Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch State Visit to the UK - will she or won't she?  (Read 32626 times)
EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2018, 09:52:23 AM »

current mood:

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2018, 09:53:30 AM »

current mood:

Laughing Laughing  Star
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2018, 10:19:58 AM »

Laughing Laughing  Star

Hey there!
Still a bit dizzy from last night? I am!!

Check out the Original tweet from Rick Evers and find the mixup in the verbs!

BREAKING: Máxima draagt vanavond de blauwgrijze diamant van ca 40 karaat die bekend staat als de ‘Stuart’ en kwam in 1690, vlak na de kroning van koning-stadhouder Willem III en Koningin Mary II, in bezit gekomen. Mary sleep het met 22 facetten volgens model van Amsterdamse roos.

AAANYWAY, Gurl really did bring it last night. Methinks the necklace would have been too too much, besides the style of it doesn't really complement the tiara/stomacher/Earring combo.

MkM site has a well-researched story about the House Diamonds (which include the Stuart) and how Emma Queen Mary-d them from an imposingbut meh necklace and stomacher into the set we know today. (stomacher, earrings, necklace, tiara)

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2018, 10:39:00 AM »

Laughing Laughing  Star

Hey there!
Still a bit dizzy from last night? I am!!

Check out the Original tweet from Rick Evers and find the mixup in the verbs!

BREAKING: Máxima draagt vanavond de blauwgrijze diamant van ca 40 karaat die bekend staat als de ‘Stuart’ en kwam in 1690, vlak na de kroning van koning-stadhouder Willem III en Koningin Mary II, in bezit gekomen. Mary sleep het met 22 facetten volgens model van Amsterdamse roos.

AAANYWAY, Gurl really did bring it last night. Methinks the necklace would have been too too much, besides the style of it doesn't really complement the tiara/stomacher/Earring combo.

MkM site has a well-researched story about the House Diamonds (which include the Stuart) and how Emma Queen Mary-d them from an imposingbut meh necklace and stomacher into the set we know today. (stomacher, earrings, necklace, tiara)

Well yesterday night was pretty overwhelming in my case:
- After haven't done sports for a relative long time, I participated in 2 hours of a teamsport (ok, I have some light muscle ache now), topped of with a cosy drink and talk in a pub close by
- Reading and looking up all the glamour presented at the first day and night of the Dutch state visit to the UK. And being overwhelmed by Max in the Stuart glory.
- Not being able to sleep until about 03:30, Western Europe time. Almost missed my alarm clock this morning, which ringed at 05:45. I eventually woke up around 06:30. Still in time, but later then I anticipated.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »

The Earl and Countess of Wessex and The King and Queen of the Netherlands arrive at a Breakfast at Mansion House

The breakfast is given by the Lord Mayor and the City of London, with business leaders from the UK and the Netherlands - and takes place ahead of a showcase to celebrate innovation.

Maxima is R-O-C-K-I-N-G!! Lolipop
Sophie, the picture of class and elegance

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2018, 11:53:41 AM »

Their Majesties and The Earl and Countess view the exhibition on innovation at Mansion House - showcasing work from businesses from the Netherlands and the UK.

The king and queen visit patrol vessel Zeeland, which is located in front of the Tower Bridge.

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »

So what protocol determines who attends such occasions ? Charles and Cam - yes, Edward and Sophie, and Willnot and Wife. Andrew ? Anne and husband and the royal duke cousins of QE11. So if Haz and Chook had not been pushed off to the Pacific for a holitour would they have been there ? And if so why not other grandchildren ? Haz is just another lower ranking rent seeker
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2018, 12:45:31 PM »

current mood:

Star 
I'm in the same mood too  Grin
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »

Their Majesties and The Earl and Countess view the exhibition on innovation at Mansion House - showcasing work from businesses from the Netherlands and the UK.

That's quite the Sean Spicer collar on Sophster's suit, and I like it much less than when she wore it back in 2012. She looks not unlike an elegant navy sausage. That stiff satin is a harsh mistress at the best of times, and next to Maxima's eye-poppin, body-rocking hot pink? Rather bleurgh. The earrings are very cool, though.

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »

Wouldn’t Wills and Kate rather than Edward and Sophie be the more obvious accompanists for a king and queen? Or is Max of Edward’s vintage?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2018, 01:09:59 PM »

IMO both ladies rocked it, Max and Sophie
sal89

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »

Wouldn’t Wills and Kate rather than Edward and Sophie be the more obvious accompanists for a king and queen? Or is Max of Edward’s vintage?

I was wondering this too. No offense to Ed and Sophie but why isn't this Will and Kate?
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2018, 01:24:26 PM »

I was wondering this too. No offense to Ed and Sophie but why isn't this Will and Kate?

I think it’s probably got more to do with Edward and Soph being old friends of WA and Max. They were at WA’s 40th and 50th birthday bashes as they’re good friends. They’ve made friends due to all the foreign royal weddings and gigs they attend.

Will and Kate will have plenty of time in the future when they’re the son and daughter in law of the reigning Monarch, just like Eddy and Soph are.

I also think the Wessex’s will do a better job of hosting than the Cambridge’s would do.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »

Wax and Ed are about 2 years apart . . . and as the British royals don't send the "A" team to Euro events on most occasions - which are mostly marriages of younger members - then I think they would have met on many occasions. Of course Wax is now King but including Ed and Sophie in some day time events is nice IMO. Charles would be the appropriate representative - but he is much older and Wills and wife are 15 years younger. And I can't imagine what conversation Mr and Mrs Holland would have with the Cambridge pair - even Max would balk at discussions of Natan and why dont go there . .    Grin
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2018, 02:11:55 PM »

I think Esther and Molly give good explanations, reasons why Ed and Soph instead of Willnot and Waity
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: