Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch State Visit to the UK - will she or won't she?  (Read 25206 times)
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »

I see the Wessex duo and think they are the ones who should be styled duke and duchess. Ahem.

they will in time - Duke & Duchess of Edinburgh
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »

Their Majesties and The Earl and Countess view the exhibition on innovation at Mansion House - showcasing work from businesses from the Netherlands and the UK.

That's quite the Sean Spicer collar on Sophster's suit, and I like it much less than when she wore it back in 2012. She looks not unlike an elegant navy sausage. That stiff satin is a harsh mistress at the best of times, and next to Maxima's eye-poppin, body-rocking hot pink? Rather bleurgh. The earrings are very cool, though.

i like sophie, but i'm finding her outfit/suit to look rather matronly esp. next to max's dress.  love the color, though.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »

The Queen bids farewell to The King and Queen of the Netherlands at the Grand Entrance of Buckingham Palace ending their 2 day State Visit to the UK

Other photos

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »

more photos

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »

That's it? It was such a short visit!
It's nice when you see they enjoy each other's company, behave properly and having fun while they respect the institution - all at the same time!

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2018, 06:27:51 PM »

PERFECT visit.
Hosts happy, guests happy, Major Bling on display, all dressed well - nothing more to wish.

I'd rather see them doing a 16 days tour through Europe than the mess just happening at the other end of the world.
Max would even make a tour through Antarctica interesting, entertaining the penguins.
Carreen

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »

My first "real" post here to confess my girl crush for Queen Maxima... and I have enjoyed this love fest thread so much :-) Sophie and Maxima are among my favorite royals and they really get along well - you can't fake those smiles.

I think that King Willem Alexander is enormously proud of his wife, he has this happy little smile in his eyes when he looks at her. Perfect.

What a wonderful royal visit. And following along here with all you knowledgeable people explaining about the bling is just great.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »

PERFECT visit.
Hosts happy, guests happy, Major Bling on display, all dressed well - nothing more to wish.

I'd rather see them doing a 16 days tour through Europe than the mess just happening at the other end of the world.
Max would even make a tour through Antarctica interesting, entertaining the penguins.

This this this.  Star

I, and any penguins,  always smile when we see photos of Max. Major girl crush!
nonni

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »

Everytime I see Max I smile.  She is really a happy person, and enjoys what she does.  She also enjoys the love of her life.
Princess Jasmine

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »

I agree with all how well WA, Max, Ed and Sophie get along.

However...

Shouldn't the Cambridges learn and network? If there is one couple who can 'guide' them it's WA and Max.

Kate had lunch with WA once, when she was in the Netherlands. And didn't Kate do trooping once next to Max?

Age gaps should not matter at this level of professionalism and diplomacy. Liz and Bea are close from the start, while Liz is 10 years older.

For my fellow Dutchies here: when did WA become so handsome, non awkward and charming? Who is this dashing man? I like! A lot!
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: October 24, 2018, 07:37:47 PM »

Ah - walked past that Dutch patrol boat three or four times this week and was wondering if they were going to visit it. They did a whole ceremony putting the flag up this morning, with all the officers on deck in full dress uniform. Its tied up next to HMS Belfast so the Royal Navy stuck a giant flag up on the top of THAT ship, so it flew above the Dutch one. Subtle, England  Tongue

Love that fuscia dress
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:44:31 PM by Sondra Finchley » Logged
Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: October 24, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »

Does anyone know who is the designer of those long black earrings Max is wearing? 
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: October 24, 2018, 07:57:19 PM »

Looks like the Queen really enjoyed her house guests.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2018, 08:10:39 PM »

What a wonderful visit it was. I only wish it had been longer, much longer.
Fashion and jewel wise it was a dream come true and so much more than I dared to hope. All those grand tiaras together in one evening    I also liked such a close and easy atmosphere.   
WA and Maxima, next visit, please Smiley
royalviewers

Warned
Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2018, 08:27:17 PM »

Jumping Jumping Jumping 
PERFECT visit.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: