Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan is pregnant, due Spring 2019  (Read 39275 times)
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »

According to the DM she'd due in late-March/early-April
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2019, 01:00:27 PM »

Very true

Though it is also the first time (ever?) that a Prince if Wales has had two grown sons married with children.

Well under the 1917 LP, yes, Charles is the first. As for the general statement, no - Edward VII had adult children and grandchildren as PoW. The next PoW, later George V, his children were on the just shy of adulthood when he ascended the throne (they would marry late by the standards of the day, for the most part).

Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2019, 01:03:58 PM »

Very true

Though it is also the first time (ever?) that a Prince if Wales has had two grown sons married with children.

Well under the 1917 LP, yes, Charles is the first. As for the general statement, no - Edward VII had adult children and grandchildren as PoW. The next PoW, later George V, his children were on the just shy of adulthood when he ascended the throne (they would marry late by the standards of the day, for the most part).

Iím looking only at sons.  Edward VII has only one son married with children as his eldest died if Spainish Flu and his youngest at a day old.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »

What would happen if Charles passes away before the Queen then ? Would the Sussex children still become HRH as the monarch's nephews / nieces ?
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2019, 01:52:03 PM »

What would happen if Charles passes away before the Queen then ? Would the Sussex children still become HRH as the monarch's nephews / nieces ?

Nope...not unless William issues LPs (according to the 1917 LPs).
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: January 09, 2019, 02:14:01 PM »

Wait, Markle is pregnant?  Why, I hadnít heard!

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2019, 02:15:55 PM »

Ahh, yes, she is indeed. But you see, they are keeping it rather subtle as not to overshadow the more important tasks of their work.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
QueenE

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2019, 02:25:41 PM »

Ahh, yes, she is indeed. But you see, they are keeping it rather subtle as not to overshadow the more important tasks of their work.

Ahh, the snarkiness is real. I love it.  Star for you both.

"they are keeping it rather subtle" HA, that's the best line I've read all day.   Laughing
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: January 09, 2019, 03:11:48 PM »

Well that could get interesting. Icecream

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2019, 05:46:08 PM »

According to the DM she'd due in late-March/early-April
That means we have 3 full months ahead of us with endless belly-cupping.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: January 09, 2019, 05:58:19 PM »

^^^ I think it is preferable for the Sussex child to just roll with the flow established by the existing Letters Patent.  I think that to issue special LP would ascribe to the child an importance he or she does not possess.  I say that mindful of the recent article about Harry's non-spare status.  The Cambridge children will be children of the monarch one day, and one of them will himself be monarch, and the same was so - in fact if not in legal fiction - of Princess Elizabeth's children.  This is not the case with the Sussex children since the current heir's heir has an heir of his own and that heir's heir's heir has two spares waiting in the wings so there is no need at all to treat Harry's children as special enough to warrant the issuing of special LP to grant them a rank they will attain one day anyway on the accession of their paternal grandfather. 

Completely agree.  Meghan and Harry are fools to expect otherwise. 

QEII is at an advanced age.  The kid will be HRH soon enough.  If they change it because Harry and Sparkles are being entitled douchebags, then that is a ridiculous shame.  Thumb down
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: January 09, 2019, 05:59:54 PM »

Laugh bounce Laughing Star

I know right?  You'd never know it by looking at her.  She certainly hasn't been drawing attention to her midsection by using her hands. No, not at all.  Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »

I know right?  You'd never know it by looking at her.  She certainly hasn't been drawing attention to her midsection by using her hands. No, not at all.  Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle

The Sussexes are veritable souls of discretion.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2019, 06:31:20 PM »

The Sussexes are veritable souls of discretion.

And humanitarians, and "down-to-earth", and (insert whatever other adjective PR and Stans have worked so hard to lie about here). 
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »

three cheers for Billy's smash hits on LONG Play Vinyl  Thumb up Banana

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: