Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan is pregnant, due Spring 2019  (Read 49025 times)
Paulina

Warned
Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: February 07, 2019, 03:38:28 AM »

Maybe Meghan has a plan. Start out every so bravely with no pain killers or medication of any kind, then have to give up her brave plan for the sake of the baby's health and move to a hospital. (I don't think it's far to move since doesn't one or all of the palaces have a hospital in it. )  I'm for sure not saying that she does think that way but wouldn't it be just the ticket to screaming headlines about how courageous she is. Just a thought. If I were her age and had all the resources imaginable for a healthy birth of a baby you can bet I would be taking full advantage of them. Especially the epidural. Who needs that kind of pain. I still can't buy into this natural birth she seems to be planning since this is a 'royal' baby and not just hers. This is Harry's baby too and no way can I see him putting that tiny life at any risk however minimal it may be.

ETA: I had plans for a  'natural' drug free birth in a hospital with my first child. About 3 labor pains in I had changed my mind about the drugs. Give them to me. And then after about an hour I was screaming that I had changed my mind about having a baby and to call the whole thing off, after which I was screaming 'I'm going to adopt my next one.' I was asleep when my baby was born and we didn't get introduced until I woke up in the recovery room.

Jumping Star Laugh bounce  thatís a great story. Plans and ideas about the plan do change during labor.
CyrilSebastian

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: February 07, 2019, 10:10:56 PM »

Is there any official word that Meghan's mother Doria will be in England when the baby is born?
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: February 07, 2019, 10:21:01 PM »

Is there any official word that Meghan's mother Doria will be in England when the baby is born?

Nope...just speculation.  Heck Doria was barely in the UK for the wedding (or book launch) so I'm 50/50 on this one.  She's got her own life in LA (house, dogs, work?) so I would be harder to come for long periods especially if she doesn't have a partner to pick up the slack.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2019, 10:50:14 AM »

Quick question: if The Queen decided that the Sussex babie are HRH by birth, when could we expect the letters to be published?

With KAte first pregnancy, the letters were issued in late December 2013 and made public in early January 2013. George was born in July.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: February 11, 2019, 01:31:16 PM »

Quick question: if The Queen decided that the Sussex babie are HRH by birth, when could we expect the letters to be published?

With KAte first pregnancy, the letters were issued in late December 2013 and made public in early January 2013. George was born in July.

Before baby's born (I know not helpful). 

IMO the prompt LPs for the Cambridge family was do (more) to the succession acts before the commonwealth realms than anything else.  You had Cambridge #1 on the way and laws being changed so that regardless of gender (and future siblings) Cambridge #1 would be a future monarch but the 1917 LPs said that only a boy would be HRH.  Someone probably thought...might want to change that so our future queen is not born Lady with a younger brother being HRH.

Here's something interesting though...I looked at LPs for Charles and Anne (since the 1917 LPs wouldn't have covered them).  KGVI didn't sign LPs created QEII's kids HRHs from birth until October 22, 1948 (published November 9, 1948) and Charles was born on November 15, 1948 (3.5 weeks after signing and 6 days after publishing).

Honestly HM could wait until Meghan goes into labor to sign...as long as the signing happens first baby is HRH from birth.  I have the slightly unpopular opinion that if the Sussex kid(s) will use HRH once Charles is king then they should just be HRH from birth...why make QEII's death and Charles accession about them and their titles.  If their not going to use HRH (ever) then I would prefer them to just announce that already...Edward and Sophie did so at their wedding for pete's sake.  The Stans are making this into a race thing (or a Queen hates Meghan thing) so either BP or KP needs to step up and fix it.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2019, 03:13:31 PM »

the  old LP  was HRH Prince for the eldest son of the eldest son of the POW. Didn't really take into account the fact that the succession might go through the female line (hence George Vi's amendment) or the recent change to the firstborn being monarch.

Looking back Edward VIII and George VI were HH Prince... for the first few years of their lives, appreciate that it was before the 1917 change but maybe that is an option for the Sussex sprogs?

Can't somehow imagine people getting their heads around calling son 1 Lord Dumbarton.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2019, 03:35:57 PM »

the  old LP  was HRH Prince for the eldest son of the eldest son of the POW. Didn't really take into account the fact that the succession might go through the female line (hence George Vi's amendment) or the recent change to the firstborn being monarch.

Looking back Edward VIII and George VI were HH Prince... for the first few years of their lives, appreciate that it was before the 1917 change but maybe that is an option for the Sussex sprogs?

Can't somehow imagine people getting their heads around calling son 1 Lord Dumbarton.

Maybe but I doubt it.  The HH was because that's how the Hanoverians did things and QV loved to issue LPs.  In 1917 they need to get rid of German connects (or a least names) and streamline the titles a bit.  Since then it's been HRH or children of a duke (or earl for the Wessex's but their special).  The Sussex family is also the first time that a Prince of Wales has had two sons married let alone married with children.  The future Edward VII might have if Albert Victor hadn't died during the 1891 flu pandemic.  And creating the Sussex kid(s) something lower would cause issues with PR and the Stans so best not.

My point more with KGVI for Liz and Philip's kids was the short time between LPs and Charles's birth despite the fact that Charles was to be 2nd in line.
minimoos

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2019, 03:13:22 AM »

I have the slightly unpopular opinion that if the Sussex kid(s) will use HRH once Charles is king then they should just be HRH from birth...why make QEII's death and Charles accession about them and their titles. 

With Charles, he will be the oldest Prince of Wales to become king. If he should happen to not outlive his mother, then the Sussex would be nieces and nephews of the king- not the grandchildren, and still would be HRH. Maybe thatís the thought, preparing for every possibility?

Of course, now that I say that, QEII will probably issue the LP tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: