Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch State Visit to the UK - will she or won't she?  (Read 30857 times)
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »

Kate has the RFO since last December (so for 10 months now) and it's made of glass instead of ivory. I love the shape of her dress but i really hate the fabric. Love the necklace too. Maxima looks so stunning and I'm so so happy she's wearing the Stuart.

Larissa

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2018, 10:09:20 PM »

Oh wow, Kate.  Cry Please eat.

Is Sophie there?

I can see Edward so I assume Sophie is there as well. Also Timothy can be seen in the line up, so Anne should be there.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2018, 10:10:39 PM »

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2018, 10:11:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/RickE...tatus/1054820800426098688

Looks like Kate's got a Royal Family order now!

About time.   Frankly I hate how everything in Britain has to have some special meaning...some stupid sign of approval.  

If I had my way, children of the sovereign and the heir would get the Garter, Thistle, Royal Victorian, and Royal Family Order (for the gals) at 18.   Other HRHs (York girls, Kents, Gloucesters) would get just the Royal Victorian and  Royal Family Order (for the gals) at 18.   And spouses of HRH would get the Royal Victorian and Royal Family Order (for the wives) on their wedding day.  

Nearly every other RF these things are automatic at either 18 or marriage not some dumb sign of something.  Just a sign your apart of that family.

I agree.  I like the way the Danes and Swedes do it.  It makes more sense, IMO.  
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2018, 10:12:10 PM »

I'll reserve judgment on the dress when I see it in true lighting. Kate looked so lovely right after Louis's birth. Too severe now.
lizzie78

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2018, 10:14:38 PM »

Why is Kate's made of glass instead?
 I had a feeling that she was going to go overboard on the dieting. With this last pregnancy she gained a lot more weight, and I bet seeing herself in those pictures has given her an even worse complex about her body.
 The dress is a pretty color but the fabric is not great.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2018, 10:16:32 PM »

William has gone off about when he is king heíll destroy any and all ivory in the Royal collection, so Kateís canít be made of ivory.

I get it not being made of ivory anymore but itís iust because William wants it, that Kate has hers made of glass. She does everything he wants.

Can you tell I really canít stand him.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Larissa

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »

I don't understand how they can't reuse the old RFO's. They should just change the photos.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2018, 10:20:18 PM »

I had a feeling that she was going to go overboard on the dieting. With this last pregnancy she gained a lot more weight, and I bet seeing herself in those pictures has given her an even worse complex about her body.

There are any number of reasons:

1. There could be no more of the original ivory ones to pass down.  And passing down might not be a thing.  

2. They are out of ivory and of course canít get more because itís illegal now.

3. William and his anti ivory letís destroy all the ivory in the palace thing.  

They were going to have to come up with a new method anyway for when Charles is king so they might tryout different ways with Kate and any future women who get the Queenís order.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »

I don't understand how they can't reuse the old RFO's. They should just change the photos.

The way I understand is that itís actually a miniature portrait painted onto the ivory (glass for Kate).
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2018, 10:22:03 PM »

William is also quite outspoken about the illegal ivory trade, the treatment of wildlife and the destruction of wildlife populations. After learning all I have about the ivory trade, I personally wouldn't want a modern order that had been made from ivory.  It is quite possible that Kate feels the same as her husband on the topic.  
Larissa

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2018, 10:22:24 PM »

The way I understand is that itís actually a miniature portrait painted onto the ivory (glass for Kate).

Thank you!

I thought they were similar to the Swedes, which is a photo.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2018, 10:34:55 PM »

1. There could be no more of the original ivory ones to pass down.  And passing down might not be a thing.  

They were going to have to come up with a new method anyway for when Charles is king so they might tryout different ways with Kate and any future women who get the Queenís order.

Personally, I'm okay with the change from ivory to glass.  It's about time they modernized this.  The ivory trade is horrible, destructive, immoral and unsustainable.  William is a douchecanoe, but this is one thing I agree with him about.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »

Go Max go! She looks wonderful. So distracted by the Stuart I didn't even see what HM or the other ladies were wearing the first time around.

I think the CLK suits Kate really well but that dress... oh girl what were you thinking?
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »

Personally, I'm okay with the change from ivory to glass.  It's about time they modernized this.  The ivory trade is horrible, destructive, immoral and unsustainable.  William is a douchecanoe, but this is one thing I agree with him about.

I agree that the needed the new method as ivory is illegal but I would throw fits if William actually destroyed historical artwork and what not.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: