always thought she has self confidence issues and the way she is dressed doesn’t help, she’s a teenage girl for goodness sake, let her be one! She can be a teenager and still be appropriate, there’s no need for her to either look like a ten yr old or a 50 yr old which is all they seem to give her.

Star  Sophie obviously puts a lot of effort into dressing herself, and she should be giving her daughter's clothes the same consideration she gives her own.

armchair fashionista

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2018, 04:41:28 AM »

Star  Sophie obviously puts a lot of effort into dressing herself, and she should be giving her daughter's clothes the same consideration she gives her own.

Exactly what I said in a previous post lol
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2018, 09:34:31 AM »

I’ve never used anti perspirant,is it safe?

Works. 100%. Word!

I don't use it on a daily basis (contains Aluminium), but for occasions where I need to be safe.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2018, 12:07:54 PM »

Well at least there are no pictures of Louise circling the regular web. (BTW there is one showing Kate battling the winds and showing off her pins). I find it extremely strange that apart from the few moments of Louise herding the children up the stairs and then sitting inside next to the none-prince of Greece, there is nothing of her to be seen. She isn't in one of the official pictures with the bridal party nor in the one with the children. She wasn't even next to Mom and brother at the cathedral door after the nuptials.. Was that deliberate, coincidental or did she refuse to be on a pic after she saw her backside on public television?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2018, 11:00:42 PM »

Nobody deliberately made sure their skirt would blow up.  It was a windy day.  It happens.

Usually people with a sweat issue also cannot help it.  They don't do it on purpose. However, they also know that they have this issue and so most dress accordingly.  I guarantee she knew she had a sweat issue, and so she's an idiot for not either putting additional fabric in that arm pit area to mask this, or for wearing something in a color that doesn't show the stains.  That dress was a failure on so many levels; it was far too tight, and the color showed the sweat stains.

I agree, but there's a reason to wear slips, which many women don't seem to use anymore. There are reasons for wearing one.
Pepper

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 12:51:45 AM »

There must be something wrong with me. I like Stephanie of Monaco. I continue to like Sarah. I think she is not very bright and has never been able to or accepted for herself. She's not and never was royal material, but she was fun and Andrew and she seemed to genuinely like each other. Wasn't she like, the horse keeper's daughter? Anyway, she's almost like a country bumpkin but not bright enough to figure out how to operate in the gilded halls of many arrows royal confines. But when she had all that debt, she got out there and hustled and made money. She got used to her lifestyle and Andrew probably supported that, because look at him, Mr. Entitled. I bet if they had been able to keep their escapades out of the press, they would have weathered them between themselves and been okay. I just don't feel like she is a fake person inside, but has been trying to fit into something that her royal life brought her and has never quite fit.

Does DoE hate her because of the bad publicity? They could have ensured that she was not humiliated financially when they divorced. Or did he never just like her at all?

It does seem Andrew and Sarah are good parents and maybe if they had stayed together they would have eventually brought out each other's better sides. I don't know. But I feel sorry for her in some ways. She just doesn't get it on so many levels despite lots of royal and royal adjacent experience. When the Queen or DoE dies, will there be bookmaking on them remarrying each other?

From articles I’ve read, the DoE was very fond of Sarah. When the toe photos hit the press, she was with the Queen at Balmoral. Andrew did not have a lot of money of his own when they divorced. He was in the navy (or had just gotten out).

Back to her sweating,  never in a million years would I have worn a dress of that material/color solely because of sweat. Botox is very good at stopping sweat and it is very popular in Hollywood. She could have gone that route if she wanted something that works.

So I’d choose a skirt flyup over sweaty, wet pits any day.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 03:48:57 AM »

I do feel for Louise, I hope this doesn’t knock her confidence! She always seems a bit uncomfortable when in public.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 04:40:38 AM »

Nobody deliberately made sure their skirt would blow up.  It was a windy day.  It happens.

Usually people with a sweat issue also cannot help it.  They don't do it on purpose. However, they also know that they have this issue and so most dress accordingly.  I guarantee she knew she had a sweat issue, and so she's an idiot for not either putting additional fabric in that arm pit area to mask this, or for wearing something in a color that doesn't show the stains.  That dress was a failure on so many levels; it was far too tight, and the color showed the sweat stains.

I agree, but there's a reason to wear slips, which many women don't seem to use anymore. There are reasons for wearing one.

Slips also blow up when it's very windy.  I wear a slip under many dresses, and they blow up too.  None of these women did this on purpose, and I don't think it's fair to treat them as if they've done something wrong. It happens.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2018, 09:56:33 AM »

Slips also blow up when it's very windy.  I wear a slip under many dresses, and they blow up too.  None of these women did this on purpose, and I don't think it's fair to treat them as if they've done something wrong. It happens.

The forecast had been predicting this weather all week, plenty of time to make adjustments.  Wouldn’t for one minute hold Louise responsible but whoever dressed her I would and as for Kate, she’s a lost cause.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »

The forecast had been predicting this weather all week, plenty of time to make adjustments.  Wouldn’t for one minute hold Louise responsible but whoever dressed her I would and as for Kate, she’s a lost cause.

Like literally every other woman on the planet who has had this happen, she probably thought she could simply hold the skirt and it would suffice.  I HIGHLY doubt she wore a skirt out of malicious intent or in the hopes that it would blow up.   That's ridiculous.  It happens.  It's not the end of the world, and NONE of them did it deliberately. Thumb down 

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2018, 08:30:30 PM »

Louise's outfit may not have been chosen by Sophie but rather by Eugenie or a wedding planner or wedding stylist, in a color to match Beatrice.  Louise is a child who did remarkably well in her role in the wedding.  She kept well a hold of the other children and helped them up the steps when they were struggling - rather than let these kids be knocked over by the wind. In fact I have seen video of other children who were blown over.  Sophie nor Louise, to my knowledge, wield any power over the weather. Perhaps it should be taken up with Father Zeus or one of the minor wind gods. Faulting either Sophie or Louise for a wardrobe malfunction that could not be helped is a bit too much.  It's an unfortunate moment in time now but it's nothing she should be ashamed over.
Malenkaya

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2018, 11:04:24 PM »

Back to her sweating,  never in a million years would I have worn a dress of that material/color solely because of sweat. Botox is very good at stopping sweat and it is very popular in Hollywood. She could have gone that route if she wanted something that works.

It's become fairly affordable as well. I get it done for medical reasons though. However for some people it can increase sweating in other areas. It can be a rock and a hard place sort of situation if you get that side effect with some outfits.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: