Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Megan - Dresses  (Read 12516 times)
NAOTMAA

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2018, 01:25:34 AM »

NEW black dress, not identified yet

She's showing more skin then all the other people on that balcony combined  Shocked  

Talk about being completely out of step with the program   Nono
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2018, 01:38:26 AM »

NEW black dress, not identified yet

She's showing more skin then all the other people on that balcony combined  Shocked 

Talk about being completely out of step with the program   Nono

Yup...but totally in line with attracting lots of attention to herself as the eye draws to her amongst all that black  Snare

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2018, 01:55:12 AM »

Wow.  Am surprised by what she's wearing.  Didn't realise how unsuitable (just my opinion) it was for the occasion.  But, maybe I'm a fuddy-duddy.   

Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2018, 01:56:20 AM »

I agree, it's very inappropriate. I think it just shows Meghan doesn't really understand her place as a member of the BRF. It's not celebrity, Meghan, it really is not. I also wonder how much she cares about Armistice Day events and so on, it isn't a thing here--Veterans' Day on Monday is.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2018, 02:12:53 AM »

I agree, it's very inappropriate. I think it just shows Meghan doesn't really understand her place as a member of the BRF. It's not celebrity, Meghan, it really is not. I also wonder how much she cares about Armistice Day events and so on, it isn't a thing here--Veterans' Day on Monday is.
I was about to write the same thing. As I see it, she doesn't understand her new role, constitutional role, she doesn't get it at all. She grew up having heard about royals in fairy tales and real royalty, with actual duties, it's something so so far from her. It's ok, it's understandable but she is an adult that has been married-in such a family and she cannot act like she used to. Everything she does, now, it should be about british people and the monarchy, not about herself. She doesn't get it. She thinks she knows better, she thinks she will change the institution. No. British people may choose this, not her. She has to study, the history of the country that pays her not-so-humble lifestyle and the protocol of the institution.

As for showing skin, I agree it's not appropriate but concidering she's pregnant, maybe she feels too hot and cannot stand too much fabric on her? I will give her a pass, just in case it's a hormonal thing.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2018, 02:16:14 AM »

I was about to write the same thing. As I see it, she doesn't understand her new role, constitutional role, she doesn't get it at all. She grew up having heard about royals in fairy tales and real royalty, with actual duties, it's something so so far from her. It's ok, it's understandable but she is an adult that has been married-in such a family and she cannot act like she used to. Everything she does, now, it should be about british people and the monarchy, not about herself. She doesn't get it. She thinks she knows better, she thinks she will change the institution. No. British people may choose this, not her. She has to study, the history of the country that pays her not-so-humble lifestyle and the protocol of the institution.

As for showing skin, I agree it's not appropriate but concidering she's pregnant, maybe she feels too hot and cannot stand too much fabric on her? I will give her a pass, just in case it's a hormonal thing.

Nope. No pass. she could have worn a light sheath to cover her arms, or worst the worst, thrown a shawl over her arms to cover up. To show so much skin looks deliberately to attract maximum attention to herself.  Snare

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2018, 02:29:52 AM »

Would someone please remind me what this particular event was?  I have lost track.  Was it a service or some form of entertainment?  I can't form an opinion as to whether or not bare arms were appropriate unless I know.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2018, 02:35:18 AM »

Would someone please remind me what this particular event was?  I have lost track.  Was it a service or some form of entertainment?  I can't form an opinion as to whether or not bare arms were appropriate unless I know.

It was the 'Festival of Remembrance' accord to The Royal British Legion wiki article (https://en.wikipedia.org/...estival_of_Remembrance)--Most parts of the Festival are of a formal, thought-provoking, and solemn nature.   You don't need to go full funeral but demure and tasteful would be perfect.   Now not every royal lady hits the mark every year but Meghan looked very out of place...as did William and Harry in blue suits (black, charcoal, or dark navy would have been much better).
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2018, 03:06:16 AM »

Would someone please remind me what this particular event was?  I have lost track.  Was it a service or some form of entertainment?  I can't form an opinion as to whether or not bare arms were appropriate unless I know.

It was the 'Festival of Remembrance' accord to The Royal British Legion wiki article (https://en.wikipedia.org/...estival_of_Remembrance)--Most parts of the Festival are of a formal, thought-provoking, and solemn nature.  You don't need to go full funeral but demure and tasteful would be perfect.   Now not every royal lady hits the mark every year but Meghan looked very out of place...as did William and Harry in blue suits (black, charcoal, or dark navy would have been much better).

Thank you!   Hug  This is the same event to which Meghan wore the coat with the black satin bow.  She's obviously taken the coat off.  Kate is wearing the dress with the asymmetrical neckline but her hair is covering it in the photo and I thought this must be a third event.

OK.  I agree it would have been better if she had her arms covered,  but frankly I think William's blue suit is more inappropriate than Meghan's bare arms.  Edward was wearing the right suit, and even Andrew.  For all his faults, at least Andrew knows how to dress.  William and Harry should pay attention to how their father and uncles dress, and learn from them, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Those two seem determined to do things their own way though lacking the ability to know they need help in making the right decisions.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2018, 10:52:27 AM »

What is it with the blue suits? I know many (many!!) men working in cooperate settings (banks, governments and high industry) and while they can and will do blue, they apparently never do ink blue, because I never see them in anything so bright and light as Harry and William. I see an ocean of charcoal, and very dark navy (black is too undertaker-ish), I see pin stripes with black, I see light grey and a lighter blue in the height of summer when the event is not particularly formal or important. I never see ink blue with anything formal and solemn.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
kookai

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »

What is it with the blue suits? I know many (many!!) men working in cooperate settings (banks, governments and high industry) and while they can and will do blue, they apparently never do ink blue, because I never see them in anything so bright and light as Harry and William. I see an ocean of charcoal, and very dark navy (black is too undertaker-ish), I see pin stripes with black, I see light grey and a lighter blue in the height of summer when the event is not particularly formal or important. I never see ink blue with anything formal and solemn.

Arenít the ties Harry and William are wearing related to one of the regiments or have some other military connection. Perhaps the blue suits are the uniform for these ties. Theyíve worn the ties before but donít remember with what suit.
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2018, 12:25:33 PM »

Arenít the ties Harry and William are wearing related to one of the regiments or have some other military connection. Perhaps the blue suits are the uniform for these ties. Theyíve worn the ties before but donít remember with what suit.

POW,  DOY & EOW wore theirs with either dark navy or black suits.

These two are just morons plain and simple.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2018, 03:32:34 PM »

congrats on your 2000 posts!!!!!

leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2018, 10:33:43 PM »

congrats on your 2000 posts!!!!!

Thanks onar Hug
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: