Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch State Visit to the UK - will she or won't she?  (Read 26744 times)
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »

The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Their Majesties meet entrepreneurs and business owners  at @PopBrixton in South London.

Queen Maxima and The Countess of Wessex meet children from the local community taking part in an art class at @popbrixton.

Willem-Alexander and Máxima visit Prime Minister May on Downingstreet 10.

Tower Bridge

Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »

Love this photo - you see two people who support each other, love each other and enjoy what they are doing.

AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2018, 03:06:43 PM »

Love this photo - you see two people who support each other, love each other and enjoy what they are doing.

Not just love-but you can tell they LIKE being around each other, Willem has a very genuine smile in that picture Smiley
lizzie78

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2018, 03:14:05 PM »

Wow, Maxima is just WOW!!!
jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2018, 03:24:17 PM »

Catching up on this and yay! Sophie wore one of the aquamarine tiaras!!  Banana What determines who wears a sash and who doesn't in the BRF?
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »

Catching up on this and yay! Sophie wore one of the aquamarine tiaras!!  Banana What determines who wears a sash and who doesn't in the BRF?

If you have received and order of the other country that comes with a sash, it's what you wear (hence QEII in an orange one and WAX in an blue one, there's a medaillon hanging from it, could be St George the and the dragon but I cannot recall which that belongs to, i.e. if he's already wearing the Garter sash). If you haven't received any, you'll wear the highest order of your own country (hence Max's blue and orange one).

IIRC the Order of the Garter comes with, well, a garter and a enamel/diamond star, you can see Philip, Charles and Chompers wearing the most formal attire (with a knickerbocker and black silk sock, quite jolly) with the garter at earlier state banquets. But maybe that blue sash is the Garter one.

The Royal Family order has a small yellow bow with a portrait of the current monarch. If you were alive during other reigns, you'd wear the orders of the other monarchs too (hence QEII's two bows, for her father and her grandfather). I don't think foreigners can receive the RFO unless they are married into the family.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:36:45 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »

I was wondering because Sophie wore the blue sash and Kate isn't wearing one.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2018, 03:40:02 PM »

Sophie was made Dame Grand Cross in the Royal Victorian order in 2010, the blue sash. She received the yellow bow in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ophie,_Countess_of_Wessex

Soph has been working for the firm long and hard and has also received some foreign orders. Katen has done, well, let's just say not so much, yet, and has yet to collect her badges. It's a bit like the girl scouts, isn't it?

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »

That's because Kate only has the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II.

Sophie has the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II and the Royal Victorian Order(the sash)

Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »

Not just love-but you can tell they LIKE being around each other, Willem has a very genuine smile in that picture Smiley

These two are just too cute.

What is evident is how well the two couples get on. Max and Sophie were seen laughing a lot.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:46:48 PM by Molly2101 » Logged

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
tyffi

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2018, 03:41:31 PM »

Well, Sophie is member of AFAIK the Order of St. John and the Royal Victorian Order while Kate.. well, she only got her family order last year and that's it.  Wink
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2018, 03:43:21 PM »

Well, Sophie is member of AFAIK the Order of St. John and the Royal Victorian Order while Kate.. well, she only got her family order last year and that's it.  Wink

And Tuvalu!!

tyffi

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2018, 03:46:37 PM »

Well, Sophie is member of AFAIK the Order of St. John and the Royal Victorian Order while Kate.. well, she only got her family order last year and that's it.  Wink

And Tuvalu!!

OMG; how could I forget her most important order?

Laughing
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »

I love Max for many reasons, and one of them is that she has a normal body for her height (AHEMKATEAHEM) and works with it. She seems to have a healthy attitude all the way around, and rocks it. Who else could pull off neon pink but Max? Being queen of any country is not the easiest job, but she makes it look like fun because of her attitude.

I'll buy off on the suggested reasons above as to why E&S are accompanying W&M - now, would it be more appropriate for the Cambs to do it in terms of rank? Yes. The same holds for C&C. But looking at the four of them today, and their obvious comfort level with one another, Kate can stick with her leaf of lettuce, and William can do whatever he does when the cameras aren't around. THIS is good PR.

jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2018, 04:17:20 PM »

I see the Wessex duo and think they are the ones who should be styled duke and duchess. Ahem.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: